Forums > Social Chat > Is it right to say this??

Login/Join to Participate

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
Ok this is a bit of a moan I've just Emailed someone off this web site just to see if they wanted to get together for a sessionof spinning. Thats not a crime is it ??? But this person seemes to think it is, The answer I got back was "who the f**k are you?"
Ok moan ova just had to say that. Other than that the days good, Raining, but still good.

live life
Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
It is quite surprising to me that anyone of the usual HOPers would respond that way ....
Don't know how your mail sounded and if you said you'd found his / her address on HOP or anything ...
But I think it is quite sad
Not all HOPers are like that, cheer up, join us in Clapham Common Park in London on May 18th , you'll see
Shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
are you serious????

it wasnt me was it? hee hee

there has to be a misunderstanding, cuae i cant imagine anyone from the board saying that and meaning it. But if they did, shame on them, you know who you are.

You dont have to list your email. I apaologize for that, and dont let that make you not want to ask people anymore, i can be very confidant when i say that is an isolated incident.

Super'

by the way, who the hell are you anyway?

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

stickyfishmember
39 posts

Posted:
I would try not to take such a comment to heart. The sender may not have meant the comment to be recieved as you took it to be. I am quite often very rude to my friends with quite affectionate intentions (I know it sounds stupid, and it is, but it's true) and I also somtimes find myself doing this with people who I don't know so well, with often diasterous conseqences(sp) (I have the scars to prove it).

This is all getting a bit rambly now, but what I'm trying to say is this person may not have iontended to be rude, they may have realised how rude it sounded only after they sent it and they may be feeling very embaressed.

So send the c**t another email explaining and f******g sort it out you silly cow.

Love & Peace & Lots of Luck

Rob

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
Cheerz guys n galz I wasn't upset I just thought It was rude. Hey cassandra whats this thing at Clapham Common?

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

4,224 posts

Posted:
Please check the Events and gathering section of the Board, Glass started a thread with all the information (sorry I suck at making cool links and all, Cantus is the man for that )
Looking forward to seeing you there
shine on
Cass

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
I second stickyfish. I have offended many, many people because I just never manage to sound sarcastic or joking when I actually am. My friends take me way too seriously!

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Ye' It's hard to get your tone of voice, body language and expression across accurately when it's just words in writing... And then it can be interpreted compleately different aswell

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
Just to let people know it's all sorted know an we're meeting up soon
cheerz Spike

answers on a post card

fire snakemember
2 posts

Posted:
Hey man that is real sad. I have just joined and like you I plan to contact people from this site to get a bit of info and maybe get together for a session. I am very interested in learning how to use fire poi's and the like so if anyone could give me a few tips don't hesitate to email me.

firesnake christinaduncan@hotmail.com

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
firesnake this was just a miss understanding. if you want to meet people try the meet people section of this web site. and also go and put yourself on the introductions section, Don't let this put you off contacting people there all really friendly on this site
Cheerz Spike

answers on a post card

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
sorry people it was me... ...however I would like to explain a few things...
I recieved the e-mail at work and havent given that mail address out on this site for obvious reasons, hence wasnt expecting anyone from HOP...
the original message had only a subject (which was rather bizzare, but quite cool) and no body... Over the past week I have had a serious problem at work with our server being bombarded with viruses and its taking a lot of time to fix and put right... (the problem continues)
they have all been coming in from different e-mail accounts (mostly hotmail) and with weird subjects, and so my initial response was a little harsh... ...other people are also correct tho'; I tend to swear at people a lot anyway, and its wasnt meant in a malicious way... I appologise if I offended anyone...
I know these are not really excuses for snapping, but felt I wanted to explain the circumstances... Im sure people who know me would agree I swear a lot but never mean anyone any harm by it...
I have used the meet others section before and other people have contacted me though it... I enjoy meeting other people through poi as much as anyone else, and I would never try and put anyone off... ....even if I dont know who the f*#k they are I was just caught at an unfortunate time

b

PS spike and me are aiming to meet up sometime soon for a spin, so hopefully all is forgiven?...

[ 04 May 2002, 01:25: Message edited by: catboy ]

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

4,224 posts

Posted:
Catboy, shame on you !!!!! For your ^punishment you'll be forced to join us all at PIP in London on May 18th

so happy taht this little something is over and everything is cool.
Hope you two have a nice spin together

see ya

shine on
Cassandra

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
gonna try and make it down there, but might be difficult... I have just been quoted 250 quid to fix my car... something I wasnt expecting this month!!! and I have no choice but to get it done which sucks!
anyway, hopefully see you all there, but not making any promises, so you might have to come up with some alternative punishment

besides, who else did you think it would be... check out my member number!

[ 04 May 2002, 02:01: Message edited by: catboy ]

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
Catboy now it's all been sorted , How do you fancy coming down with me and my girl friend? It's all been one BIG missunderstanding. Every ones happy again

see you all at PIP can't wait to see every one
Cheerz
Spike

answers on a post card

4,224 posts

Posted:
666 ????????????????????????????

Non-Https Image Link

you're evil ... plus you're CAT boy ...

spoooooooky

shine on
Cass

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
yeah... but cats are the guardians against evil who protect the gates of hell according to the egyptians or something.. ...hopefully max my faithful cat will exorcise my demons... well cure my cleptomania anyway!

b:)

ps... see you all at pip on the 18th!