Forums > Other Toys > again with the ribbons

Login/Join to Participate

embressmember
1 post

Posted:
ive heard people on this forum talk about ribbons... but does anyone actually have any ideas on how to make them on fire!! i thik this would look AWESOME! i am semi-skilled in the area of ribbons, yet i want them to be on fire! ive thought about thin chain rtied with paper rope or wick... or even just paper rope... anyone else for any ideas??
thanks.

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
go back to the other ribbon thread pet :P

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
paper rope is almost completely unsuitable for moving fast, it disintegrates into very large chunks and flies off after a while, which is not good. Plus it has small wires in it to give it strength, so it wouldn't whip right probably and it would leave nearly invisible hot metal twirling around... Not my idea of safe...

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

Stormy, Queen of VodkaThe HoP Industrial Rainbow Fairy
385 posts

Posted:
I've thought about this a lot. I think to do it you would need some kind of inflammable material to begin with. As it would be REALLY dangerous to have the whole thing on fire, you'd only be able to light the last few metres. I was thinking that a few meters of kevlar wick adhered (somehow) to the top half of a standard (but inflammable) ribbon. I dunno quite how it would work, but I'm giving it a go very soon!

†.You've got invisible fangs and cherry nun bangs,
Your erotic cabaret is non stop
You're wearing too many belts
And I bet they leave welts
Shut up and dance cause I wanna pop.†