Forums > Social Chat > what'dya think Aussies???

Login/Join to Participate

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
i think us aussies need an anual meet, cos it seems that the only meets that happen, happen on easter at confest and all, but theres so many events going on that weekend of every year...
we should mke an anual meet or every 6 months or something.. just an idea.
Im really keen to meet twirlers from all over the place, and i think a meet would be the best way!!!
what do you think would be possible????

Fire... A bushmans telly

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I agree... Maybe even once a season... not everyone would be able to go, understandably... but just think of the contacts... the friends... and so many misunderstanding of love relationships... oh I am so there...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Yeay!
Nice Idea! Perhaps linking up with already existing Gatherings would be cool... Make one a year (or whatever) a "jumbo" (for want of a better word ) Gathering for everyone to come together at once... ? I'd be keen!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Yeah, and this gathering could be called the 'quickening' we would obviously exclude the newly made Nightwalkers - only adept and ancient Vampires need attend. obviously the quickening should be held at night, preferebly on a blood moon. The oldest vampires at the gathering could then share their BTB moves, if not a pint of blood. then we'd do horrible things to Christopher Lambert's relatives to make him say in a silly accent 'McCloud'.. or is it 'Mcklooowd'

Akesha looks nicey.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
My friend and I were just talking about that this morning... we have many a place to twirl but not many a person to twirl with.. and thinking about how many new friends we'd make and new moves we'd learn..its such a good idea. Id be up for it and I know a fair few other people that would jump on the bandwagon... lets get this happening...
grins and twirls under the moon with new fire friends

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
it can easily be seen that this is gunna snowball - twirling clubs - we could have twirling clubs up and down the oz coast. it is the only logical step this massive growth in twirler ranks. As a movement, only bad press from the early 2002 NSW bushfires could get in the way.

the first rule of twirl club would have to then be:
don't talk about twirl club.

my mind made me do it

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

1,903 posts

Posted:
about what now???... what are you talking about...

3,492 posts

Posted:
Hey Valura.... I couldn't help but notice that you're a brizzy fire bug as well... Well um... there's this gathering, Moon Fest, at Shorncliffe every Full Moon with lots of fire twirling and drumming and dancing and stuff... There's more info in the Events and Gatherings section of this board...

she says nervously hoping no one will notice her increadibly obvious plug for her own post

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
"..deliver me from Swedish furniture!"

go twirl club.

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
*notices, but feels it would be rude to mention it*

I am occasionally up in Brizzy visiting my boyo, but I never seem to coordinate with moonfest times. Do you guys meet at any other time?

[ 03 May 2002, 17:54: Message edited by: Rozi ]

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

3,492 posts

Posted:
Well there's a few other gatherings around Brizzy as well... On Tuesdays at Davies Park in West end ther's a twirl/jam/juggle night... as well as up in Coolum (Sunshine Coast) on Thursdays at Lions Park is another. And there's afew drumming circles aswell... ??? Any of these sound of interest?

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
ALRIGHT ITS ON!
Glad you like the idea. i would really love to meet heaps of other twirlers and have maty a contact and great friend all over australia! and not to mention the FANTASTIC excuse to travel!
AND!! we couls even rotate the locations, so that everyone gets a chance to travel, or to stay on their arses!!
so anyway,
i dont even know what that was about!!
whats twirl club??
man i need some sleep!!

Fire... A bushmans telly

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
hey, Moon Pixie, I think I might be able to manage one of those!!! I will send you a mail next time I am in BrisVegas...

& count me in for any other national events, sarah!!!

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

1,903 posts

Posted:
Falloutboy... your not meant to talk about it remember... Slaps his head...

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Great idea

Just incase you guys get SBS. There's a French Capoeira doco called: About Us: Warriors of Dance on at 8:30pm tonight (Friday 3 May). In Melb, anyway.

Cheers

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
OOOWWW!
I missed it.. got hte message at 11:30~
D'oh!
BTW, did anyone see the Simpsons on wednesday?
BwAHAHAHAHA
it gets funnier and funnier and more explicit every week!!!!

Fire... A bushmans telly

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Moon Pixie... have been looking at your moonfest site today and have now become a member...will be at the next Moon Fest with out a doubt.. no shame for plugging the site.. something this great needs to be shared...
Would love to catch up some time with any brissie fire bugs, mail me if ya'll are keen...
Lets get twirl club started...nice work for asking sarah...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
cheers! thanks for being keen guys! anything that will benefit my fellow twirling buddies!

Fire... A bushmans telly

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
okies....
See the snow field thread! "twirl club goes skiing!"

Fire... A bushmans telly

3,492 posts

Posted:
Valura, it's so lovely to have you on the moonfest board (and of course this one!) and I'm so exited that I'll be able to meet some of the people that I talk to on the board!

And um Sarah... If we want to make Moon Fest one of the places it means I can sit on my bum so I'd love to have you guys come along... But I'd love to travel too! So the rotation location (he he that ryhms!) thing sounds great!

Yippy!

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
WOOOHOOO!

Fire... A bushmans telly

poipixiemember
53 posts

Posted:
yay!!!!! *attempts without success to contain her excitement!!!!* this is the best idea since the HoP gathering at NZ next year! i'm kinda a beginner in the scheme of things and i havent really had anyone to learn things from, i just been trying to figure it out 4 myself, so this will be awesome!!! yayayay!! ok, youve got my hopes up now, i hope this happens i still havent been to a moonfest because it seems that every month some new and even more frustrating thing happens to stop me from going. but never fear, this month i will be there with bells on!
LOve, kisses and magikal wishes, *SaM*

--*SaM*--

Lt Furlongmember
21 posts

Posted:
Is it just me not paying attention, or are there hardly any Sydney spinners here?

I'm trying to get as many spinners as i know to come to Hyde Park in Sydney this Friday 17th May, probably just after 5pm. I've got a bunch of friends coming, some that want to learn, others are going to be drumming or taking photos.

Any other sydney based spinners feel free to join us!!

And if there's to be a national meet, i can't think of a better excuse for a holiday!

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
There's heaps of sydney spinners on this board, we're just sometimes quiet