Login/Join to Participate
Page:
GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
****NEWSFLASH**** ****NEWSFLASH****

announced yesterday:

Disney Has Blocked the Distribution of Fahrenheit 9/11 Micheal Moores latest film.

https://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php

Its shortlisted for Cannes in a week or two. I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

It discusses the Bush/Bin Laden family ties.

In other news, yesterday Bush went on arabic TV to discuss the torture and murder of Iraqi prisoners by US troops - and did NOT apologise. frown

The white House issued a "bush really is sorry, he just forgot to mention it" statement this morning a bit too late.

EDITED_BY: Glåss (1083855439)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
:gratuitousadmirationmode:
if anyone deserves it he does!

[insert PROPS emoticon]

:/gratuitousadmirationmode:

Let's relight this forum ubblove

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
i have not read enough of michael moore's work and i've only seen 'bowling for colombine' (sp?) once...ages ago. so i can't really comment on how i feel or if i agree with his politics or his method.

BUT! as i live in the land of oz, where the censors spend a lot of their time banning films that are celebrated elsewhere, it's a possibility that i won't even get to see this anti bush film! which is very annoying! i would really like to see it!

not sure if anyone has seen or heard of 'ken park'? well it was banned here cos it portrayed teenage sex, or so i remember. 'the movie show' host margaret (i've forgotten her last name - sorry!) got a few hundred people together, and tried to show the movie. they barely got through the opening credits when the police cut the power and stormed the building. they arrested people...for showing a MOVIE!!!

whatever happened to free speech? and consumer choice?

all i can say is "murder is a crime, but portraying it is not. sex is not a crime, but portraying it is". the world of the film censor must be an odd one.

meditate

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

DFZBRONZE Member
Christian Death Metal Anyone?
313 posts

Posted:
I think i remember hearing something about that movie, didn't it also have very graphic violence and a disturbing rape scene? Might be confused with a different movie but i still agree that most movies should be shown, as i do agree that it is our choice to watch what we can handle.

In relation to Fahrenheit 911 it is due for release by Birch Carrol and Coyle on the 29th of july. Although it will probally be released to selected cinema's. Indroopilly (sp?) normally get's them though i think.

Hope this helps.

Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?
-- Steven Wright

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
yeah - that's the movie!! i forgot about all that other stuff in the movie - i just remember that i was really p*ssed off cos i wasn't going to be able to see it!

29th of july hey? thanks for that!! i will keep my eye out!! indro (who can be bothered typing the whole thing out again!!!) isn't too far from me! also - it could go to the dendy or palace.

weavesmiley

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

BirgitBRONZE Member
had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
4,145 posts

Posted:
There's been a book, "Do As I Say (Not as I do) – Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy" by Peter Schweizer. It says that Michael Moore has shares of Haliburton, Sunoco, Pfizer, Merck and General Electric (involved in producing landmine components, among other things). Apparently, he also requested a private jet for going to book readings.

I have to admit that I'm more than just a bit amused... I realise what Schweizer does is a bit of people-bashing, but hey, that's what Moore gets his Oscars for smile

https://www.nationalreview.com/interrogatory/schweizer200510250827.asp
for an interview.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
There's a fair amount of shady stuff in his back-ground, including alleged links to the Bush family.
Check out 911 In Plane Site - can't vouch for it's info, but throws up more decent questions.

Tho if it was an amercian conspiracy I think they'd be more likely to fly a plane into the builind rather than use a hologram as some conspiracy threorist speculate.

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
I've examined evidence from the Pentagon crash site, and it does not support the explanation that a plane hit the building. This isn't conspiracy thinking, it's plain, old deductive reasoning.

I won't try to convert anyone, but I suggest you look at the information available and decide for yourself..."Can you trust your government?"
https://members.aol.com/erichuf/PainfulQuestions_1.pdf#search='painful%20questions'

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Page: