• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Discussion > Michael Moore film Fahrenheit 9/11 vs Disney

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 12

The Ministry of Manipulation
Total posts: 2523
Posted:****NEWSFLASH**** ****NEWSFLASH****

announced yesterday:

Disney Has Blocked the Distribution of Fahrenheit 9/11 Micheal Moores latest film.

Its shortlisted for Cannes in a week or two. I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

It discusses the Bush/Bin Laden family ties.

In other news, yesterday Bush went on arabic TV to discuss the torture and murder of Iraqi prisoners by US troops - and did NOT apologise. frown

The white House issued a "bush really is sorry, he just forgot to mention it" statement this morning a bit too late.

EDITED_BY: Glss (1083855439)

Carpal \'Tunnel
Total posts: 3899
Posted:when my father met George Bush Sr., they were both in jeans! ok, so they both had button up shirts on, but there were no ties involved. Ok, ok, so it was a BBQ on the white house lawn, and I think everyone was told to wear jeans...

As for MM, he makes a poignient movie, but mostly by gross exaggeration and sometimes outright decpetion. But what he does present usually has enough truth to make an interesting point.

And it is disney's right to not distribute anything they are ultimately responsible for. Hate 'em if you will, but they aren't doing anything wrong by the terms that society has agreed upon.

I am really hoping I'll get to see the movie in question though. I almost thought about going to France just to see it's premier at the film festival there, until it occured to me that it would be hopelessly sold out long before I could ever hope to get a ticket.

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 15414
Posted:Well, Yesterday I heard that Micheal Moore had one the Palme D'or, one of the highest awards for a film maker.

Also, i heard that Miramax are attempting to buy back the rights to the film from Disney.

Lets hope as many people get to see this one as possible.

Total posts: 1459
Posted:that doesn't surprise me one bit. he was briefly interviewed in cannes the night the film was first screened, and there was talk of him getting a 15 minute standing ovation. reporters claimed afterwards that the ovation was closer to 25 mins. there was talk all week it was gonna get the palm d'or. fair play to you mike! can't wait to see it !!

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

playing the days away
Total posts: 7263
if anyone deserves it he does!

[insert PROPS emoticon]

Let's relight this forum ubblove

.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
Total posts: 3776
Posted:i have not read enough of michael moore's work and i've only seen 'bowling for colombine' (sp?) once...ages ago. so i can't really comment on how i feel or if i agree with his politics or his method.

BUT! as i live in the land of oz, where the censors spend a lot of their time banning films that are celebrated elsewhere, it's a possibility that i won't even get to see this anti bush film! which is very annoying! i would really like to see it!

not sure if anyone has seen or heard of 'ken park'? well it was banned here cos it portrayed teenage sex, or so i remember. 'the movie show' host margaret (i've forgotten her last name - sorry!) got a few hundred people together, and tried to show the movie. they barely got through the opening credits when the police cut the power and stormed the building. they arrested people...for showing a MOVIE!!!

whatever happened to free speech? and consumer choice?

all i can say is "murder is a crime, but portraying it is not. sex is not a crime, but portraying it is". the world of the film censor must be an odd one.

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! grin it confuses people!

Christian Death Metal Anyone?
Total posts: 313
Posted:I think i remember hearing something about that movie, didn't it also have very graphic violence and a disturbing rape scene? Might be confused with a different movie but i still agree that most movies should be shown, as i do agree that it is our choice to watch what we can handle.

In relation to Fahrenheit 911 it is due for release by Birch Carrol and Coyle on the 29th of july. Although it will probally be released to selected cinema's. Indroopilly (sp?) normally get's them though i think.

Hope this helps.

Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?
-- Steven Wright

.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
Total posts: 3776
Posted:yeah - that's the movie!! i forgot about all that other stuff in the movie - i just remember that i was really p*ssed off cos i wasn't going to be able to see it!

29th of july hey? thanks for that!! i will keep my eye out!! indro (who can be bothered typing the whole thing out again!!!) isn't too far from me! also - it could go to the dendy or palace.

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! grin it confuses people!

had her carpal tunnel surgery already thanks v much
Total posts: 4145
Posted:There's been a book, "Do As I Say (Not as I do) Profiles in Liberal Hypocrisy" by Peter Schweizer. It says that Michael Moore has shares of Haliburton, Sunoco, Pfizer, Merck and General Electric (involved in producing landmine components, among other things). Apparently, he also requested a private jet for going to book readings.

I have to admit that I'm more than just a bit amused... I realise what Schweizer does is a bit of people-bashing, but hey, that's what Moore gets his Oscars for smile

for an interview.

"vices are like genitals - most are ugly to behold, and yet we find that our own are dear to us."
(G.W. Dahlquist)

Owner of Dragosani's left half

Total posts: 669
Posted:There's a fair amount of shady stuff in his back-ground, including alleged links to the Bush family.
Check out 911 In Plane Site - can't vouch for it's info, but throws up more decent questions.

Tho if it was an amercian conspiracy I think they'd be more likely to fly a plane into the builind rather than use a hologram as some conspiracy threorist speculate.

Diamond In The Rough
Total posts: 459
Posted:I've examined evidence from the Pentagon crash site, and it does not support the explanation that a plane hit the building. This isn't conspiracy thinking, it's plain, old deductive reasoning.

I won't try to convert anyone, but I suggest you look at the information available and decide for yourself..."Can you trust your government?"

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Page: 12