TeeJaymember
75 posts

Posted:
Hi All !

Just a little braggin here......my son just came in 2nd at the Am Samoa World Fireknife Championship. We'll be headed to Hawaii next week , where all three of my boys will be competing.
And....just to let you know and to spread the word.....there will be a fireknife competition in August in L.A.
I'll keep you posted on the details.

Teejay

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Congrats! hug hug

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Excellent!
Out of interest is there a website for these competitions or any resources where we could check it out?
Thanks smile

TeeJaymember
75 posts

Posted:
Yup....We have two...one for our "Nifo Oti Club"
www.sivaafi.org

and one for our competitions here in American Samoa and Los Angeles:

www.Flamingsword.net

Soifua

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i don't wanna sound prejudiced, but if i have kids, i'd like them to kick ass as much as yours, teejay!!
BTW the flamindsword gallery is neat-o!! fireknives look AWESOME man!!!! eek
i have to find my jaw - i've dropped it ere somewhere!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

TeeJaymember
75 posts

Posted:
javascript:void(0)Hey Bender !

Your site is great too !
I'm going to try to get the pics from this year's competition up before we leave......the junior's this year were actually better than the seniors !
Anyway - I think I've got a pretty good shot of my son with three knives...and my little guy, 11 years old, who insisted I wrap his burned hand and let him compete.....lotta heart that kid...
Of course - he burned his hand 'cause he diddn't listen to his mama !
It seems that the Samoan Fireknife dance gets a bit more leeway - perhaps because it's considered cultural ? Just seems as if we are not held to the same safety standards as other fire acts, which makes it harder for us to enforce safety measures here.
Ouch ! Brain Freeze !
ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile
Teejay