angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Wow, talk about extreme differences in climate. That would really mess with my inner peace wink

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
The difference is maddening enough, but note the perfect timing with the weekend.

-Mike

Ebonyglidermember
56 posts

Posted:
reason #1 to love michigan:

it's right across the river from canada!

Hey, I'M the BEE!

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
remember mike right across the river from Canada.

Wow that timing sucks thats like living in Vancouver. An adventure I am about to embark on. Just out of curiosity what are numbers 1 - 367? biggrin ubbloco

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Perhaps we could open a "Mike b!tching about the weather" forum, where all of the "Mike b!thing about the weather" threads could be put. wink

It's weather.

That's what it does.

Sunny, rainy, sunny. Yup, sounds like weather.

ubbangel

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
that's what the rain has been doing in Houston for the past several weeks as well...it was finally sunny around here on Sunday, but boy was it on the cool side (kinda nice for here this time of year, so I certainly won't complain about that). Really sucks for having outdoor plans on the weekend though.

I'm just hoping that the weather forecast for this weekend stays as it is - sunny. The annual Houston Art Car Parade (the biggest in the states) is happening on Sat. and I want it to be a success.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Perhaps we could open a "Mike b!tching about the weather" forum, where all of the "Mike b!thing about the weather" threads could be put. wink

It's weather.

That's what it does.

Sunny, rainy, sunny. Yup, sounds like weather.

Listen, you smart-alek New Yorker:

Unlike in SOME places, weather HERE is mandatory. Unlike some cheeky boys who frequent this board, *I* don't get to live in some concrete jungle full of interesting things to do regardless of the weather.

Just because YOU haven't seen weather in years other than 70 and Fluorescent doesn't mean that you should be insensitive to my needs and my feelings.

Hmph. rolleyes

ubblol

-Mike

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
arg! it rained here last night. I got soaked walking from the bus stop to my apartment (all of 125 meters, if that). Why am I complaining? well you see I live in a desert with sage brush, cactus, and rattle snakes. And it rains..... frown

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I have a funny story about rain and first dates...

A few weeks ago, I had a first date with a guy I had talked with online but never actually met. We agreed to go to a restaurant neither one of us had ever been to before. 3 minutes before I am due to arrive at this restaurant, it starts to rain outside. I don't mean just little pitter-patter, but a torrential downpour with rain sheets blowing sideways. Now, I hadn't bothered to realize that it was supposed to rain that weekend, so I left my umbrella at home which was over an hour away. It had been super sunny all day. So, I find the closest parking spot I can find to this restaurant and decide to make a run for it instead of waiting it out in my car since the rain just started and it looked like it was going to last for quite some time. I finally make it to the front door, but not after I have become completely soaked...and I do mean completely. I looked like a drowned rat and that I had just taken a swim in the pool with my clothing on. The waitstaff all felt horrible for me upon entering, and immediately started handing me paper cocktail napkins and larger cloth ones to try to dry off. Not very successful, but it was a nice gesture. I then went into the ladies room to - get this - wring my clothing out in the sink. That's how bad it really was. My date showed up shortly after that, but he had somehow managed to stay a bit dryer with his umbrella.

It certainly made for an amusing first date, and he now tells his friends that is the perfect way to break the ice. ubblol

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i feel your pain mike....we've been having the up and down crap here too. this past weekend? it snowed. today? it's like 85F out. and i'm stuck inside my office all day (an office with no windows i might add)(and with the A/C broken)

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

PsychoKittymember
4 posts

Posted:
It's like that on the West (Wet) Coast of Canada too. But hey, If you don't like the wheather, wait five minites and it will change. I had to run the few meters into work from the parking lot yesterday and got totally soaked, and when I went out on my first break an hour later the sun was shining. But later that night (raining again), I drove by some people spinning in a field, so that cheered me right up again.