TyCPmember
3 posts
Location: south of the north pole, LA, hollywood, San Fran, ...

Posted:
I figured out a move where you wrap two poi at the same time going opposit directions.
it looks like you stick your head in the way while you do "cages" and the poi wrap around the front side of your body and neck then the begin to unwrap the back side of your body and neck and finally come back into the cages again.
anybody do this wierd move before....is there a name??

ty

I wrap flaming things around my neck.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
They're called double neck wraps or double neck thru-wraps some people call them double suicides. They can also be done in the opposite direction (start back of neck).

They can also be done in follow time (both at same time) or one poi at a time. I find easier to think or it from a left to right (side to side) point of view than a back to front (or front to back) like butterfly ones)
smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i just called them butterfly double neckwraps.

the other guys in my crew call them 'the f*&$en crazy kamikaze move that ed does'

DSS - i though suicides involved wrapping the poi around a limb, release the handle, then re-catching it with the same hand as it came past? or is the the focus on another raging move-naming arguement *cough cough hyperloops airwraps cough*

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
just to second that, I would call the move described a double butterfly neck thru. and a double buterfly neckwrap suicide as a similar beggining but instead of flipping your head back (or forward) to come out you simply let go of the poi and go for a lightning quick catch at the sides.

and while we are on the subject, what the hell are cages?

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

graceBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
i was gonn ask the same thing..... cage ?

Hold my breath when you are near
so i don't have to breath you in
look away before i start to endorse
your eyes full of hate and remorse
in to the eye of another
be the silence that screams

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Given the context and the fact its a neck wrap, hes prolly talking about a butterfly.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

benjyBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
very niiice.
but impossible to do with fire
for me that is.
ive got dreads =they go skortsh skortsh when i do that
very sad cause this IS the coolest move ever

Think for yourself Question authority

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
to be honest is sounds like simple dual bf traces...

check this.. from a forward bf, you let the right poi hit on the left bicep and the left poi hit the right bicep.. and pull your hands down between the arms under their respective biceps (left under right and right under left) *** and pull back over.. makes kinda like a spade when you look at the aftereffect... well as it comes around it hits the bottom of the biceps and you can do a reverse of the above to get back to where you started...

anyway... if you do that only lift your arms up you can keep making them trace around the neck area without tracing your neck.. in other words as your are puulling around the bottom of your biceps... (the *** part above) you can pass back bewteen the arms and neck around the front of the neck and boottom of the biceps..

yeah.... its a shitty description.. but if you can get it with the butterfly motion... and then take that and do that lifted up.. it won't take long at all to follow what I'm talking about.. but it ends up making the poi pass around your neck and around the biceps back aroun the neck...

looking down from the top

Code:

/-------\

| L ^ head \ R ^

\_/ \_/

and abck around... only with butterfly so you have two at once..

umm since I don't have a top down view of myself that might be slightly inaccurate of how it traces.. but close enough to convey the point..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
well, i think revs gone on a little tangent there - but i like the move he describes!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Go check out my album in the photo gallery the only photo there of fire is cage.

Basicaly it is steel wool in a cage attached to a chain, lit on fire and swung round your body....you get molten steel flying in all directions...very censoredhot and very dangerous!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
you do neck wraps with cages (molten wire wool et. al.)??? eek umm

what's your neck made out of? i've burnt latices on my arms through jumpers with those...

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Haha, really. Doing neck wraps with wire wool is just asking for death.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me