OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
So, this idea sparked from current talk on chat... You got a stuffed animal? What is it/are then, and it's/their name?

Mine's a white Teddy my mom got me, and his name's Toshiya ubblove

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I have over 70 stuffed toys...but my favourite is one I was given by my now desceased grandfather.

I have had it since I was born and it is a cute panda stuffed toy. I have slept with him nearly every night for the past 23 years (yes I am 23 years old and I do know how sad that is)

And I am soooo original with the naming...it's name is...(wait for it)....Panda.

psycho44BRONZE Member
56 posts

Posted:
I have a cat that was given to me by my mother who died when i was 5 i just recently passed it on to my daughter. I also have a 3 1/2 ft tall stuffed incredible hulk. He is my fav, I love the hulk.

robotfacemember
190 posts

Posted:
Stuffing animals is inhumane!

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I currently have 4 in my apartment, and they are all white. A stuffed cat I got from a boyfriend when I was 14 named fluffy cuz it is. A stuffed teddy bear I got from my mother when I was 11 named Misty. A stuffed dog I got from a boyfriend when I was 19 named wags. And my favorite, a stuffed elephant named fred that I got for my 15th birthday. He's the one I sleep with almost every night for the past 14 years.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Please, i'd prefer if youse would use the term 'disadvantaged'
thanks yoo.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Quote:

Stuffing animals is inhumane!

So what's stuffing people? ubbloco ubbloco ubbloco
Here I was thinking this would be an informative thread on taxidermy! eek rolleyes rolleyes

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
The only stuffed animal i have is a 4 inch tall tigger doll and i sleep with him almost every night and he lives in my back pack when i'n not sleeping.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I think I have the matching Poo and Piglet stuffed animals... they are my practice poi.

In Germany I also have a dog (given to me by cassandra) and a teddy bear I received as a going away present when I left South Africa.

Back in Texas I have about a dozen left in my storage unit of the 80 or 90 or so I once had. The rest I gave to neices and nephews.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i have lots!

but i sleep with my Popple....only his tail brok last week and i need to stitch him back up!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I've got a stuffed flying monkey, straight from the Wizard of Oz smile

I'm trying to find a picture but having little luck, I'll post one if I find one.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
i tell u one story about one of mine stuffed animals..
is a big white lovely teddy called Dany..why dany?ok

when i lived in london i met there one girl from my country,slovakia,her name is dany..
we became to be a very good friend ..
..once we had a serious chat about life..
..i told her that even that i have lots of friends,i fell alone...
after that she bought me a present..she said to me that now i never be alone again...she gave me a big white lovely teddy and i called him dany..

people on the street were watch at me with happiness in their eyes,when i walked through streets with him to home...

so...yes..i have stuffed animals..and this story was only one of them!

hug hug wave

sunny
grouphug

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I have quite a few but i have 2 favourites (dont tell the rest ubbangel )

Fluffy my brown bear i got when i was born from my dad's workplace and Micky Mouse which my Nanny gave me.

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
when i was a kid i used to have a blanket that i chewed on, and my mean daddy took it away because he thought it was bad for me ( ubbcrying) and he didn;t want me to have it for the rest of my life.

but i was really upset when i couldn't find it so mum gave a me a teddy which i named teddy, and i still have it at age 20 - so nuh to dad!

my teddy is unique becuse she is a girl - that's becuase when i was little i refused to sleep with a male teddy in my bed!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
I had lots of girl teddy bears - my boy teddy bears needed girlfriends after all!

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
maybe one day it'll end up like this...

Non-Https Image Link

how sweet umm

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
ive got a really small red teddy which my dad put into my incubator when i was ickle, a dog called rocky which i got from france,an 'oridginal pooh' tigger and a bear called lawrence from the Bear Factory. They start off on the quilt when i go to sleep, but end up on the floor by the morning lol

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
you're all loopy! rolleyes wink hug......although my socks are stuffed with a hacky sack and they live with me at all times!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i have LOADS of stuffies. my fav animal as a kid was penguins, so i have an insane amount of stuffed animal penguins. and my best friend/ex-fiance used to win me stuffies out of those claw machines all the time. it became a tradition for us. i have about 2 large garbage bags stuffed full of them.

but there are 3 that are extremely important to me. the first is a little chilly willy penguin i got when i was 7 years old...it was the first penguin i ever got. i named him "pengy" (ya i'm with ya on that original names medusa).

the second is a silver rabbit that a friend bought for me for christmas one year. my best friend absolutely loves it and named it for me....Silvur, after the rabbit in Watership Down (my best friend's favorite book). i sleep with it every night to remind me of him.

and the third is a huge teddy bear named eddie. my best friend (again) bought it for me so i would have something to cuddle up to when he wasn't there. eddie is seriously about as big as me, so he's nice to cuddle up with when i'm missing a warm body next to me at night.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Yah I have tons. My farorite is a stuffed lizard my girlfriend got me for my 18th birthday. His name's Iggy the Iguanna

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
I have a teddy bear that I got for Valentine's Day. It's a cte little white bear, but where his heart should be, there's a hole clear through him... frown

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Technically not an animal, I have a meowth called meowth, that came in my stocking a few years ago.

I totally need to steal vanize's idea of disney poi wink

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
I have a small (fits in your palm) penguin that I used when regaining the strength in my hand after breaking it. I will never throw it away as it gives me strength now just to look at it.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I put all my teddies in boxes and taped them up the other day... they're all ready for packing into the loft.

I still have an eeyore, the owl from winnie the pooh, dangermouse!!! and a dancing teddy that dances to Mambo No.5 oh and a parrot beanie... not sure why....

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Mine is a teddy bear that was thrust into my arms when I was all of 6 hours old. At the time, he was bigger than I was. He isn't anymore. wink

He's not even plush, just made of knit fabric with sewn-on eyes, nose, and mouth. Multiple repairs and patches, too. He has been well loved.

Because home is where Teddy (that's his name) is, he now lives on top of my bookcase. I don't sleep with him anymore because I don't think he'd stand up very long to sleeping next to a squirmy 160-lb 26 year old man.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
i love stuffed animals, ive probaly got about a hundred and twenty of them, presently there in bags in the attic, a had a few favorites Glowy (my imagination as a child was dazeling), the glow in the dark rabbit, it had glow in the dark stars on it, and a line of glow in the dark eyelashes, so that it looked like she was sleeping when the lights were out, also a giant black cat that i draged around by the ear until it came off, i did a similar thing with a lion i carried it around by its tail until it fell off, i sense a theme developing>>>>>>luv

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
does anyone think we're too old to be sleeping with/holding our stuffies anymore?

I don't I'm 19 and Iggy the iguanna has been squeezed to death on many occations in the past year. biggrin hug

*hug's his stuffy and look suspisiously at anyone who may take it away*

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
I certainly don't. I'm 29 and Fred (my stuffed elephant) has been squeezed to death many a night as well. I think it just feels nice to have something to snuggle with at night, and if it can't be a boy, then Fred will have to do.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ya i'm 25 near 26 and i still sleep with stuffies all the time.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

does anyone think we're too old to be sleeping with/holding our stuffies anymore?
I don't I'm 19 and Iggy the iguanna has been squeezed to death on many occations in the past year. biggrin hug

*hug's his stuffy and look suspisiously at anyone who may take it away*

I'm definately not too old to sleep with mine. But he's too old to sleep with me!

Hmm...I'm actually working in the geriatrics clinic right now. Maybe I should bring Teddy in next week to see if they can't get him tanked up! ubblol

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura