TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
Just wanted to share this...
This morning, my anti-war group at school, Students Against War (SAW) held a silent vigil to remember and mourn for all the people who have died in this war in Iraq. We wore black, and stood in a circle in the back of my school where people get dropped off. We had signs that said "How many more", and 2 benches covered by an American and an Iraqi flag to represent coffins. It was pouring rain, which actually felt very right for the situation, because we were all just standing there still and silent. we had a fairly good turnout, and it also showed our support becaus we did it anyways even though it was kind of miserable out.

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
"kind of miserable"????!!!!!! it was very miserable, at least for the other people who didnt have umbrelas, i think the rain really added something to it, symbolic tears or something, it just reinforced the misery of it all frown

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
You were one of the people with umbrellas! tongue

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
well done, I hope your vigil was prosperous and made some good of the situation. If more people were like you guys the world would be a better place hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
Good for you,as long as there are people like you guys out there,the tide will turn....... grouphug(and i get to use these cool graemlins......)