Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Anxiety and Depression:

Does it really get better

or

Do you just learn to pretend everything is ok when it's not.

Ok I posted this question in either/or but I feel like it needs serious discussion right now. As you may or may not know I suffer from anxiety and depression as does my girlfriend. Since about Febuary I have been going in an up and down cycle of depression and anxiety with only brief days when i feel good. Those cycles are getting longer with less and less good days. I'm begining to think that I'll never get better. That I'll always be this way. That all you can really do is pretend every thing is ok, whether it is or not.

What do you think?

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
it's true i tells ya! hug ubblove sunny

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
Pete hun, you have something very special to offer the world... YOU! You are that special thing. There is no one else that is you on this planet and god knows we need kind gentle people like you in the madness that is this world.

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:
Let's start a Pete-Appreciation group! bounce ubblol

Hoppers are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.

polaritySILVER Member
veteran
1,228 posts

Posted:
You mean there isn't one already eek

It's time for some of this:

Non-Https Image Link

biggrin

You aren't thinking or really existing unless you're willing to risk even your own sanity in the judgment of your existence.

Green peppers, lime pickle and whole-grain mustard = best sandwich filling.

jo_rhymesSILVER Member
Momma Bear
4,525 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Once again, thanks guys. Its usually me forgetting to get the repeat of the meds (cos I is a bit silly).
Still, I had a good night last night...

Thank you skully, I never gets to see you guys enough smile

And same to you Jo! hug

And same to you Mr Duncan! smile

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

BynjaimynSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
I know what you're going through. It took me 3 years on meds with counseling to get over my need for the meds to control my anxiety and depression. I still have bouts with it, but it's not as severe as it once was (i was not able to function for most of the day.)

Hang in there, and know that you are loved! you CAN do this, and don't ever forget that for every bad time you have, a great one is on the horizon!!!

A classical vocalist, aspiring to be an opera singer after college. Love to read, watch tv and movies, hang out with friends, and of course I love to spin fire poi.

My spinning stage name is Pann, and this refers to the Greek God as well as Peter Pan.

Page: ...