KiwiBexmember
69 posts

Posted:
This morning my taonga (greenstone necklace) snapped. There must have been a crack in it and it broke in my hand. I am totally gutted! My mum gave it to me for my 21st and its really precious to me.
My brother just got his last night (mum gave him one for his birthday) and I feel a bit spooked by the fact that he got his and then mine broke. It obviously means something that as far as I can tell it broke by itself.
What I want to know is, what does it mean that it snapped and should I get it fixed and re-blessed (and if I do, does anyone know of someone in London who could do that for me?)
Any thoughts?? confused2 ubbcrying

I said perhaps, and thats FINAL.

I love my length!

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Yea iv had that happen before, it was REALLY freaky. ( I touched my auntie's hand and it just snaped at the back and fell on the ground!! eek ) Technically your not ment to wear it anymore and throw it back in the river BUT seeing as your in london well umm best save it till u get back to the home land. (and thats not true for everyone *the river part*)

I have changed Pounamu before, after they have broken, but i am a carver and do have special equipment. Maybee you could find someone decent over there who could round off/ change the bigger piece and make the smaller piece the "toggle" (thats the bit that holds the string.) or if thats to hard you could cut it into small piece's for a bracelet.

Just keep it in a safe place till you know what you wanna do. Personally i would keep it, being Maori, in breaking it may just have saved your life/ spiratual life force (mauri) which is its job. cool
EDITED_BY: Taniwha7 (1083058456)

KiwiBexmember
69 posts

Posted:
Thanks Taniwha wave
Im definately not gonna throw it in the Thames!! rolleyes
I think I carry it in my pocket for a bit till I get used to the idea.. frown

I said perhaps, and thats FINAL.

I love my length!

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
gonna fire up and explanation bout your necklace I remember it from the kenting it was pretty
i never did ask about it i remember you saying bout yer ma givin it you tho...

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Oh no! hug ubbcrying

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Quote:

( I touched my auntie's hand and it just snaped at the back and fell on the ground!! eek )

You touched your Aunties hand and it fell on the ground?

Is there a history of leprosy in the family at all?

eek

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Not that funny concidering pounamu is stronger than steel.

[image]https://rangiatea.natlib.govt.nz/TeMLgeB.html[/image]

Pounamu Mere

mad2 censored
EDITED_BY: Taniwha7 (1083117111)