Forums > Social Discussion > New Poll -Are you the eldest child in your family?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
OnionGOLD Member
30 posts

Posted:
Yay for Rouge and me! Only children! I'm the nerdy academic sort, with very little artístic flair. I like sports too, and I have to be active and doing something or i go insane.

But has anyone actually considered that maybe its not being a younger child that makes you do juggling/poi, but that if you do juggling/poi, you become a younger child? meditate

No, wait, scrap that, it makes no sense. ubbloco ubblol

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
I'm the oldest and more outgoing than my sister. We are pretty similar though - she's just a little shyer and a lot more sensible than me!! Funny because my parents were stricter with me than with her... smile

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Nope, doesn't work for my family.
My eldest sister (12 years older) is the one who could care less about anything. She is really crafty and creative with her hands but too outspoken and outgoing to actually focus on anything.

My other sister (the middle one, at 10 years older) is beyond conservative to the point that she can't think outside the box, let alone step outside it.

And then there is me...outgoing and focussed. Perhaps the best of both worlds?

It doesn't work for Whipping Boy either. He is the eldest by 3 years and his brother is **very** shy and conservative while he is sometimes too outspoken.

Two strikes here as well.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Accutally it's very strange as well cause im the oldest one in my family and all of them are just normal people .

Apprently im the most outspoken , creative unusal etc .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Parents often seem to have a 'thats nice dear' attitude towards the older kids cos they think they're old enough to look after themselfs and the younger ones need more care and attention resulting in the youngest being most spoilt and dependant on parents and the eldest being most indepenfant and free thinking,

pretty much my situation only add squashed and smothered and gasping to be free to the younger child list and you got me!

My dad vents about me reading "crude websites" i.e. HoP cos people swear! omg!

whereas my brothers been a dope addict for.... 4 years now and the most he got was "stop doing the drugs" as an aside whisper from me mam

wheres the justice!

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I'm the middle child...

I think we're all quite creative, my younger brother is more like my dad than I like to admit and my sister and I are quite like our mum, though I wouldn't admit to that either, as much as I love her.

I don't think the theory works for creativity, we're all pretty creative.. Plus, how do you scale creativeness?

I think we're even, we just express our creativity (if you can call it that) in different ways like everyone.... hmm....

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Quote:

confusedhmm, really I think these theories are to general to be put to use but they provoke thought and can bring about interesting discussions ubbrollsmile

I think that happens for every theory, there will always be oddballs.

I think maybe the only theory that works to a big degree would be something along the lines of everyone's unique and so allocating a theory to a population is stupid.

Maybe??

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Page: