Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > 25th April Clapham Common, London, UK (happy NYC?)

Login/Join to Participate

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
The weather is lovely this weekend, was scorching hot in london today. Anyone fancy joining me on clapham common on sunday for a spin? I'll be there at about 3, and linger for an hour or 2 seeing who turns up. If we have a load i'll stay till it goes dark. smile

I kow there's a synergy on tonight, so what not a more relaxing way to come down? ubbidea

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
The weather in London today was absolutely fantastic, I'm all up for a sit on the Common tomorrow. I shall definately have to bring along my suncream along if it's like today again.

If anyone doesn'tknow where Clapham Common is, heres a link . We meet by the bandstand. On the tube, you'll want to head for Clapham Common station. There are various busses, and Clapham Junction mainline station isn't that far away.

If there's anyone who sees this and still isn't sure I can be contacted on abi.johnson@lshtm.ac.uk until midday tomorrow, afterwards you can ring me on 07734 052878.

Hopefully see you all tomorrow.

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Hey?! Why are you putting NYC in the title if the event is not in New York City? That's very misleading. Flid should be taxed and then banned.

ubbangel

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
The weather is stunning once again, the sky is blue and the predicted top temp is 21C.

Clapham looks like it's gunna be nice, hopefully someone else will show up smile

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
im gonna go smile smile smile smile smile smile ) smile

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
assumption is a dangerous thing.

NYC in this case stands for No Yankee Comments.
it was added to the title to prevent loud, unwanted outbursts of self-import rhetoric relating to locations in events thread titles.

i guess it didn't work...

wink tongue

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
twas a lovely day, with a warm sunny evening. 5 of us showed up, we had wine, a rug, some toys, was a nice way to start the season off smile

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Heh... I don't think of myself as a Yankee. I don't think any American would. Yankees are a baseball team. I wish I was a Yankee. Then I'd make lots more money than Coleman. biggrin

Hey I'm done being the EPG cop. I did it three times and I'm done. Post whatever you want. If I'm the only one who's bothered by it then I've no right to whine. meditate

As for Clapham... I can't wait to chill with the cool kids. Maybe this summer I'll learn a hyperloop or three.

Hope to see you kids soon. ubblove

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i did think of this when i made the post, but then thought you'd be more annoyed if i used your real name tongue

i do agree with the whole putting country codes in post titles. There's many boards where country specific threads just have no interest at all to other people, like about products only available in the us. So i agree with the principal smile

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
The whole location in thread title will be sorted soon.

Quote:

Maybe this summer I'll learn a hyperloop or three.

Actually a hyperloop is a single move, of the airwrap family, so you can only learn one hyperloop. wink

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
actually Dom, there are infinite variations on the basic hyperloop tongue
(even if you're sticking to strictly to Drew's definition there are at least four)

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Yes, but that's variations which is different.....
Ack! Who cares anyway!

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Doesn't reallly matter since I'm tangle incompetant anyway.

But my isolations have progressed from non-existant to poor... which is nice.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]