Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
in the past few days i have indulged myself in some fine kiwi green i found myself doing infinitly cool shit, and isn't the 5 beat weave just rocking of course theres more but to divulge, but would it b. i must also point out that 10 days without poi can really give the words 'absence makes the heart grow stronger' some sence finaly

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I have learned some of my best stuff while playing with my practice poi on...uh...various parallel planes.

Basically, I've found that you're so relaxed that you just accidentally pop a new move that you've been trying to nail and that basically convinces you that you can do it, and generally the next day I get it while sober.

The one bit of advice I will give you is NEVER EVER EVER use fire while altered. Fire does not forgive you your mistakes.

Peace.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Yeh, fire has to be respected at all times, as a focre of nature it can punish mankind in any way it pleases, but the careful relationship between our manipulation of fire and our creativity with that manipulation is all important.

I have fire staffed in all sorts of different states of mind but I find nowadays that I prefer to be sober and to let my surroundings inspire the difference.

Just last night I was fire staffing at these neolithic stone formations (dolmens) nearby and I felt like I drew a sense of energy just knowing that underneath and around me lay the bodies of this tribe 10000 years ago and here still remained the reilcs of their society. I performed better than usual and even managed to develop a move I hadn't done before. Result!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Pyro,

I just had a thought. I would give a spare testicle (if I had a spare ) to spin fire just once in the middle of Stonehenge.

Peace.

[ 30 April 2002, 14:25: Message edited by: MikeGinny ]

-Mike

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
you dont need to mike, just go on the solstice... thousands of firespinners. I've been scince they reopened it, every year it well worth the trek

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
btw: pyrophile, you ever heard of morphic resonance theory, its to do with racial memory. I think you might find it quite interesting..

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Jeebus! did you just say .. thousands of twirlers? wow sick sooo gotta backpack....
as for the 'morphic resonance theory' thanks for mentioning it spiral! me has to read up on it! Hoffman taught you well! could it be described as other memory - the voices of the horde? (how can you know?? only one male, the Lisan Al-Gaib, could ever be a Bene Gesserit!)

With other memory, I can remember where i put that dang tv remote...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ooohhhhhh, maaaaaan, Sprial!

You shouldn't have told me that! Now it's going to eat at me that it can be done...but I can't afford it...I can't afford it!

Some day....

I have a friend who I am currently teaching to spin and he's going to be in the UK on the solstice. Lucky SOB... Although he's not nearly ready to spin fire yet...

Peace.

-Mike