Forums > Social Chat > Audience participation

Login/Join to Participate

staff_dudemember
1 post

Posted:
Hi there just contemplating doing a bit of busking / performing and was wondering if any one had any suggestions for Audience participation. I use fire staff (both double and single) Glow staff (both double and single) and just started using poi (fire and glow). Any tips or suggestions would be great. Thanks.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Just some advice... Don't burn them... spray fuel on them... always wipe front to back... And don't forget to put a hat down, that's a mistake I'll never forget about...

[ 29 April 2002, 15:28: Message edited by: Arsn ]

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
I hesitate to suggest this, because I'm not sure how it would work in a busking situation, but in a more controlled environment, it can be fun to take wide-eyed civilians and reach around them doing a butterfly (with them facing forward, not facing you).

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
quote:
it can be fun to take wide-eyed civilians and reach around them doing a butterfly
I tried this with my white uv reactive comets at headcharge, a night club. It prooved very popular. wouldn't like to do it with anything else though....

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Did that butterfly thing once. Afterwards the 'victim' stood there muttering "Oh my god" for about 5 minutes

Purple_Hazemember
6 posts

Posted:
mmmmmm headcharge not been to 1 of them in a while now

Smoker live and smokers die,but in the end we all get high,so if in life u dont suceed,say F*ck it all and Smoke some WEED!!!!!

adren@linemember
249 posts

Posted:
someone introduced me to that today, except with the chase instead of butterfly. it works wiith normal poi, but i dont know about fire...

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
If your sparks land in your fuel source, try not to panic and punt it towards the crowd. (note: didn't find this out through personal experience, my juggling friends saw it happen at a big gathering once)

And tha butterfly thing would be nifty, now who shall be my victum...hmmmmm

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
I'd laugh my f*cking ass off to see someone do that butterfly trick and accidently pop some poor guy in the nuts.

Jesus helps me trick people.