• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

pol poit

Total posts: 1
Posted:recently while spinning some serious poi, i actually took off from the ground and flew for 3 1/2 metres for about 11.5 seconds, covering a distance of roughly 72.8 cm.

i would be really interested to know if anyone else has experienced this, what i call, flying poi...

Delete Topic

DeepSoulSheep
GOLD Member since Sep 2002

DeepSoulSheep

Carpal \'Tunnel

Total posts: 2617
Posted:What poi were you using?

I've not experienced this before.

Perhaps if you were doing a really fast corkscrew with converted helicopter propellor poi?

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Delete

TheSilverShadow
BRONZE Member since Aug 2003

TheSilverShadow

Uncle Chop Chop

Total posts: 213
Posted:Quote:
i actually took off from the ground and flew for 3 1/2 metres for about 11.5 seconds, covering a distance of roughly 72.8 cm

eek

I'm afraid i've never experienced this sounds fun though, hovering about powered by some poi.

hmmmm..... ubbidea

"Do you know what the Phantom is??"
--------------

Delete

originalsmit
SILVER Member since Aug 2003

originalsmit

addict

Total posts: 469
i actually took off from the ground and flew for 3 1/2 metres for about 11.5 seconds, covering a distance of roughly 72.8 cm

?????????????????? confusedconfusedconfusedconfused?????????????????

11.5 seconds??
flew for 3 1/2 meters covering 72.8 cm well which is it. and 11.5 seconds.

acceleration due to gravity is 9.8 Msec/sec and 11.5 seconds is a long time in physics.

i have ofund when 'really' going for it fast with music and really really heavy poi you can generate forces on the chain that do pull you around a hell of a lot and you can use these forces to do some good jumps/ flings etc. biggrin
i have also found some poi moves to lift me of the ground a little but am sure that this is due to the amount of force used while changing planes and more down to me than the poi. im really interested to know more about the 'poilicopter'

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

Delete

coleman
SILVER Member since Aug 2002

coleman

big and good and broken

Total posts: 7330
Posted:i'd be more interested in removing pol poit's mask and seeing who this flying monster really is...

"...and i'd have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids..."

juggle

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Delete

tenticle

tenticle

enthusiast

Total posts: 275
recently while spinning some serious poi, i actually took off from the ground and flew for 3 1/2 metres for about 11.5 seconds, covering a distance of roughly 72.8 cm.

i would be really interested to know if anyone else has experienced this, what i call, flying poi...

Ha, i tend to get the opposite effect and screw myself into the ground. it's why i don't spin in my bedroom any more.

--ben

Delete

tiamat_22580

tiamat_22580

I will kill all mods

Total posts: 210
Posted:is this guy taking something that makes him think he can fly?

Delete

gsv-sleeper-service

gsv-sleeper-service

Total posts: 62
Posted:i have just learnt a three beat weave woot weavesmiley !!!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

Delete

NYC

NYC

NYC

Total posts: 9232
Posted:This happens to me all the time actually. When I lie.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Delete

funken
SILVER Member since Feb 2004

funken

journeyman

Total posts: 92
Posted:LSD eek

Delete