pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
so at 4am last night, someone tried to break into my apartment. i heard the alarm go off and the front door click shut. thankfully nothing was broken or taken, but it shook me up. so i'm super tired today. it's a little hard to go back to sleep after that frown

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

psycho44BRONZE Member
56 posts

Posted:
you are lucky that everything is ok. once i woke up and there was a man in my house i opened my eyes and he was standing right there i didn't want him to know i was awake because i was afraid of what he would do. so i waited for him to leave before i would even get up luckily nobody was hurt. although he took my vcr that wasn't too bad, but at least he could have taken my alice in wonderland movie out first.

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
Yikes! hug hug hug

Glad to hear you're ok....I'd bve pretty shaken up, as well.

Hang in there!

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Have lots of huggles and snuggles! Take a laptop and put it near the door and I'll look out for you!

grouphug

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
HO my god arnt peple just crap!!!!

grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug grouphug

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

the screeming flaming dudeYes, as a matter of fact, i do use fire poi. Why do you ask?
104 posts

Posted:
someone stole my bike

that suks

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
--------------------------------------------------------
HEY, I COULD SPIN THAT!

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
hug not good pounce

be careful out there

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hug hug hug hug hug hug

ShawnieGOLD Member
Captain Shawnie the Dreaded
126 posts

Posted:
Wow, that's scary stuff! Glad that you are alright!
hug hug hug hug hug

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Pounce... angelblue I hope this little guy can some how protect you and you lil home...

Now I know this is offtopic but, does anybody else think all these hugging graemlins look like christmas lights???

now back to the issue at hand... hug

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
you could have attacked the intruder with your poi...umm

anyway sending much ubblove & hug in your direction. glad nothing was stolen and youre safe.

take care. hug

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
I sympathise fully with you. I remember a night in another house I was living in there was me and two of my friends sitting quietly in the lounge room when I heard someone trying to break into one of the bedrooms.

I called the cops and they told me it wasn't life threatening and it would take anhour to disperse someone to the house.

To top that off when I went to go look (one of my chef knives in one hand and half a cue in the other) the male friend (who was bigger than me) was cowering behind my back!

rolleyes

Big help he was.

Thankfully the person got scared off but I was well and truly scared and moved out of that house about a month later.

hug

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
hugs for pounce!!!!!!!!

hug hug2 hug hug2hug hug2hug hug2hug hug2hug hug2

cos i think you need them, gorgeous!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Being a good fire girl, I keep a can of anti-perspirant & a lighter by the bed to ward off intruders. And a stanley knife in the lounge room. And lots of sharp pointy things in the kitchen. And a chef's blowtorch in the kitchen too (ask brainstorma, that one really hurts!!! eek)

hug Very scary experience. Take care kiddo.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
ok. remind me never to break into your house. Not that i'd do any of that nasty breaking in stuff. thats just mean. Go the inflammable defence systems!!

Oh, and when the cops say that they'll be an hour, you ring back in about thirty seconds, and say not to worry, cos the intruder is dead/running around on fire. That usually gets them there quickly.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Being a good fire girl, I keep a can of anti-perspirant & a lighter by the bed to ward off intruders. And a stanley knife in the lounge room. And lots of sharp pointy things in the kitchen. And a chef's blowtorch in the kitchen too

i have two swords down eth back f my bed, a knife under my pillow, combat training sowrds, and stix by my bed, a VERY sharp ceramic, and matal set of baldes downstair taht i can get at, a seirs of otehr weapons dotted round, i get very scared and stressed while walking my house alone, and yet i have never been broken into!

lady p, hope you is ok, if you need me you know were i am!

grouphug meditate

try some meditaion, or group meditaion sweetie?

lots of snugglez!

Step (el-nombrie)

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
hug hug2
Ahh honey. You are quite lucky for it not turning out worse... Try taking some sleeping pills to get a good nights rest. Then hopefully things would be better when you are not as tired

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
thank you everyone for your warm thoughts and hugs smile

i'm quite thankful things turned out ok. a bunch of my friends out here offered to set up a patrol and sit in my living room with bats while i slept ubblol thank goddess for wonderful people. i feel truly blessed to have all of you in my lives and to know i am cared about smile

i've considered keeping weapons near my bed before, but i don't feel comfortable doing that. i've taken A LOT of self-defense classes, so i know i am able to defend myself without a weapon. plus i never know if a weapon i intend on using might end up in the hands of my attacker. not fun. but i do keep my cell phone right next to my bed in case i need to get to it quickly.

it's good to know i have friends looking out for me. i think that thought alone helped me sleep last night. amazingly enough i slept soundly the entire night....even didn't hear the phone ring at one point. i can't take sleeping pills anymore after my fiasco the last time i tried that, so i'm glad i was able to sleep through the night. i quadruple checked the locks though before going to bed! ubblol

but honestly, thanks again. it's wonderful knowing i have such great people like you thinking of me smile hug to you all

oh and yes arsn, the group hug does kinda look like christmas lights ubblol

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Gnor's BillSILVER Member
26 posts

Posted:
Bad news Pounce. I sympathise. I had similar bad experience a few weeks back. I worry about armed home invaders not just for me and Gnor but also for the kids.

Heres hoping you never experience that again.
Hugs,
Bill...

If found wandering please return to Gnor.

the screeming flaming dudeYes, as a matter of fact, i do use fire poi. Why do you ask?
104 posts

Posted:
fire poi for self defense....
hmmm...

hug
hug hug
hug hug hug
hug hug hug hug
hug hug hug hug hug

they kinda do look like x-mas lights

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
--------------------------------------------------------
HEY, I COULD SPIN THAT!

MedusaSILVER Member
veteran
1,433 posts

Posted:
Just thought you might like to be made aware that it is NOT a good idea to keep many sharp things lying around the house to use "just in case".

And the reason for this....simple if they are accessible for you they are accessible to the person intruding in your house...the last thing you want is for an intruder to turn one of the many objects you have around the house into something to use against you.

I used to keep a block of chef's knives on my kitchen bench...big no no...they are easily accessed by both me and anyone else in my house.

Take real care when you go hiding weapons around your house please!!!!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
i agree wif medusa - escalation is unwise.

if the intruder's intent is a robbery, they'll likely have no desire for a struggle.

Do not presume for a second that possessions could possibly be worth the harm to yoo beautiful people! escalation would be such a gamble.

Those that cherish you would be in such pain, would you prevent that, if given the choice? There is courage too, in non-violence.

It is damaging to live in fear, so although we can prepare for bad stuff, we should not live to expect it!

also, the empty hand is a formidable weapon, capable of many a wedgie. ubblol

live in love. ubbangel
EDITED_BY: bender™ (1082680118)

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ubblol

yes i agree. i don't do the weapon thing. i'm a defensive fighter, not an offensive fighter.

**giggles**

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Thanks Medusa. I know what you are saying.

All the things listed have got other purposes. The anti-perspirant on my bedside table, well you can guess what that is for. The lighter is cos I am a firespinner, & I have heaps of them laying about, specially to light the candles by my bed. The stanley knife lives in a toolbox in the lounge at the moment, cos I have been doing some art work that required cutting of stuff. The sharp pointy things in the kitchen are the usual sharp pointy thing in the kitchen (skewers, kitched knives, etc), and live in drawers. And the chef's blowtorch, well, its a kitchen gadget I acquired about 6 months ago and have barely ever used.

All my sharp pointy just in case things have proper hidey homes. And are really only listed, because it provides some late night reassurance to me. But the most reassuring thing is my mobile phone which sits beside my pillow recharging every night.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear about your house trying to get broke into. Glad you are ok hug

Stands guard at Pounce's door with her Shutzhund trained German Shepherd at her side and her trusty gun in hand
Don't worry we will protect you and your property wink

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.