Forums > Social Chat > You might be a fire spinner if...

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, it had to be done, so I am doing it.

YOU MIGHT BE A FIRE SPINNER IF:

*You have set fire to your clothes more than three times in your life.

*(Men only) you have hit yourself hard in the nads at least five times in one day.

*You are no longer bothered by the puzzled look on the cashier's face as she rings you up for three cans of white gas and a pack of bic lighters.

*You always have a lighter on you, even though you don't smoke.

*Your idea of a good time is to spend a night making strangers stop and stare at you.

Any others?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Laughing at Db , I thought i was the only one did that !. Im alway's doing poi moves and shakeing my grove thing on the dance floor at the same time .

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
When you start to get turned on by the smell of paraffin! using it as an aphrodisiac.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
When you see someone walking a pair of dogs and wonder if the leads will hold out when you spin them. ruff ruff weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

benjyBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
-when you try the overhead 5 beat weave you knocked yourself pinkeye.
-trying the 5beat . and brused youre nose after is was broken from falling. thats NOT funny.

-you dont have to pay anymore at partys to get in.

-when they ask you to swing at a party you start swinging at 3 am and then hate the sun for rising.

-you tell yourself when you go to a party ,thistime i am going to dance...
and end up swinging for like 10 hours straight

-both of the chains wrapped around your arms doing the butterfly. especially when youve been swinging fire for hours and the chains are getting to turn red from the heat.

an last but not least. tip for show.

you do the one hand butterfly so casually you can flick your fingers like the fonz and a girl comes and kisses you (still swingin fcourse)

Think for yourself Question authority

BlackFireJackmember
167 posts

Posted:
-When you steal tennis-balls from your dog to make poi's

-When you juggle tools at work....I usually take a couple of swings with my hammer before I hit the nail

-When you check your threads for replies while visiting friends

-When you live up north in summer-time and is pissed of because it's still light when you're going to bed........(havent spunn for 3 months)

-when you still spinn with a big smile and everyone else is giving you strange looks and thinking "he's still spinnig those stupid balls???"...

I like Fire.. :)

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
When u knw how long the prefect light is to spin fire.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
- When you don't care if it is light or dark to spin because you realize that the smoke trails from fire look really cool during the day, and that all you want to do is hear the rush of fire anyway. (hint, hint )

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

MaddmouserGOLD Member
Pyromancer
183 posts

Posted:
*You have to explain to everyone on base that the people with glowsticks copy us not the other way around.

*You have to explain to eveyone on base that the Idea is to practice until your good enough to spin with the Poi on Fire, and not hit yourself.

*you have to explain to every one on base that you dont light the Poi with ribbons on fire they are for practice.

*You have ever had to say Poi then Im doing Poi and then spell out P.O.I. to answer someones questions.

*If you have a sence of lose and longing when you let some one new play with your Poi. Its like watching your kids leave home.

*Famous last words "I use to do this at partys/raves/clubs" soon to be followed by "can I try those I use to be pretty good" witch is quickly followed buy growning from a shot in the nuts.

( Did I tell you I live on a base, and everyone one on it use to spin glow sticks, and almost half of them have hit themsalfs in the nuts with my poi. The One female who tried them was a pacific Ilander and she showed me up, that was the coolest thing ever )

It is not the mistakes that matter, only what is learned.

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
- when you carry two lighters so when parrafin drips on one you can still light up.

- and a bag of boxes of matches too

- you remember the last version of this thread and still tell people about it to try to make them understand that im not the only one...

- when you dont shower straight after doing fire even tho it is a good idea

- you know the % plastic / cotton in each item of clothing you own

-you have killed more than your fair share of moths by accident

-you get pissed off when all your search results come up with "poi dog pondering" as someone took the holy name in vain

- you spend lots of time running your hands through your hair to get the crispy bits out.

- your happy to go traveling accross 3 international borders and 17hrs on a bus to meet 3 people in a park to spin with them for a few hours.

- all your socks are now a size to big as your weights were too heavy and they got a little streached

- when you have fire poi swinging past your ears and you just smile and die with happiness

- when you repeatedly make hopeless attempts to animate poi on 3D modeling programs even tho you have no clue

- Fire still facinates you.

- when you show your scars off with pride ,:-)

- when you can name the move someone is doing in any pic that you care to look at

- when you write this when really you should be doing SERIOUS last min cramming for the major maths exam you have tomorrow that you dont know a thing about.

- when you manage to get your mates into poi

- when you could type in this post for hours on end

- when you write scripts to work out the forces on your poi and why they keep injuring you

- when you buy a mobile with a hard case and a string attached so you can swing it
- and when more than half the numbers have poi at the end of the names

- when the people in the chippy on way home from the poi meet recognise you as the guy who comes in on wed smelling of parafin with big black marks and a long brown bag stuck between his overflowing rucksack and back and still look at you strange even if you are looking normal.

- when you talk to chemists who make colours for fireworks and they cany answer you questions but have interesting ideas

- when you look at how you can attach fire to and burn normal household things eg bikes bathtubs taps rolerskates.

- you look everywhere you go for new ideas for toys or things to light up.

- you get worried about the length of this post

- you realise you have been on the post (reading and writing for 2 hrs now)

- you have photos of you doing poi framed

- you use poi pics as birthday cards

- you often visit local printers to price printing A0 poi posters even tho you have no chance of affording it (but we can dream)

- you get blisters on your fingers from lengthy poi sessions

- you dont need to go to the gym

- when listining to your personal sterio you do poi movements with your hands

- when you are cycling along you sit back and do poi movements with your hands

- you are stupid enough to try fire poi while riding a bike

- when you dont really fancy typing all this out so will back up before i post just incase:)

- when you like apple macs as well so dream of iPoi the new apple beaming poi in white and apple's that light up

- youre happy that the 1st thing that comes up when you press 764 when texting is the word you want.

- you are that sick that you wonder if your eyes ever fell out then by jumping up and down in a certan way would you be able to do the butterfly?

- when any chance of poi you wear long sleeves so you can do wraps

- when peforming very almost naked you be much more careful

- you get into dicsussions with people about fire trying to give a good reason for asking so they actually answer questions

- spend hours trying to find a good time to nick some salts from chemistry lab time to take home to try differebt colours.

- look at places to live based of their viability to have poi meets

- you get your girlfriend into poi and seeing her do it

- staying on home of poi even though you have really important things to be doing

- you go to see films just becouse of potential poi content.

- you can do more chain whip than your martial arts friend

- you can talk martial arts even tho you know nothing about it and can still swap ideas with people who have been doing for years.

- when you know it is cruel but doing poi just yo steal another peoples attention from someone else

- you enjoy teaching people poi and seeing them learn

- when you feel indebted to a guy called malcolm for making a website.

- you jump for joy when 13 african drummers offer to play for you if you do some fire

- you do poi before exams to relax

- when you can look at a spot and name 5 fire hazzards (not including yourself)

- the hachzem code becomes interesting

- when you see peoples face when they realise what you mean by fire swinging.

- when you realise you are hogging everyones elses posts and decideds to let other people post some more before i start again....

- when you see another peformer and run to them to get to swap moves

.... ok 3hrs later and il stop

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

AjtagThe occasional one...
445 posts

Posted:
oh 1 more
when you keep the blue gel things in the freezer t help cool burns

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont.
Enjoy - A

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
when lunch-break becomes poi-break

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
-When you book a professional photographer months in advance so that you can make sure you have her booked to take good fire promo photo's

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
- you SPIN FIRE!!!!

oh god, i have to stop studying, it messes around with the brain...

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

Matthew_NeSILVER Member
Northeast USA Firespinner
122 posts

Posted:
- When you find yourself twiddling with the strings on your hoodie when you're at school

- when you are constantly thinking of spinning, new moves that you can learn, and whether you will be able to do those moves backwards also

- When you have a site dedicated to thing you that you love to do the most as your default homepage

- When you get good ideas from this thread

- When you rearrange your dorm room for maximum space for spinning

- When you spend hard-earned cash on white gas and chain parts

- When you "recruit" friends to hold the towel for you while you spin, and they end up spinning your glowsticks while you singe yourself countless times

- When you get someone lighting themselves on fire, on tape, and refuse to stop taping because "It looks good"

- When you don't need to worry about arm hair singing off anymore, because you haven't got any to singe

And last, but not least..

- When you will travel anywhere, at the drop of a hat, for a good burn

Fire Monkeymember
176 posts

Posted:
-When you wake up drunk and shout its all about the poi to friends.(i've done this)

-When you can't sleep because you get disoriantated by your hands sprinning round in your dreams!

Every ones a monkey!
Yes even you!

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
When you have churned up the lawn to the unamusement of my mother who cant exactly do the garden cos she has a heart problem...

Ur fingernails always have black burnt stuff under them for god knows what reason...

and u find some black patch on u always after spinning.... the mark of the fire spinner.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
- When you walk down the street and everyone looks at you wierdly, then you realise you're spinning whatever's in your hands, or you're hands are just moving like you're spinning something.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
- When for your christmas present your dad buys you 20 litres of Paraffin i love my dad. One of the best presents i got

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
when you can relate to over 90% of the replys

when you ask your friend if you can move furniture in their living room so you can have space to twirl

when you ACCIDENTLY hit a guest at your work with one of the sets of keys that flew of while you were twirling

when youve met pozee from HOP and hes become one of your closest friends

when you're worried about walking through a bad part of town with your glowsticks till you realize if anyone starts some shyt you can look like a ninja in the time it takes you to crack your sticks on the ground

when you dont mind the occasional burn of a neck wrap cause DAMN you shoulda seen your audiences faces when you did it

when you've been up 24 hours and happened apon this thread, read every post and still had something to add

when you've twirled at the beach and couldnt hear the cop telling on his loud speaker to, "EXTINGUISH THE FIRE" cause the roar of your fire poi was so loud

-Myst

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
When you know someone's real name on hop...

Hi Eric!!! long time no post?

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
IM SKURD!!!

you may be a fire twirler if people know who you are but you have no clue who they are.

Myst

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

gretelmember
47 posts

Posted:
*ur front/backyard has burn marks all over it from playing with fire to regularly
*at work u pick up the pool cues every two secomds to get a spin in
* at work u carry two tea towels to practise poi moves
* u cant leave the house without first having a spin (ok, my staff lives on my door step )

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
hahahah, gretel, mine too!!! XDDD

* when after one of those spins you have to make before going out you break a porcellain thingy on the wall... and still spin inside (bad idea, boys and girls... )

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
When ur local really likes you cos u drawn in some people by spinning fire outside... (did that yesterday)

When your paraffin leaks in your bag on your overnight wear and next day wear... and your knickers/thong/boxers/gstring get soaked and you cant wear them and have to go commando. lol
That happened 2day. Not good.

manu t.i.h.t.member
16 posts

Posted:
when you actually pray to be send to hell after this life, because there is where they get to play with fire

-Pinky do you ponder what I ponder???-Yes Brain, if you start my name with an O it is spelled Oinky

benjyBRONZE Member
29 posts

Posted:
- if you have taken acid. and swinging and both (normal no fire)pois get strangelled into eachother and on both pois eyes pop out and the start talking to you like this: ebebebebebebveshebebebeshehshehehehehehe

threw them away
but now i can say. ej i can talk to the pois.

Think for yourself Question authority

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
When u convince your art teacher that there is an art project behind poi! YEY! Gunna get interesting.

Whereever you go you judge spaces for there spinnabilty... indoors or outdoors, likethe gap between tables in the art room... I tried today. lol

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
You've reconfigured your new keyboard so that it has a button that when pressed takes you atraight to
todays active topics menu on HOP.

and you press it at least 20 times a day.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
you spin fire...

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
When u try mastering a trick to light ur cigerette. lol

Page: ......