Your personal information you provide will be transfered and stored as encrypted data.
You have the ability to update and remove your personal information.
You consent to our cookies if you continue to use this website.
Allow cookies for
Necessary Cookies Necessary Cookies cannot be unchecked, because they are necessary for our website to function properly. They store your language, currency, shopping cart and login credentials.
Analytics Cookies We use google.com analytics and bing.com to monitor site usage and page statistics to help us improve our website. You may turn this on or off using the tick boxes above.
Marketing Cookies Marketing Cookies do track personal data. Google and Bing monitor your page views and purchases for use in advertising and re-marketing on other websites. You may turn this on or off using the tick boxes above.
Social Cookies These 3rd Party Cookies do track personal data. This allows Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest integration. eg. shows the Facebook 'LIKE' button. They will however be able to view what you do on our website. You may turn this on or off using the tick boxes above.
Posted: - When you don't care if it is light or dark to spin because you realize that the smoke trails from fire look really cool during the day, and that all you want to do is hear the rush of fire anyway. (hint, hint )
Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir "Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall "And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK
Posted: *You have to explain to everyone on base that the people with glowsticks copy us not the other way around.
*You have to explain to eveyone on base that the Idea is to practice until your good enough to spin with the Poi on Fire, and not hit yourself.
*you have to explain to every one on base that you dont light the Poi with ribbons on fire they are for practice.
*You have ever had to say Poi then Im doing Poi and then spell out P.O.I. to answer someones questions.
*If you have a sence of lose and longing when you let some one new play with your Poi. Its like watching your kids leave home.
*Famous last words "I use to do this at partys/raves/clubs" soon to be followed by "can I try those I use to be pretty good" witch is quickly followed buy growning from a shot in the nuts.
( Did I tell you I live on a base, and everyone one on it use to spin glow sticks, and almost half of them have hit themsalfs in the nuts with my poi. The One female who tried them was a pacific Ilander and she showed me up, that was the coolest thing ever )
It is not the mistakes that matter, only what is learned.
Posted: - when you carry two lighters so when parrafin drips on one you can still light up.
- and a bag of boxes of matches too
- you remember the last version of this thread and still tell people about it to try to make them understand that im not the only one...
- when you dont shower straight after doing fire even tho it is a good idea
- you know the % plastic / cotton in each item of clothing you own
-you have killed more than your fair share of moths by accident
-you get pissed off when all your search results come up with "poi dog pondering" as someone took the holy name in vain
- you spend lots of time running your hands through your hair to get the crispy bits out.
- your happy to go traveling accross 3 international borders and 17hrs on a bus to meet 3 people in a park to spin with them for a few hours.
- all your socks are now a size to big as your weights were too heavy and they got a little streached
- when you have fire poi swinging past your ears and you just smile and die with happiness
- when you repeatedly make hopeless attempts to animate poi on 3D modeling programs even tho you have no clue
- Fire still facinates you.
- when you show your scars off with pride ,:-)
- when you can name the move someone is doing in any pic that you care to look at
- when you write this when really you should be doing SERIOUS last min cramming for the major maths exam you have tomorrow that you dont know a thing about.
- when you manage to get your mates into poi
- when you could type in this post for hours on end
- when you write scripts to work out the forces on your poi and why they keep injuring you
- when you buy a mobile with a hard case and a string attached so you can swing it - and when more than half the numbers have poi at the end of the names
- when the people in the chippy on way home from the poi meet recognise you as the guy who comes in on wed smelling of parafin with big black marks and a long brown bag stuck between his overflowing rucksack and back and still look at you strange even if you are looking normal.
- when you talk to chemists who make colours for fireworks and they cany answer you questions but have interesting ideas
- when you look at how you can attach fire to and burn normal household things eg bikes bathtubs taps rolerskates.
- you look everywhere you go for new ideas for toys or things to light up.
- you get worried about the length of this post
- you realise you have been on the post (reading and writing for 2 hrs now)
- you have photos of you doing poi framed
- you use poi pics as birthday cards
- you often visit local printers to price printing A0 poi posters even tho you have no chance of affording it (but we can dream)
- you get blisters on your fingers from lengthy poi sessions
- you dont need to go to the gym
- when listining to your personal sterio you do poi movements with your hands
- when you are cycling along you sit back and do poi movements with your hands
- you are stupid enough to try fire poi while riding a bike
- when you dont really fancy typing all this out so will back up before i post just incase:)
- when you like apple macs as well so dream of iPoi the new apple beaming poi in white and apple's that light up
- youre happy that the 1st thing that comes up when you press 764 when texting is the word you want.
- you are that sick that you wonder if your eyes ever fell out then by jumping up and down in a certan way would you be able to do the butterfly?
- when any chance of poi you wear long sleeves so you can do wraps
- when peforming very almost naked you be much more careful
- you get into dicsussions with people about fire trying to give a good reason for asking so they actually answer questions
- spend hours trying to find a good time to nick some salts from chemistry lab time to take home to try differebt colours.
- look at places to live based of their viability to have poi meets
- you get your girlfriend into poi and seeing her do it
- staying on home of poi even though you have really important things to be doing
- you go to see films just becouse of potential poi content.
- you can do more chain whip than your martial arts friend
- you can talk martial arts even tho you know nothing about it and can still swap ideas with people who have been doing for years.
- when you know it is cruel but doing poi just yo steal another peoples attention from someone else
- you enjoy teaching people poi and seeing them learn
- when you feel indebted to a guy called malcolm for making a website.
- you jump for joy when 13 african drummers offer to play for you if you do some fire
- you do poi before exams to relax
- when you can look at a spot and name 5 fire hazzards (not including yourself)
- the hachzem code becomes interesting
- when you see peoples face when they realise what you mean by fire swinging.
- when you realise you are hogging everyones elses posts and decideds to let other people post some more before i start again....
- when you see another peformer and run to them to get to swap moves
.... ok 3hrs later and il stop
There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who dont. Enjoy - A
Posted: - When for your christmas present your dad buys you 20 litres of Paraffin i love my dad. One of the best presents i got
Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...
Mystaddict 439 posts Location: Oceanside, California, USA
Posted: when you can relate to over 90% of the replys
when you ask your friend if you can move furniture in their living room so you can have space to twirl
when you ACCIDENTLY hit a guest at your work with one of the sets of keys that flew of while you were twirling
when youve met pozee from HOP and hes become one of your closest friends
when you're worried about walking through a bad part of town with your glowsticks till you realize if anyone starts some shyt you can look like a ninja in the time it takes you to crack your sticks on the ground
when you dont mind the occasional burn of a neck wrap cause DAMN you shoulda seen your audiences faces when you did it
when you've been up 24 hours and happened apon this thread, read every post and still had something to add
when you've twirled at the beach and couldnt hear the cop telling on his loud speaker to, "EXTINGUISH THE FIRE" cause the roar of your fire poi was so loud
Posted: *ur front/backyard has burn marks all over it from playing with fire to regularly *at work u pick up the pool cues every two secomds to get a spin in * at work u carry two tea towels to practise poi moves * u cant leave the house without first having a spin (ok, my staff lives on my door step )
Posted: When ur local really likes you cos u drawn in some people by spinning fire outside... (did that yesterday)
When your paraffin leaks in your bag on your overnight wear and next day wear... and your knickers/thong/boxers/gstring get soaked and you cant wear them and have to go commando. lol That happened 2day. Not good.
Posted: - if you have taken acid. and swinging and both (normal no fire)pois get strangelled into eachother and on both pois eyes pop out and the start talking to you like this: ebebebebebebveshebebebeshehshehehehehehe
threw them away but now i can say. ej i can talk to the pois.