Forums > Social Chat > Its my party and Ill drink if I want to!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
...You would drink too if it happened to you.

The time has hit 12 o'clock and Im officially 21. As I type this with one hand, the other is pouring my first legal beer into my mouth. Freedom at last! bounce

Happy birthday to me!

Anyone wanna buy me a drink? smile

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

the screeming flaming dudeYes, as a matter of fact, i do use fire poi. Why do you ask?
104 posts

Posted:
I have six years before i can drink in the states frown
maybe i'll move to australia ubbidea

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
--------------------------------------------------------
HEY, I COULD SPIN THAT!

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Booze shops in germany serve you if you look 16 biggrin .......not that I ever did that....ever........

.......bad aimee

Happy birthday dude hug
EDITED_BY: x_aimee_x (1082667515)

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
To Germany I go!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Cheers! beerchug

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Booze shops in germany serve you if you look 16

Bah, Im 21 and still dont look 16. rolleyes

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
had a few drinks for you last night, buddy! beerchug

*stops reading this thread cos its making her ill*

no. rougie is not a teenie bit hungover right now....mmmmmm.... spank

damn.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Believe me, I had a few drinks of my own last night ubblol

Went to my first bar since it was friday. Somehow the word that it was my birthday got out and shots started piling up in front of me. There were brown ones, clear ones, flaming ones, and even ones that tasted of chocolate cake (first legal shot smile ). Needless to say, I left the bar hammered. One thing I was a bit upset about is I wanted one of those Green Faery Martinis someone suggested but apparently absynth is illegal here in the states. mad2

Ugh, gotta stop thinkin bout it, its makin me sick again ubbloco

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
umm, i think absinthe is illegal just about everywhere, except maybe amsterdam, but everything is legal there.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
absinthe is legal in Canada, you can buy it in Gov Liquor stores. Only rule is that you can only have one bottle of it in your posession. But at 80 bucks a bottle, that not really a problem anyway. I'm getting some for the next party I go to. gonna be a good time. It's made in the Czech Rebublic so it must be legal there to, and a lot of other eurpean counteries allow it, not just Holland. Sorry I forgot that absinthe was illegal in the states. I guess since its a Hallucinogen, it would be illegal in the states.

how about a Purple Pussy Pleaser:

1.5 oz Raspberry Sour Puss
1 oz Rasberry Vodka
1 oz Cranberry Juice
.5 oz Lime Juice
1/4 tsp Absinthe (optional, since it's not legal everywhere)

shake all ingreadents over ice, and pour into chilled martini glass. It will be purple because the red ingr. will mix with the red ingr. and make a cloudy purple colour. If using absinthe, let sit a moment. The sugars in the sour puss and cranberry jucies will react with the absinthe making the "clouds" swirl. Which in it's self is pretty trippy. But it's really good without the absinthe too.

I can post the two correct ways to prepare absinthe for drinking by it's self. If anyone wants to know. (It's NOT prepared prior to mixing for the 2 drinks I posted, in that last one it's prepared as the drink is mixed, and the first one, it's not prepared so it stays in a blob)

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

absinthe is legal in Canada, you can buy it in Gov Liquor stores. Only rule is that you can only have one bottle of it in your posession. But at 80 bucks a bottle, that not really a problem anyway. I'm getting some for the next party I go to. gonna be a good time. It's made in the Czech Rebublic so it must be legal there to, and a lot of other eurpean counteries allow it, not just Holland. Sorry I forgot that absinthe was illegal in the states. I guess since its a Hallucinogen, it would be illegal in the states.

You CAN??? eek

OHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOYOHBOY!!!!!!!!! ubbrollsmile biggrin ubbtickled bounce2 hehe sunny wow thankx heart cool

The feds don't care you HAVE it in the US. You just can't buy or sell it.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
heh I think i just made Lightnings day. biggrin

https://www.bcliquorstores.com/en/products/587204

thats the BC liquor store listing for the high proof kind sold in Canada Lightning. I'm not sure what province is above you so I just used my Prov. But yah as you see by that web page, it's completely legal here.

EDITED_BY: Kaji (1082879609)

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Can you get it in Ontario?

-Mike

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Actually, I was just doing some reading. You can only get absinthe in BC and even then, the only brand available has a low thujone content.

Shucks. frown

-Mike

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Ok Here's the prep.

Absinthe - The Traditional Way:

You'll Need:
- Chilled Tumbler Glass or better yet a funky chilled martini glass
- Drink Screen (I used the screen top off my martini shaker)
- 2 oz Absinthe (chilled)
- Ice water
- 1 large or 2 regular sugar cubes
- some lose sugar (for riming the glass)

Rim with glass sugar. Place screen over glass and put sugar cube(s) on top of screen. Slowly pour absinthe over sugar cube into the glass. Dissolve rest of sugar into glass by slowly pouring ice water over it. The Absinthe will turn from yellow-green to dark cloudy green and will swirl around in clouds. Watch and enjoy.

Absinthe - Flaming Sugar Way:

You'll Need:
- Chilled Tumbler Glass or better yet a funky chilled martini glass
- round spoon (a round soup spoon will work)
- 2 oz Absinthe (chilled)
- 1 oz Ice water
- 1 sugar cube
- some lose sugar (for riming the glass)
- Bic lighter

Rim with glass sugar. Then pour the absinthe into the glass. Now place the sugar cube on the spoon and dip into absinthe taking care not to drop sugar cube in water. Now quikly pour water into glass, stir. Then light the sugar cube and let it burn for a couple of seconds. Now pour burning sugar slowly into glass. It will change and swirl as above. It may also light on fire if alcohol content is still high enough. Put out, Enjoy.

ps I think the traditional way is better.

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Actually, I was just doing some reading. You can only get absinthe in BC and even then, the only brand available has a low thujone content.

Shucks. frown

well, the link I gave was to the high proof (70%) low thujone there is another brand availible from Green Tree (Czech) in BC that is high proof (70%) high thujone. It just became availible, and it's always in stock because people mistake higher price for better. Green Tree's is the best according to those in the know.

https://www.bcliquorstores.com/en/products/6981

EDITED_BY: Kaji (1082886948)

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
And for my third post in a row.

I found you some absinthe in at the Ontario Liquor store web site.

https://www.lcbo.com/stores_products/product_search/index.html
product number 701045

this is from france, not sure about it, its made the french way, and there is I guess the french prep way. listed. There is a decription of it on the site listed. It's much cheaper then the Czech kind so I guess a try can't hurt. You have to go to a gov liquor store to get it as in BC. But your call, I might be able to arange to send you a bottle of Green Tree's Absinth from BC. Or you could make it (not sure on the law about that down there though. And I don't recomend that to anyone but Lightning since being a doctor he must know enough about organic chem to be able to safely make a tincture and distill it.

ps offtopic sorry about all the hijacking.

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
You wouldnt happen to be a bar tender now would you Kaji? ubblol

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

And I don't recomend that to anyone but Lightning since being a doctor he must know enough about organic chem to be able to safely make a tincture and distill it.

Where'd you get that crazy idea??? eek I'd kill us all! ubblol

-Mike

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
lol I wish I was a bar tender. I'd be good at it.

Come on Lightning are you telling me you can't make a tincture of wormwood and then distil it?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Absenthe is overrated. biggrin

I think the hype is the only reason people drink it. The trick is to put so much sugar on the rim so you can't taste the absenthe... but it really tastes better if you just eat the sugar and forget about the absenthe altogether. ubbangel

I've been on an "Only drink it if it actually tastes good" kick. I don't care if it's got an umbrella sticking out and it's blue and it bubbles and shoots sparks out of it. If it tastes like crap, I ain't drinking it.

I'm often surprised at how many people drink things that they don't enjoy drinking. My theory is that if beer was invented today, nobody would buy it. There are very few people that actually like the taste... I think most people drink beer to "drink beer" rather than for the horid bitter taste of beer. Yeah, I know that there are a few that like it but if that's true, why aren't beer flavored lollypops, ice cream, and even alcohol-free beers flying off the store shelves? confused

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
Yay! someone who knows what i mean.

the only reason i don't drink is because i don't like the taste. I don't have any moral, religious, health etc. etc. reasons. I just don't like it.

then people think i'm wierd while they're forcing down disgusting stuff that makes them throw up all over my living room door and then on my flatmante's best friend?!??!?!

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I'm often surprised at how many people drink things that they don't enjoy drinking. My theory is that if beer was invented today, nobody would buy it. There are very few people that actually like the taste... I think most people drink beer to "drink beer" rather than for the horid bitter taste of beer. Yeah, I know that there are a few that like it but if that's true, why aren't beer flavored lollypops, ice cream, and even alcohol-free beers flying off the store shelves? confused

most people i know like the taste of beer...

i do, and sometimes, it just feels right? you know...

i dont think beer substitues, or beer flavoured things could ever ever have that right feeling beer dose.

i would wander off for a beer, but im at college.

angel

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I hate beer. And I'm not a huge fan of liquor, altough there are certain cocktails that I do like, like a very well made martini or a vodka gimlet. In order for me to like a bourbon, it has to be a $150 bottle.

But I love the flavor of wine. I like mine especially oaky, so that the first sip sparkles on the tongue.

I don't drink to get drunk. In fact, if someone could come up with something that tasted exactly like wine without the alcohol, I'd be all over it. Of course, that will never actually happen. But I've found some delightful bottles at our local wine merchant for quite reasonable prices. I've been into Iberian wines a lot lately. I love a nice Rioja or a Tradicional.

Now, I'm no big drinker. I'll enjoy a bottle with a friend maybe once every two weeks, which works out to 2 generous glasses for each of us, or a glass or two each for three.

But I hate feeling drunk. Ick.

-Mike

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Absinthe is legal in england too, in the less alcoholic form, and if you drink it at a bar I know, you get stamped for having 4 shots. I thought it was aftershock, I spent about 3 minutes recovering from the minging taste. Then again, aftershock's minging too.

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ya i'm only about drinking things that actually taste good. with the exception of a few (i can count em on one hand) instances, i've always been that way.

i have a friend who made his own absinthe. he ordered all the ingredients off of ebay or something equally ridiculous. smelling it was enough to turn me off of it.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
lol did he distill it pounce? if he didn't it wasn't absinthe. Real absinthe actually smells good. But then I like Vermouth (which is another wormwood spirit), so I may be odd. I don't drink to get drunk either. And I'm not a big drinker. 1 or 2 drinks every couple weeks is the norm for me.

my personal favorite drink is a martini following this recipe:
(use only good spirits)
1.25 oz Vodka
.75 oz Vermouth

pour into steel shaker (not one of those pathetic plastic ones) with plenty of fresh ice. shake well. pour into a chilled martini glass.

The process I listed in a previous post for serving absinthe is actually the second distillation. It's a sugar distillation (a reaction actually occurs, and no body has ever been poisoned with this technique either) that lowers the PH making it far less bitter. But lets face it Absinthe and Vermouth belong to a group of spirits known as bitters, and are bitter. I don't like super sweet things though.

As for beer, the only real beer so far as I'm conserned is stout. It's thick, dark brown, slightly bitter, foamy, the head stays, and you can't see through it even when you hold it up to a light. And it tastes good. I like Guiness, but good stout is good stout.

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i like beer. ive drunk it for as long as i can remember. but i dont like some crappy american beer called "samuel adams" or something like that. i drank it after my last rowing race for the season and it was terrible! claimed it was the best beer in america! my arse! you guys must have bad tastes! at least the beer was free! (local grammar school coaches gave it to me!)

at nationals one night i was waiting for my squad to get off the water and the officials saw me reading and gave me a beer! lol! it was pretty funny! i race U19...so i could be 18! ubbrollsmile

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
dude, all american beer is crap. end of story. biggrin

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Come on Lightning are you telling me you can't make a tincture of wormwood and then distil it?

Yes! That's exactly what I'm telling you. I'm not a pharmacist!

I can distill, yes. But what's a "tincture"? biggrin

-Mike

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
a ticture is like an infusion. Except its done with edible alcohol, and is normally left to steep for days at room temp or cold, instead of a few mintues at high temp.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
ya he distilled it. still was nasty.

lol

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Page: