Forums > Videos > TT2 - The Sequel --- Its finally here......

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Shokmember
25 posts

Posted:
Well, finally after about 2 months of work, i have finally finished the sequel to the first Tekno Turtles Compilation, TT2, and I must say it turned out exactly how I had planned and even better. In the time period between this video and the last, I believe that stringing in SA has been taken to a new level, with so many new concepts and so much talent. People take stringing very serious down here, sometimes even TOO serious sadly. But thanks to that I have seen moves and combos performed and even invented my own, that I never would have imagined possible about a year ago. Its incredible what glowstringing has become in such a short period of time. Its like, you can't even go to the mall without running into a stringer, when about a year ago I was amazed to have even known that there were more stringers in SA besides me and my friends. Stringing has changed my life in so many ways i cant even begin to explain. I've met people I would have never have imagined I would meet and have made so many friends its insane not only here in SA but in the world!!

So anyways, about the video. Its about 18 minutes long, with a 1 minute intro and a 1 minute outro roughly. It features 12 different members from TT icluding ALL the originals. It also includes a few other stringers from TT in the credits. This video is by far my best yet, and even though I had said this would be my last compilation project, who knows? Although its EXTREMELY doubtful there may be a TT3 maybe next year or the next after that.

Anyway These are the things to watch for in this video.

1.Titles - The titles are AWESOME and took me a long while to make using cool 3D. I individual designed each logo to fit each stringer. The product is movie quality as you will see.

2.Wraps - Lots of awesome new combos, MUCH more than TT1.

3.Technical crossers / poi - Some pretty crazy crossers mainly from ditty and leo.

4.Leds - The ones I use in my part were a product of my friend Myron and myself's brainstorming. As well as all the leds used in the vid were mine.

5.Extensions and Hand Mind Games - These moves are basically whats hot right now in SA in glowstringing. Brought in by none other than bomb lol straight outta HOME OF POI!!! Ha

6.Sub-titles - These titles display the name of the move/combo that is being performed, mainly moves which are signature moves of that individual stringer.

7.On Ditty's part, watch closley to his hands AS well as all of the the stringers in the vid. You may think we're doin a move that is simple because you dont noticed where our hands are!!!

Note : Straight Jacket - Where your arms are inter-crossed in a relaxed manner as your mother would have them if you did something wrong and awaited an explanation lol.

With that said, enjoy the vid as much I have making it!!!!

TT2 - The Sequel

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
aww yeah. been waiting for this one. biggrin
downloading now.
BTW, thanks for making me respect glow-stickers!

-- Dut

Shokmember
25 posts

Posted:
no prob lol

We are very HOP oriented in our styles...

DutSILVER Member
lurker
380 posts

Posted:
I think it's more the fact that you refuse to suck... I've see glowstringers out, and never been impressed until I saw your guys' stuff. Maybe I need to get out more in the EDM scene and I won't stay so ignorant of the amazing styles you guys bring. =) I doubt anyone around here comes anywhere close though. ;-) I promised myself I'd never glowstick in public again until I've got at least all of your standard moves down, which probably won't be for a while...

Also, you guys really seem to be 'pushing the envelope' -- refusing to be held back by what looks like it would be hard. Your videos inspire me more than most poi videos not only because I've never seen most of the moves before, but you guys consistently throw those moves UTL, BTL, BTB, and behind the head (BTH?) without pause. Awsome stuff. Keep it up! You guys could seriously tour and set up exhibitions/battles all over the country with that kind of talent. Thanks for the video!

-- Dut

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
That video is just obscene.

Im a tough critic but I gotta give it to ya. This puts TT1 to shame lol. I wont believe ya if ya tell me you do stuff other than practice 24/7.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Nice vid guys, well worth the wait. You should be patting yourselves on the backs right....about.....now beerchug wow

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
great moves guys juggle. I wish I lived closer so I could learn from you all personaly... instead of only having these (great) weavesmiley videos.... hug

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

iLLuZiOnmember
15 posts

Posted:
YA the vid was GREAT!!! im the newest member to TECHNO TURTLEZ and yes we do other stuff then just practice.lol. this is our favorite hobby though. i would say. but ya you could see a little bit of me. when the credits are rolling. im the last one to be stringing. im the 1 where you can see on the top left and bottom right part of the screen at the same time.. i plan on releasing a SOLO video. of me.. i posted a old teaser of me a while back but it really isnt that great because it was a couple months old.... any way WE ARE GREATFULL for all of you posting all these complents.. im out ILLUZION reppin TECHNO TURTLEZ weavesmiley weavesmiley
EDITED_BY: iLLuZiOn (1082515457)

Phellanmember
74 posts

Posted:
Gorgeous work guys. Shok that's some kick ass work with the video there. Definately one of my favourites I've seen. You guys have managed to put together some major skill and talent.

Keep it up, I wanna see some more lol (in the meantime I think I'll try to work on some glow stringing during total fire bans wink)

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
F*** me what the F*** was going on there then.
I'm normally quite good at analysing and pulling apart tricks but the speed and number of combs had me completly baffled for most of the vid.

Might said somthing more intellagent later when i've seen it afew more it a figuired out whats going on ubblol ubblol

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
sweet.
nuff Respect.
biggrin ubbangel
bounce2

KaelGotRiceGOLD Member
Basu gasu bakuhatsu - because sometimes buses explode
1,584 posts

Posted:
dropping by from gs.c to give my opinion...

Shok, with the ways your attitude's evolved and the level of your stringing, I'd just have to say great job with it. You make me respect your crew and the short strings down south.

The vid actually HAD stringing, the trailer had me a little worried... hehh

Worth the ridiculously long dl time. tonguerops

To do: More Firedrums 08 video?

Wildfire/US East coast fire footage

LA/EDC glow/fire footage

Fresno fire

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
reeespect.

if you like wraps and mindgames this is censored awesome.

if only there was a little more light on some of you frown

the ones where theres light are truly inspiring. nice one guys

smiles
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

BlackassBlueass
183 posts

Posted:
ditto

---------------------------------
Breathing fire doesn't look good on the resume - Everclear

LurchBRONZE Member
old hand
929 posts

Posted:
Bandwidth exceeded frown

#homeofpoi -- irc.newnet.net Come talk to us we're bored frown

Warning: Please Do Not Jump On The Seals

t0xicmember
54 posts

Posted:
well since i was banned from gsc, and i dont really like posting on your boards due to the drama that was going around there, im posting my critique and comments here..

things i liked: first off im amazed at how fast all of you progress at stringing, i give mad props to the new crosser and straight jacket variations you all pulled off, a couple of them i was working on but never really finished, the wrapping with crossers is amazing, i never thought about many of the places it couldve been done, also the mind games and gumbies were also hella good, shok i liked your elbow pins at the end, i do sumthing like that when i use handles, your led sticks kicked ass, mad props,(they change color on impact right?) yeah i had stopped stringing awhile then i saw this and it got me going again just like the ttone vid did, very inspirational vid thnx for releasing it....

things i did not like: although the vid was hella good, there are still things that i didnt really like, um first off, i know you guys held back a little, i know yall have more than that, um i was a little disapointed in trunk's performance, it seems he didnt get much better from the last tt video, um short strings -_____-, the repeating song(good song but being played for 18 minuntes got repedative hehe, no hard feelings these are just things that i noticed in the vid, none were really major...

overall this was the best glowstringing video ive seen so far, i hope to get as good as some of you down south....good luck with stringing, dont let the drama take over down there, i was worried for awhile there.....lates.....come to cali sumtime, we'll take you to real raves -.^

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Funny, read Toxic's post and had the exact same sentiments, especially the part about Trunks. One thing I have to add to the bad side is that the second performer, Muy Chingon, his footage seemed kind of low quality. The lighting and distance was kinda off.

I loved Shadow's straight jacket combos (looks so sick going in and out of that second one smile ). Diddy, yer crosser wrap things are awesome. And Shok, yer the man.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Oh, and you said theres a slight chance of TT3 in a year or two. I cant imagine what might be in store for us 2 years down the line.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

Shokmember
25 posts

Posted:
Yea the lighting on Muy Chingons part sucked, but I tried to brighten it as much as possible....AS for Trunkz, well he doesnt practice much anymore, so the only improvements I saw in TT2 from him was all in style....

I wonder if there ever is a TT3...what would it be like lol...???

duvanancient oachkatzlschwoaf
248 posts

Posted:
broken link
can't download the vid
please fix it for me ubblove

BshidoHEATmember
26 posts

Posted:
I believe it's been changed to a .zip file. wink

Great video btw, i posted my thoughts over at GS.C

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
I'v been trying to download this for afew days, i thougt at first that the bandwidth had run out, so i waited till the start of this month but...confused still no download...plz let me know when its back up again, as im dying to see it. bounce

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
same here! wanna c it bad but not working frown

it must be green

Shokmember
25 posts

Posted:
The vid is back up here.....

TT2 - THE SEQUEL

ENJOY!!!!!!!!

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
OI! That was totaly Groovy,Far out,and Right on! weavesmiley I can't wait for the third vid. much props to you and the crew!

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
nice i'm dling it now
cant wait to c it

it must be green

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
what more can i say than: u guys are sick in the face wow

it must be green

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Finally got a chance to sit down and watch this video...

Much props to all of you, this was a fantastic production! The video itself looks quite professional, the settings were incredible.... I'll have to look you guys up next time I'm down in San Antonio!

Particular spinners who stuck out as my personal favorites were:
Bomb
Petry
Tuzo
and of course Shok

Every one of you guys is an inspiration to the community.

One thing I did find a bit tiresome was that the exposure was set way low so the figures were a bit hard to make out at times, except for when you applied a slow-mo effect on the camera and suddenly the images were much clearer, albeit at a lower frame rate smile May try tweaking that out for next time, but that's just my thoughts.

Tech question - what do you guys use for handles on the ends of your glowstrings?

The end credits also rocked - not often do you see effort put into those as well as the main video - and it goes the extra mile to make this an excellent production as well as a showcase of some of the best spinning I've ever seen.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

xJesterxstranger
21 posts

Posted:
doesent work for me either

xJesterxstranger
21 posts

Posted:
yeah wont let me download either

fraggleSILVER Member
94 posts

Posted:
what do i need to get this to work help me ahh

the first link wouldnt DL
the second link DL but the compressed file wont play on my windows player do i need something else or am i doing something wrong?

dance your cares away
worries for another day
so let the music play
down in fragle rock

Page: