Forums > Social Chat > You might be a fire spinner if...

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, it had to be done, so I am doing it.

YOU MIGHT BE A FIRE SPINNER IF:

*You have set fire to your clothes more than three times in your life.

*(Men only) you have hit yourself hard in the nads at least five times in one day.

*You are no longer bothered by the puzzled look on the cashier's face as she rings you up for three cans of white gas and a pack of bic lighters.

*You always have a lighter on you, even though you don't smoke.

*Your idea of a good time is to spend a night making strangers stop and stare at you.

Any others?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

dwuanosmember
79 posts

Posted:
Your brandings match the style of chain you use.
Flambe seems all you can serve at a dinner party.

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Jon,

Josphinmember
18 posts

Posted:
When you have a pocket watch on a long chain just for something to spin at all times.

Josphin

Josphinmember
18 posts

Posted:
When you have a pocket watch on a long chain just for something to spin at all times.

Josphin

PyroPixiemember
7 posts

Posted:
When your friends begin to incorporate things like Pyro and Fire into you nickname...

When you start to think about how you can incorporate fire into different forms of performance (including theatre productions of Shakespeare)...

Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once

skjalffmember
33 posts

Posted:
happened to me today: A nice looking girl after I told her it was my birthday.
her: So, what did you get for your birthday?
me: I got a camcorder
her: ...
her: did you get it for any particular purpose?...
me (with a happy grin on my face): yes
her: oh yeah?

then it got a little crazy :-))), but we definitely thought two different things, but I decided not to inform her of that..

Been wanting a camera to record myself poi-ing for a WHIIILE..

Poi, helping crazy people get laid since ***B.C.

poiaholic22member
531 posts

Posted:
- you can't wait for your best friend's 1 year old daughter to be old enough to be taught how to spin

.... and on that note

- when you have attempted to spin your best friend's 1 year old daughter

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
the owner of the car you drive (in my case - mother) buys an variable air deodouriser thing that plugs into the air con vent that can be turned up to full when you borrow the car so the interior gets purged of the sweet smells of kerosene it coincidently absorbs when being driven by you....

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
Well not having a car I was on a bus to bradford and was spinning at the back of the bus, dont worry not on fire, but still I was messin...

When your hair is quite uneven in places because u have skimmed it every so often when alite.

When u want to get some cool tongue bar that enables u to twirl an extra poi... mite do...

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
You've spent 7 hours straight on HOP.
You have a mirc script to automatically take you to people in the chat rooms intro threads, just to figure out who they are
when the aforementioned script becomes redundant, because you already know more about them than you do yourself.
You either stop buying deoderant, because it doesnt cover the smell of kero, or you go through a can a day, just to get rid of the smell.
you have modified the 'after smokers' air freshener to neutralise kerosene.
you throw away modified air freshener, because kerosene all of a sudden smells so good
You have read over 150 posts on this topic and still come up with fresh ideas
your drunken housemate says 'are you on that poi thing again!?!?
You decide to bump this thread bacause its funny.
you've read the last post in the social chat forum. (dont ask me what it is, i cant remember)
You invent some holders for shot glasses, so you can spin the flaming sambuca
You have more steel wool than the average industrial kitchen, but it still only lasts 10 minutes
You decide that flaming armwraps are possible, and they arent that dangerous, because a neckwrap is soo much worse.
the moves neo does in matrix revolutions with a staff aren't that cool any more
you wonder why on earth this thread died since june last year
you found this thread trying to find stuff on 5 beat weaves
you meet up with a PhD student during your lunch break, because she's the only other person you know at your uni that twirls.
Its not cool unless its on fire

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
you have compiled (while bored) a 25 page numbered list of all the non-HoP centric You Might Be a Fire Spinner If 's.

except the last couple, MiG's for sure, sorry MiG ubbangel

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
hmm, i wonder if i should make a definitive list, take all the ones from here, trim the redundant ones, and post it somewhere.

Oh, and i thought of a couple of new ones:
When you have to mix vodka with your kerosene so the kero doesnt freeze.
When the above mix freezes, and its still not too cold to go out for a quick burn.
And the last post in the list is about burning in a staff's wicks biggrin

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
This threads great, I thourght i was an obcessive spinner but there no hope for some of you ubblol

Here a few more

There's black marks all over your room, dents in the celling and you can no longer spin due to obcessive amount of toys lying around.

Your housemates have stop complaning about broken light bulbs, plates, ... cos they know it won't make the slights bit of differents.

When you've converted half of you housemate to spinning (partly so the can complain wink)

when you have to make it clear to furture housemate what they'll be getting if they want to live with you.

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
....you really want MiG to make the definitive list so you can have a copy of it without taking time away from your own spinning to do it yourself

....you get a tattoo to represent your passion for fire spinning

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
i love this thread!!! ubblol

here's some more - you might be a fire spinner if...

* you spend and hour in the shower after spinning, trying to get all the crunchy frizzy burnt bits out of your hair

* you have a disturbing number of home remedies for burns

* you burn your hand while trying to get a tray out of the oven and think 'hmm, ow, but that didn't hurt as much as the time that fire poi hit me in the eye!'

* you spin the most inappropriate items

* you had to spend 2 hours cleaning the ceiling of black marks before you could even think of getting your bond back from your last apartment

* while staying at your folks place, you go twirling, and when you come home, you be nice & put your equipment outside...only the smell of kero (which you can't smell anyway) wakes your mother up!!! (true!! it happened to me a couple of months ago!! ubblol)

* when kids excitedly rush up to watch you spin, and their parents freak. here's something else too. it was incredible. a friend of mine was spinning in a park, and a little boy ran over, squealing at the fire. his dad was in tears when he grabbed his son to stop him running into the flameage!! the little boy was born blind. we still have no idea who this kid was, or if he has been able to see anything else. it was very very amazing and special to witness!!!

* when you read threads like this one, and get ideas or just smile and nod knowingly the whole time!

weavesmiley

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
just thought of another one!!!

* if, when a (usually drunk) non-spinning friend asks if they can have a go - and you worry more about the damage to your poi rather than the damage to your friend

* and then you only let them have one poi - it's just too scary to give them 2!!

weavesmiley

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
...when you have burns marks on your nipples....

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
nah, that happens to those kinky ones among us too.

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
you get punched in the head in central station in glasgow and you think. wow i hardly felt that....

you live in a permanent state of concussion...

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
You meet lovely wonderful people hug because of a website and you don't have to have sex with them (at least for a while!) and are willing to drive for 9 hours just to spend a weekend with them

You are competant at sewing handles onto string

Socks have a whole new meaning in your life

5BEATBTB to Hyperloop to Buzzsaw to one handed wrist Wrap 180 turn actually makes perfect sense in any conversation

You watch your favourite TV progs standing up cuz it's tricky to spin slack back on the sofa.

You know what chemical a coloured flame burns from

Your Mom finds your collection of chains and you have a viable excuse avoiding embarrassment

Let's relight this forum ubblove

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
You've used both electroglo poi tied to your hood as a light on your bike, for cycling in the dark.

You've used an elctroglo staff stuffed down your jacket, tucked into the top of your jeans, sticking out the top or your hood as a light for cycling in the dark.

You wish you hadn't tried for a burn off when the droplets of fire start falling.

"Well if I dip them, the wicks'll stop smouldering but then I'm gunna have fully soaked poi in my bag till I get home"

"I wish I'd brought ......... "
hehe

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
you are tired of jokes about ninjas.

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

T&BBRONZE Member
Me
607 posts

Posted:
Quote:

but that didn't hurt as much as the time that fire poi hit me in the eye!'

Surprising how often you can use that one ubblol

Maybe I should change this too something abit nicer, humm no I still think your all Ccensoredt

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
Quote:

You've used both electroglo poi tied to your hood as a light on your bike, for cycling in the dark.

ha ha ! my beamers are duct taped to by bike - the green one at the front, the orange one at the rear.

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
you are actually seriously considering making a definitive list of all these posts.

Who really wants one? I know pounce said she did, but whether that was sarcasm, i dont know

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
pounce was probably serious...she's one helluva statistician! wink

Quote:

ha ha ! my beamers are duct taped to by bike - the green one at the front, the orange one at the rear

Quote:

You've used both electroglo poi tied to your hood as a light on your bike, for cycling in the dark

Quote:

You've used an elctroglo staff stuffed down your jacket, tucked into the top of your jeans, sticking out the top or your hood as a light for cycling in the dark.

ha ha ubblol I wore my LED glowsticks around my neck, blue in front and red behind so drivers would spot me and it worked a treat! biggrin I thought it was only me using poi as nightlights! ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

the screeming flaming dudeYes, as a matter of fact, i do use fire poi. Why do you ask?
104 posts

Posted:
the camping section in wallmart has a totally new meaning

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
--------------------------------------------------------
HEY, I COULD SPIN THAT!

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Your parents take a picture of a spinner for you when they're on vacation in Italy ubbangel

...I should figure out who that is....

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
you've tried tying your fire poi to your helmet, and using that for a light at night

"master"
--FSA

--Rougie

the screeming flaming dudeYes, as a matter of fact, i do use fire poi. Why do you ask?
104 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Custom Bug: Your Mom finds your collection of chains and you have a viable excuse avoiding embarrassment

LMFAO!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!1

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
--------------------------------------------------------
HEY, I COULD SPIN THAT!

Page: ...