Forums > Social Chat > You might be a fire spinner if...

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, it had to be done, so I am doing it.

YOU MIGHT BE A FIRE SPINNER IF:

*You have set fire to your clothes more than three times in your life.

*(Men only) you have hit yourself hard in the nads at least five times in one day.

*You are no longer bothered by the puzzled look on the cashier's face as she rings you up for three cans of white gas and a pack of bic lighters.

*You always have a lighter on you, even though you don't smoke.

*Your idea of a good time is to spend a night making strangers stop and stare at you.

Any others?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Psycadelic_Blissmember
3 posts

Posted:
the smell of kerosene is embedded in your nose

:-)

Krystelmember
26 posts

Posted:
* when you read the entire thread and can still add other stuff.....

* when you find yourself spinning with nothing in the middle of town just cos your bored.

* you have more than one poi, one in your bag, one lives in the car, ones lives at your mates place...etc....

Why be a second rate version of somebody else when you can be a first rate version of yourself!

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
*you grab wash-up rags at work and tie them up in knots and twirl them around to the music while washing up your machine- with you supervisor lookin at u saying "WTF ARE U DOIN???"

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
you get up extra early for days in a row to meet the post man coz you just ordered new wicks and clasps off Uncle Malcom - you know they are still on the plane coming over.. but you never know - Poi Man (super hero) might just have by-passed the plain to deliver your new wicks to you early as you've done so many foot stops on the ground your wicks are falling apart and burn for all of err two seconds..

(Oh won't you please mister postman.. wowoowoooo, mister postmaaaannn, please deliver my new wicks- wi-ickskssss)

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
ooo, I LOVE this thread!!!!!!!!!

*You have streamers on your fan at work because it reminds you of fire*

*You owe your boss £300 because you decided to have a practice with the first cable that came to hand, which happened to have your palmVx piolet attached to it"

*Your mates won't come around to your house after dark*

*You take computer locking kits from work because "I could do somthing with those chains!!!"

*Your ex is glad that she split from you because "He's gone off the rails, he's lost the plot, He's started twirling FIRE!!!"

*Your mum has got the neighbours to, "Keep an eye on you"

*Your neighbours constantly have the hose on stand by*

*Your are know as "That syco"* (That might not be the fire though!!!!!)

*You are suddenly the "Man to know" and it makes your mates sick with envey*

*Your ex now wants to be with you again, because "Your the man to know" even though you have gone off the rails!!!* (hehe how fickle!!!!)

LOL
Taking it easy
Trippy
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
That is fickle.. you need to find your self a gal that spins fire too - then you can both be geeks to your hearts content!!

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by MisStix:
That is fickle.. you need to find your self a gal that spins fire too - then you can both be geeks to your hearts content!!
Whats geekey about twirling fire??
Sorry, thread high jacking, i'll stop now.

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Nothing at all.. but if you look at some of the answers to this thread..

A geek to me is someone who is really into something be it calculas, biology, skalextrix, or fire spinning..

I'm a geek and will shout it from the rooftops if needs be.. I am PROUD to be a geek..

(boy did I say that out loud?? )

[ 12. November 2002, 06:58: Message edited by: MisStix ]

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
You Know You Are A Fire Spinner When/If...

- Everytime you go shopping for clothes you need to check the fabric listing tags to make sure it is "fire friendly"

- The smell of Kero burning is a complete turn on And you feel comforted by it.

- You speak to the local fire authority and find out you know more about fuels, fire types and safe fire handling than they do.

- You gave up on Bic lighters and went straight to Zippo's because they are reusable and refillable.

- You carry Zippo fluid not only because then you can always refill your lighter but also do some neat tricks with the fuel as well.

- You hear a song you have a routine to, and you start "air spinning" to it, even if you are sitting down in a restaraunt eating.

- You see video's or concerts and think of ways that your spinning could make it more appealing to watch.

- The word "Swinging" has nothing to do with sex to you.

- You don't equate the word Poi with food.

- You have people walk up to you and say "I know you, you're..." because of some piece the news did on you, or because all of your friends have photo's up about you in their work place.

- You've ever suffered nausea, cotton mouth, dizziness and you know it is a direct effect of your fire play.

- You get invited to parties with the obligatory "And can you bring your spinny things too?"

- You are a bragging right for your friends to co-workers.

- You have ever been dared outside of a restaraunt (let's say..Jack Astor's, I have some great photo's of it) to do something on fire, and not only did you have the equipment and fuel in the trunk, but you did it too, before management came out to yell at you.

- If you have ever timed the police checking through a park so that you could fire up between "visits", and you didn't get caught.

- If you spend time attempting to thinking of the simplest ways to explain the moves to people who just seem to not get it.

- If one day you suddenly look at the wicks and go..."No! Too small!", so now the wicks seem too heavy to almost lift, let alone spin.

- If you have ever stayed up way too late and spent too many hours practicing because you know you are thisclose to getting that damned move!

- If part of your budget includes fire gear as a staple.

- If you spin enough that the children in the neighborhood think not only that you are god, but they also want to grow up to be just like you.

- When you look at everything, pets included, and wonder how well they will spin.

- When you look at everything, or if you have ever concidered using tampons, as wicking.

- When you heat butter/oil in a pan and wonder if it could be used as fuel.

- When you realized you would have to turn in your Hippy Lifestyle registration card because it was pointed out to you that fire spinning is not environmentally friendly, but you care more about spinning than the environment suddenly.

- When you ache inside to hear the sound of the fire rush past you, and accept that it is indeed music to you.

- When you no longer concider fire a tool but a real, living performing partner.

- When it becomes a career, and then involves alot of work, but it is okay.

- When you return from the hospital for getting an injury treated, and you go right back to doing the move you were injured on, just to prove you can beat it.

- When you jump up and down for nailing that ellusive move, and then feel empty wondering what you can do next.

- When you walk through the childrens toy aisle and wonder how many of the designs you can copy for your fire toys.

- When you shop for a better camera or video camera, just so you can capture that "perfect" shot of you doing whatever move.

- When you rake up your phone cards to talk to people across the globe you have never met even though you could call your friend the next street over for alot cheaper.

- When people you have never met globally seem to understand you better than everyone else involved in your life, and they know almost more about you too.

- When you have a "sunburned" face, even though there hasn't been sun out in weeks.

Yeah, I think I covered some that haven't been said!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Oh, and if your first aide kit contains charcoal tablets and more treatments for burns than anything else!

Pele

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
^^when random people you have never met understand what the joke is with your avatar without you having to explain ^^

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
-You have a set of practice pois that live in the backpack you take to school, a set of practice pois that live in the backpack you take to swim, and a set of practice pois that live in the trunk of your car.

-Your classmates are used to the sight of you practicing outside the lecture hall during breaks.

-Mike

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
On a quick sidenote: LOL Rozi. I am thinking of making a costume like hers, then all I need is the blonde hair!

Pele

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Oh and if you've ever had to trim burnt hair off of your eyelashes!

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
lol cheers for the bump of this mike ginny

when youre in the shower and doing an imaginary low wave (whilst, tunelessly, singing a tune you love to spin too)

when the sercurity bloke at wembley park st tells you they wouldnt like to mess with you once asking what the giant cotton bud is about (humm sucurity bloke= big 6ft+ scary guy. .lolli= ickle, soot covered silly person. . .it doesnt make sense!!!!)

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
When you have dead glowsticks in your pocket from who knows when and you bring them with you to the Air Port to pick up Nyx... Sound familier Pozee?

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Liquid Popmember
62 posts

Posted:
you actualy sit at your computer and read every single one of these posts, then think of one to post, then post it.

great thread though

if practice makes perfect, and no one is perfect, then why practice?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
If you know that "poi" is the plural for "poi."

If you know what a "poi" is.

-Mike

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
too funny ray...

anyone got a light?

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
... if a gentle splash of fuel is your colongne (sp) and your date is actually turned on by it!

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
Ha! For some reason I was thinking of this thread just yesterday.

Erm...and, uh...you might be a firespinner if...hmmm...you start thinking of random HoP threads when you're supposed to be doing other things??

Fire Wiremember
26 posts

Posted:
....if you have the kind of scars on your arms and ribs that make doctors and nurses cringe and make small children get dragged away by their parents, who think you are the local perv with your whip marks on display.

Fire Wire''Fire is the all consuming element, let it consume you.''

Hinamimember
5 posts

Posted:
How about-

You have to re-arrange your car to make room for passengers

You think that Kero or white gas is the sexiest perfume a woman can wear

psychoactivated neural rustmember
33 posts

Posted:
...if you enjoy doing it

No left turn unstoned!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
You can sit with plenty of room and your feet up on a crowded train because no-one wants to go near where the paraffin smell is coming from

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
You arrange to spend your birthday weekend (in December in England) with friends in a field in Essex instead of a club.

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
-When your Christmas wish list contains elements such as:
Kevlar for fans
Fire fans
the blue staff to go with my red one
new poi, bigger and stronger than the old poi
or easier to be said...one of everything from Malcolm's shop (which I am not too far away from owning as it is! )

-When Dube knows you as the person who asks inane questions about thier products

-When you meet someone in a completely unrelated venue and they go.."Oh my god! You're....."

-When you look at your insurance upgrades to see exactly what limits you can push to include any fire damage that may incur.

-When the local market clerks know you by name and no longer question the combination purchase of leather, dog chain collars, lamp oil in masse quantities, zippo fluid and coleman white gas because it is all perfectly normal to them.

-When your skills list on your resume seems to compete with the best Barnum and Bailey Clowns there are.

I love this thread!

Pele

plantgirlllmember
150 posts

Posted:
Your arms feel abnormally light when they aren't holding chains

Your fingers feel naked because there aren't
straps around them

You start being nice to your boss because there's free fuel available at work

You return to your desk after lunch time practice, dirtier & smellier than the truck mechanics on the floor outside

People take different roads seeking fulfillment & happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost.-H. Jackson Browne

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
If you have ever contemplated flying halfway around the world , just to hang out with some dude named Malcolm

when swinging tennis balls on campus, random people walk by and say, "Hey, fire twirlers!!!" like, how could they tell?

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
you know when:

-you can't go through the corridors at school without everyone flailing thier arms in a mock-weave and making stupid ninja(?) noises.

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

Page: ...