Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Pregame Brainstorm of NYC's (UK) Summer Vacation

Login/Join to Participate

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Greetings to all you beautiful people whom I miss so very much...

So I'm definitely heading out to the UK this summer and I've POTENTIALLY got 2 MONTHS to play, which is a truely amazing amount of time. So I could plan something significant like:

Rent an apartment (er... I mean flat)
Marry, move in with, then divorce two months later any cute female member of HoP
Carry large, heavy objects and clean toilets at Te Pooka
Trade apartments with someone who wanted to spend the summer in New York City
Get a job at a pub and then get deported when immigration found out
Wrap myself in a large american flag and charge the locals 5 pounds to jelly wrestle me

My options are truely open and I've got finances to blow. Of course I don't HAVE to spend two months out there... I mean I do like my city as well... but it is an option. I could just drop by for two weeks at the Princess Palace/Glass Garage/Dom Domicile but I do have all the ingredients for something way bigger at my disposal.

Can you guys please tell me:
1) What cool festivals I should attend (and their dates)? (I'm def for EJC)
2) If you have any cool ideas of how to blow large amounts of time and money in your country?
3) If anyone has an extra room for rent and wants to house someone with a funny American accent?

IF there's enough fun stuff to do, I'm all over it. [Keep in mind, I'm 30 and very much a grown-up.]

Just brainstorming now... mostly because it's fun to look forward to. THANKS!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Ooooo - I'd be up for a flat swap, only I don't have a flat frown

I'll Flat-sit for you though smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
hmmmm this could be good. im leaving the uk in the summer and live in a rented house.
i would like to come back to my room in my house but need to find someone to move in just for a couple of months.
impossible ... or so i thought.
so there would be a room in a house which is £40 p.w inclusive of gas elec council tax water tv licence and broadband internet
1 min from the notts spinning field
30 ,mins walk from town (10 by the brand spanking new tram system)
2hr 30 from london.

if your up for it im sure we could come to some arrangement.
my leaving time is quite flexible so just let me know what date u got

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

mcpPLATINUM Member
Flying Water Muppet
5,276 posts

Posted:
Yay! More people from HOP come to Edinburgh!

You have to come up to Ed... It might even be warm by the time you arrive....

RAaaaaaAAAAaaaaaaaaa!

I don't think the teppoka offices have many big heavy things to lift... (Apart from Rob biggrin ) but local legend has it that they have a lot of cups to wash....

wave

"the now legendary" - Kaskade
"the still legendary" - Kaskade

I spunked in my friend's aquarium and the fish ate it. I love all fish. Especially the pink ones. They are my bitches. - Anon.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Marry, move in with, then divorce two months later any cute female member of HoP

Carry large, heavy objects and clean toilets at Te Pooka

I could just drop by for two weeks at the Princess Palace/Glass Garage/Dom Domicile but I do have all the ingredients for something way bigger at my disposal.

3) If anyone has an extra room for rent and wants to house someone with a funny American accent?

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

YEY NYC!

if you are looking for a lady for two months, i have one going at very low rates, her dad only wantes three goats and a camel for her, so so she tells me! wink

as for teh tepooka offices, im sure if you made lots of tea they wount make you clean teh loos!

and you are more then welcome to come and stay at teh step's sshanti, if you are wanting to go to sheff, if you come to stoke, ill drive you up and back if you are willing to go for a pip?

but as for renting the room to you mate, its free, as will be the tea and bices you will get, aint no way you are paying for a room!

now sleeping with me, i will have to charge you for bro! wink

let us all knwo what you are doing there is a place for deffo up north for you man!

laterdays

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Quote:

so there would be a room in a house which is £40 p.w inclusive of gas elec council tax water tv licence and broadband internet

£40!!! eek

thats nothing!!

wow!

WOuld you like to some and spend time with me in an empty but perfectly furnished house in Canterbury?

*That goes for any of you actually*

I move in on 1st June this year and will be staying in Kent for sometime. The house is only 5 minutes walk from Canterbury East (not West this time) train station, so there is REALLY easy access to London.

Anyone?

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
UCOF

mememememememememememememememe biggrin

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Mech..you (two?) can stay as long as you want to mate. It would be an honour.

I meant come and stay with me while for free, and not to Rent.

Like a mini holiday.

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
UCOF!!
ill be there at some point matey i should be homeless...umm...i mean travelling by then and yeah.why not.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
shhhhhh..

This is NYC's thread about what he wants to do.

I will get round to writing up mine as soon as I have asked "the others" if they mind people staying in beds they have never slept in yet.... umm

anyway NYC..you are more than welcome to pop round (well...maybe not actually pop round as that would be too short a time) whenever you want to matey.

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
try to include may or september (maybe september is more pheasable now) as a little faery that would love another nyc hug wont be on that side of the world from the end of may til mid/late august...

just a little request - i understand if it cant be met

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
hey mr NYC i've been hearing about this(only just now spotted the thread....)

smiles and dances for joy(just the thought... i may actually explode if you do come here...)

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Sorry Em, I do so try to honor requests from beautiful blonde women but I'll have to be back in the US of A by September.

And Mr. Cat... if Tree and I can work out the specifics you'll be seeing a whole hell of a lot more than you could ever want of me. smile She's been my liazon so chat with her. Scotland may beat London for NYC love if all goes well at Te Pooka HQ. Say good things about me if anyone asks... wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

rbmnycBRONZE Member
lurker
194 posts

Posted:
Hey - NYC - do you REALLY honor ALL requests from beautiful blonde women????

wink

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I do so try. biggrin

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted: