Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Gloucestershire cheese rolling May 31st!!

Login/Join to Participate

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
Just came across this festival type event, thought it sounded like a giggle!

For those peeps in the west country, who have finished exams/aren't students/have much spare time (I'm looking at you here bug!).... there's a crazy sounding gathering on a hill near Brockworth in the Gloucestershire Cotswolds: ubbloco

https://www.guilfin.net/festival/

basically involves people hurling themselves down steep hills chasing after a 7-8lb. Double Gloucester cheese!! Whoever gets to the foot of the hill first wins the cheese!! I know this is appealing to you T&B biggrin

We could go and take some toys to play with! weavesmiley

EDITED_BY: elasta (1082207053)

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
[Old link]

elastaaddict
645 posts

Posted:
Gloucestershire is a location!

there's nothing quite as fulfilling as a tasty airwrap

if you're full of sh!t, at least you're fertile

"we are all flowers growing in God's garden... and that is why he spreads the sh!t around" - David Byrne

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
it's ok he's just going for his moderators exams next month tongue

wink

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
eek

am I??

I knew nothing of this....

Wizz-er-pops
206 posts

Posted:
Hey there

i live 5 minutes from where they roll the cheeses. Last year it was cancelled because it was raining and there was fear that the cheese would get out of control!

Very funny to watch and loads of people go although I dont think that there would be an oppotunity to spin, it is not that kind of festival!

Poi... it's an obsession.