Forums > Social Chat > Does your name make you who you are...?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Fuond this on sphereculism but thought you guys would enjoy it.

press me to find out

Mine came out as

Brief summary of your name: Duncan

Your first name of Duncan has given you creative ability, imagination along practical lines, and the patience to pay attention to detail for a while. Although you are attracted to technical, mechanical, scientific fields, you lack the patience to follow through with this interest. This name gives a certain amount of practicality to your thinking; but there is also a tendency to scatter your efforts for, although you want system and order and stability in your life, you are too apt to be distracted from the job you are doing and to become involved in spontaneous interests.

I usually think these sort of things are generalised crap for the masses but if it had added that "I'm a flake who smokes too much gange and with artistic tendancies who's going bald" and I'd have reckoned they already knew me!

Funnily enough I put Custom into the search engine and the page goes crazy and starts displaying code everywhere! ubblol

Let's relight this forum ubblove

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Definitely my name does not reflect who I am! Studious nature? Excel at Maths? confused

Your first name of Kathryn has given you a studious nature, and the ability to concentrate on whatever you are doing. You could excel in mathematics or in positions where persistence, independence, and individuality are required. In personal associations, a lack of finesse in verbal expression often creates misunderstandings with others, especially with those close to you, because you find it difficult and embarrassing to express depth of feeling when situations arise requiring diplomacy, understanding, and affection.

But I do think the description for my nicknames is better - I did not become Kat until I was in college but I was better at maths then than I was when I was just Kathryn

Your first name of Kat has given you energy, drive, and ambition, but also an almost excessively strong-willed and independent nature. While you are creative, inventive, and ingenious in practical matters, and always ready to initiate and promote new undertakings, you often experience difficulty in bringing your undertakings to a successful conclusion because of your own changing interests or changing circumstances.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
mine isnt very bohemian or eccentric or nowt! frown

Brief summary of your name: Ross

Your name Ross gives you a strong sense of responsibility in business and material affairs, and the practicality and determination to make a success of anything you undertake. Your ability to organize and direct the efforts of others enables you to excel in any managerial position because you have the ability to grasp the concept of a goal complete with an understanding of the steps to be taken. This name has allowed you to develop depth and breadth of mind. You are able to retain facts, to grasp new information to your existing store of knowledge.

But hey at least i should be rich by the time i'm 50! biggrin

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Your first name of Alice has given you a responsible, expressive, inspirational, and friendly personality. Expression comes naturally to you and you are rarely at a loss for words; in fact, you have to put forth effort at times to curb an over-active tongue. Self-confidence has made it easy for you to meet people and you are well-liked for your spontaneous, happy ways. You sincerely like people and do not often experience loneliness; your work and home-life are likely filled with association

Sounds right in some areas... ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Ebonyglidermember
56 posts

Posted:
The name of Natasha has given you the desire for creative, artistic or musical expression in an original way. You strive to be different and have the self-confidence to implement your ideas because you have the perseverance necessary to see something through, despite obstacles. Although you meet new people easily, it is not easy for you to maintain a relaxed, harmonious relationship.

Almost right.

Hey, I'M the BEE!

FabergéGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol

Sorry to piss on everyone's parade, but get a load of this..... Lisa & Kat deliver the exact same results ubblol

Your first name of Lisa has given you energy, drive, and ambition, but also an almost excessively strong-willed and independent nature. While you are creative, inventive, and ingenious in practical matters, and always ready to initiate and promote new undertakings, you often experience difficulty in bringing your undertakings to a successful conclusion because of your own changing interests or changing circumstances.

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Your name of Chris gives you a very happy-go-lucky, spontaneous nature. You see the humorous side of many situations and can laugh at yourself as well as at others. This name gives you a musical, artistic nature and you would do well in any occupation in the entertainment field. You have many friends because of your generous, happy nature, but if crossed you have a quick temper, although your annoyance does not last too long. You do enjoy an argument and will at times say things just to get others going and then you sit back and enjoy the debate. You lack system and order and find it very difficult to budget and save money.

not wanting to be immodest but that's about me... ubbrollsmile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
ubblol mine is sooooo wrong biggrin

Your name of Aimee gives you the desire to understand and to help others but, at the same time you can become too involved in their problems and, as a result, worry too much.
ok fair enough I do tend to do that

You desire a home and family of your own and have the ability to create understanding and harmony in family association as you are pliable, forgiving, and tactful.

im 15 - i want a never ending supply of TopShop and New Look vouchers not a family and a hubby

You love children and would not hesitate to care for any children who might need you.

I hate children

Whenever possible, you avoid argument and turmoil because you prefer not to face an issue if it means hurting anyone's feelings.
Im a hormonal teenager - I can argue for england

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
The name of Rhys gives you a clever, quick, analytical mind, but you suffer with a great deal of self-consciousness, lack of confidence, and much aloneness because of misunderstandings. Your idealistic and sensitive nature gives you a deep appreciation for the finer things of life and a strong desire to be of service to humanity. There are times when you experience inner turbulence at your inability to say what you mean. It is far easier for you to express your deeper thoughts and feelings through writing than verbally. You find pleasure in literature, in poetry, and in your ideals and will turn to them when you feel you have been misunderstood.

That is pretty much half and half. i dont lack confidence, but im always alone, and while i appreciate fine things, i dont really want to service society that much. I'm not really sure about the whole inner thoughts and feeling thing, never really tried letting them out, so i dunno. ubbcrying I love reading, just not reading poetry, and true enough, i often turn to my ideals. Not a bad little site, that.

--edit--

But then...

The name of Mig creates a very passive, easy-going, friendly nature. You love people and desire to get along with everyone you meet. Your desire for sociability and the pleasant things in life makes you too easily influenced through your associations. You have imagination and many ideas but you lack the drive or initiative to put these into effect. It is difficult for you to say "no" and mean it or to carry through with any commitments you have made. This name makes you too lackadaisical. The influence of this name is to lack practicality, system and order, organizing ability, astuteness, and the ability to make decisions and act upon them.
EDITED_BY: MiG (1082133164)

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
I found this to be quit true! Hmmmm....... Ewept for the part about me not being artistic!

Brief summary of your name: Jesse

Your first name of Jesse has given you a very practical, hard-working, systematic nature. Your interests are focused on technical, mechanical, and scientific things, rather than interests of an artistic, musical, or social nature. You tend to be skeptical outlook on life and rather materialistic standards. In reaching your goals, you are very independent and resourceful, patient and determined. You can be so very positive and definite in your own ideas and opinions that others sense a lack of tact and friendliness in your manner of expression.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
Quote:

ubblol ubblol ubblol

Sorry to piss on everyone's parade, but get a load of this..... Lisa & Kat deliver the exact same results ubblol

Your first name of Lisa has given you energy, drive, and ambition, but also an almost excessively strong-willed and independent nature. While you are creative, inventive, and ingenious in practical matters, and always ready to initiate and promote new undertakings, you often experience difficulty in bringing your undertakings to a successful conclusion because of your own changing interests or changing circumstances.

yup another lisa here ubblol and it's mostly right except i do finish projects and whatnot
however, i put in pounce and got this:
The name of Pounce creates a very versatile and creative nature. You are quick-minded and have the freedom of expression to mix easily with people. Because your feelings and desires are so changeable, you are never satisfied with conditions as they are. You have many ideas, plans, and ambitions, but too often they are for an easy way out of a difficulty or an easy way of making money. You seek change in order to have the opportunity for travel, new experiences, and new friends and associates. You find it difficult to systematize your efforts and to fulfil your obligations and plans as you are not inclined to apply yourself consistently to a job to reach your goals. Although you appear positive, you inwardly lack self-confidence and will-power.

hmmm, about the same.....mostly right, but a few things wrong.

and then going with my middle name:
Your name of Brooke indicates qualities of a leader and organizer but a difficulty in concentrating and systematizing your efforts interferes with achieving your goals. You desire a good standard of living and the best quality in all your material possessions. You have a friendly nature, well-liked by others for your sense of humour and pleasant personality and you love parties and socializing in general. You could be musically or artistically inclined and may often be the "life" of the party and would enjoy finding expression in the entertainment field.

anyone else notice that these tend to say the same thing just slightly altered??

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Your first name of Flashfire has given you a responsible, expressive, inspirational, and friendly personality. Expression comes naturally to you and you are rarely at a loss for words; in fact, you have to put forth effort at times to curb an over-active tongue. Self-confidence has made it easy for you to meet people and you are well-liked for your spontaneous, happy ways. You sincerely like people and do not often experience loneliness; your work and home-life are likely filled with association

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Quote:

matthew (real name (that no one uses!))

Your name of Matthew has created a most expressive nature, idealistic and inspirational, driven with a strong inner urge to be of service in some way that would uplift humanity as a whole. However, there is a tendency to assume too heavy a burden of responsibility for others, which leads to worry and undue concern. People with problems are drawn to you as they recognize you as one who has understanding and gives not only sympathy and comfort but provides also some constructive advice or assistance. You have a generous quality to your nature, but you must guard carefully against giving more than you receive or you will find yourself doing without because you have helped someone else.

is this me people?

Quote:

step (nick name)

As Step you seek change, travel, new opportunities, and new challenges. Your active, restless nature demands action and you dislike system and monotony. As you are versatile and capable, you could do any job well, although you would not like to do menial tasks. Having considerable vision, you could be adept at formulating new, more effective ways of doing things. You could organize the work of others, though in your impatience to see the job done efficiently, you would likely step right in and do it yourself.

Quote:

Mech (stage name)

The name of Mech has given you a very imaginative, creative mind. You always have new ideas, but too often they are for an easy way out of a difficulty, or an easy way of making money. You are not inclined to apply yourself consistently to a job and to reach the fulfilment of your goals through perseverance and hard work. The influence of this name has caused you to feel unsettled emotionally and mentally. You are never satisfied with conditions, because your feelings and desires are so changeable. Hence you seek change in order to have the opportunity for travel, new experiences, and new friends and associates. There are people in your association who could influence you unfavourably and thereby mislead you; disillusionment, embarrassment, and bitter experiences then become your lot.

what do you rekon?

Step (el-nombrie)

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
My first name:
The name Tiffany creates a dual nature in that you can be very generous and understanding, but you can also be so candid in your expression that you create misunderstanding. You struggle with the requirement to soften your expression with tact and diplomacy and to consider the feelings of others. Difficulty in accepting advice or admitting that you may have made a mistake causes you to appear to be stubborn and set in your ways. Thus, you have too often created the wrong impression, and friendships have suffered.

My middle name:
Your name of Gail gives you the ability to be creative along practical lines of endeavour. Your ideas can be very original and inventive. You enjoy being with people in a social environment. Your personal appearance is important to you, for you desire to make a good impression on others. Your pleasant manner attracts people to you with their problems and you are capable of offering practical advice, though you may not follow such advice yourself. This name causes you to be somewhat too concerned with the personalities, problems, and activities of other people.

First part of my stage name:
The name Mistress gives you a strongly independent and highly creative nature, with drive and ambition to have experiences and accomplish things out of the ordinary. You can work intently at whatever is new and holds your interest at the moment, but your interest wanes quickly when drudgery and monotony set in. Obstacles to your progress or restrictions on your freedom to act create a sense of frustration which may cause you to feel resentful and even rebellious. You can then become intolerant of others, and caustic and belittling in your expression, thereby imposing stress on your personal relationships.

The last part of my stage name:
Your name of Aurora makes you easy-going and refined, but detracts from your physical vitality. You desire all the finer things in life--lovely clothes, home, furniture, and environment. However, procrastination is your worst enemy, and you find yourself lacking the ambition to make your dreams a reality often because of lack of confidence. People are inclined to take advantage of your sympathetic, tractable nature. You naturally attract people with problems who seek your understanding and advice.

I could do my nicknames of Tiff, Tiffy, or Tex but figured that would be overdoing it and they will most likely say something like the rest. ubblol

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
Trillian gets the same as Kat and Lisa!
Your first name of Trillian has given you energy, drive, and ambition, but also an almost excessively strong-willed and independent nature. While you are creative, inventive, and ingenious in practical matters, and always ready to initiate and promote new undertakings, you often experience difficulty in bringing your undertakings to a successful conclusion because of your own changing interests or changing circumstances.

But this is pretty much me:The first name of Sally leads you to assume considerable responsibility and to prefer to work independently, without direction or interference from others because you have very definite ideas of your own. Your mind is quick to comprehend and you can be depended upon to do any job well. Because you tend to be somewhat of a perfectionist, you might insist on doing too many things yourself instead of delegating jobs to others who might do less satisfactory work. This name does make you quite direct and straight-to-the-point.

I don't usually believe in this kind of thing, but I dont know... that was pretty accurate.

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
Okay, screw the last post... I tried it again, and it came up with a totally different answer
Your first name of Sally creates a serious, thoughtful nature, shrewd, efficient, and business-minded. You are one to make your own decisions, and not be influenced by others. You desire independence and freedom from the authority and interference of others. You are not overly ambitious, preferring instead just to seek stable, settled conditions which are adequate to meet your responsibilities. You like to be your own boss and you capable handle responsibilities for others.
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

The name of Mike has given you a very imaginative, creative mind. You always have new ideas, but too often they are for an easy way out of a difficulty, or an easy way of making money. You are not inclined to apply yourself consistently to a job and to reach the fulfilment of your goals through perseverance and hard work. The influence of this name has caused you to feel unsettled emotionally and mentally. You are never satisfied with conditions, because your feelings and desires are so changeable. Hence you seek change in order to have the opportunity for travel, new experiences, and new friends and associates. There are people in your association who could influence you unfavourably and thereby mislead you; disillusionment,
embarrassment, and bitter experiences then become your lot.

Do note the second sentence. I think it's priceless. ubblol

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
The name of Flynt has given you sensitivity and appreciation for the finer and deeper things in life. You can enjoy reading, study, and contemplation about many different subjects. When your interests or curiosity are aroused, you work intensely at new undertakings, but your interests often wane when you encounter drudgery and monotony, with the result that you leave many things unfinished. Your name has taken you into many bitter experiences. The greatest lack in your life is stability and peace of mind. A peaceful and quiet environment, especially out in nature, is one of your greatest desires, but you are constantly taken into chaotic conditions.

hmmm sounds like me.... sadly

Currently on the right side up of the world.

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Ummmmmm, Flynt, it appears we have exactly the same name. Or at least my full first name gets the same result as "Flynt".

However shortening it to Roz, gives me this:

The name of Roz creates a restless, creative nature that takes you into many ventures, but does not allow you to see things through to a satisfactory completion. Yours is a versatile, musical, artistic, but independent nature and you must have the freedom to express your creative ideas and abilities to be happy. An urge for independence causes dissatisfaction and frustration in close relationships and you find the "ties that bind" restricting. The qualities of this name would find a more constructive outlet in work that involves high-pressure selling or promotional activities, possibly in community affairs, for it contains a positive, driving power.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
here's what mine came up with...

Your name of Margita gives you the desire to understand and to help others but, at the same time you can become too involved in their problems and, as a result, worry too much.

ok...little freaky...i'm an out of work youth worker...and tend to stress over other peoples problems sometimes...

You desire a home and family of your own and have the ability to create understanding and harmony in family association as you are pliable, forgiving, and tactful.

uhh....yeah...keep on with the freakiness....

You love children and would not hesitate to care for any children who might need you.

i do like kids, but caring for them?? eh, no. it's nice to be able to give them back!!

Whenever possible, you avoid argument and turmoil because you prefer not to face an issue if it means hurting anyone's feelings.

i do avoid arguments, but that's cos i'm a pascifist (spelling?!), not because i'm afraid of hurting people! facing issues is important!! it's the only way to move past them!!

still, that's an interesting site you've pointed us to there - omg. i am so sorry i have already forgotten who started this thread! dang red wine! zaps your memory!!!!!!!!! biggrin

anyways, thanx for the interesting perspective on my name that can never be found on those mass produced mugs/keyrings/bookmarks/other dodgy souvenirs/etc!!!

weavesmiley peace

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
sorry bout the colour in that last post!!

here's the bizarre things that came up when i used my nickname - gita!

Your name Gita has given you tenacity of purpose and has made you extremely independent. Whatever you undertake, you approach from your own point of view,

eh no. i'm independent, but not extremely so!!

and others either have to conform to your ideas or go their own way and leave you to work things out for yourself. You are so narrowly focused in your pursuits that you frequently overlook the little personal considerations and attentions that create a bond of understanding and sense of companionship. Thus it is difficult for you to merge your efforts harmoniously with others.

and the rest of this is just b.s!!!!

i should put in my flatmate's name and see what her hidden characteristics are!! hehe!!! ubblol

peace weavesmiley

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
Quote:

anyways, thanx for the interesting perspective on my name that can never be found on those mass produced mugs/keyrings/bookmarks/other dodgy souvenirs/etc!!!

ditto, theres amy, amiee, amee, ayme but never aimee god dammit frown

MiGGOLD Member
Self-Flagellation Expert
3,414 posts

Posted:
you should try finding Rhys on anything like that. damn near impossible.

"beg beg grovel beg grovel"
"master"
--FSA

"There was an arse there, i couldn't help myself"
--Rougie

Space Puffinmember
5 posts

Posted:
Your name Rob gives you a strong sense of responsibility in business and material affairs, and the practicality and determination to make a success of anything you undertake. Your ability to organize and direct the efforts of others enables you to excel in any managerial position because you have the ability to grasp the concept of a goal complete with an understanding of the steps to be taken. This name has allowed you to develop depth and breadth of mind. You are able to retain facts, to grasp new information to your existing store of knowledge.

Kind of, now if only I had the motvation to get to a managment position rolleyes

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:

Does anyone's name analysis say nasty stuff? I don't mean stuff you don't like but I mean like "Bob- the bane of all evil... you like inflicting pain on other people etc etc...." Just wondered! Or is every name a creature of God??

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

the screeming flaming dudeYes, as a matter of fact, i do use fire poi. Why do you ask?
104 posts

Posted:
wierd stuff

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
--------------------------------------------------------
HEY, I COULD SPIN THAT!

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
Your first name of Sophie has given you a friendly, likeable nature, and you could excel in artistic, dramatic, and musical expression. With this name, you desire the finer things in life, but you do not always have the resolve and vitality to put forth the effort necessary to fulfil your desires. Your emotional feelings are easily affected and you will always be involved in other people's problems as a result of your overly sympathetic nature.

thats pretty much mememememe biggrin ubbangel

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Daimember
22 posts

Posted:
does this mean if you dont like who youi are you've just gotta change your name???

mabey you are your nickname tho - most names stick for a reason!

even a frisbee is a lethal weapon in the hands of the wrong person

DFZBRONZE Member
Christian Death Metal Anyone?
313 posts

Posted:
Alright so there a few points:

Your first name of Steven has given you a very practical, hard-working, systematic nature. Your interests are focused on technical, mechanical, and scientific things, rather than interests of an artistic, musical, or social nature.

I work at a Biotechnology company, doing their filing and orginizing the place.

You tend to be skeptical outlook on life and rather materialistic standards.

I'm a christian, i love life and live it to it's fulness and do not hold on to material items. apart from firestaff and massage table.

In reaching your goals, you are very independent and resourceful, patient and determined. You can be so very positive and definite in your own ideas and opinions that others sense a lack of tact and friendliness in your manner of expression.

always open for other peoples oppionions, and not very confident in my own. but will do what ever it takes to reach my goals if i really want too.

it's a bit hard to belive that all the people with the same name have the same views and potential.

Shin: a device for finding furniture in the dark.

If you were going to shoot a mime, would you use a silencer?
-- Steven Wright

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
The name of Alison gives you a clever, quick, analytical mind, but you suffer with a great deal of self-consciousness, lack of confidence, and much aloneness because of misunderstandings. Your idealistic and sensitive nature gives you a deep appreciation for the finer things of life and a strong desire to be of service to humanity. There are times when you experience inner turbulence at your inability to say what you mean. It is far easier for you to express your deeper thoughts and feelings through writing than verbally. You find pleasure in literature, in poetry, and in your ideals and will turn to them when you feel you have been misunderstood. You are deeply moved by the beauties of life, especially nature.

Its quite true biggrin

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
The first name of Alexia is not found in our database frown