Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > CARNIVAL TWIST fun! fun! fun! Sun2 May, London UK

Login/Join to Participate

Simon Twistmember
29 posts

Posted:
www.CARNIVALTWIST.com

Carnival Twist invite you to celebrate with a surreal circus-kissed burlesque fancy dress spectacular.

wave wave wave

So Roll Up! Roll up,

dress up, have fun, see the sights

and explore the unique setting of Carnival Twist

in a plush Victorian music hall hotel.

Bank Holiday Sunday

2nd May, 6pm – 12am

The Loughborough Hotel

SW9

Building on the extraordinary successes of our previous shows, we bring you an enchanting evening of our renowned combination of internationally acclaimed acts across 4 deliciously decorated rooms set in a surreal, circus – kissed, burlesque fancy dress spectacular.

In addition to having many fantastic and world famous acts, we also embrace the highest production standards utilising the worlds clearest sound systems made by Opus audio. We also feature intelligent lighting, lasers and projections designed sensitively to create a vibrant atmosphere of mesmerising colour.

The Carnival Main Stage biggrin

A stunning soundscape of full on live funk, samba, breakbeat, good time grooves and world dance music situated in a high technology carnival ball room, a feast of paint and light with:

The Rosinators- a full on Cajun dance band phenomenon with radio play in countries around the world as diverse as The UK, USA, Australia, Germany, Holland, Denmark and more. They have accrued rave reviews from journalists and radio DJs everywhere that they have played and have made it to being one of the six finalists of this years Glastonbury Festival acoustic stage unsigned bands competition. For full details of this exceptional band please see www.rosinators.com

Inlkine- Louche breakbeat from this incredible band featuring an amazing line up of musicians including Steve Bentley-Kline the composer from The Talking Heads and the string arranger for Morcheeba, Nick Holland an exceptional cellist and winner of the Jaqueline Dupres cello prize. Sirish Kumar on tablas, who has played for Ravi Shankar and Morcheeba, and fronted by Phillip Wells The Fire Poet, reviewed as “the foremost performance poet in England – The Evening Standard”. Inkline have played all over the world including performing with Vanessa Redgrave in New York.

Mix Master Morris – Ninja Tunes, an up tempo, lively, world dance set from the legendary international DJ

Tehomas - an incredibly talented up and coming DJ who amazed crowds at Glastonbury festival, and many other places with his unique funk/Persian/breakbeat crossover with rolling rhythms and a truly infectious beat.

CheekyBoy – A spectacular juggling and spinning performance from this crazed clown troupe who will mesmerise you and make you roll around with laughter as they dazzle you with their skill.

The Twist Stage cool

Top quality live acoustic duos and bands, poetry and stand up comedy set in a beautifully decorated and comfortable room with a circus theme.

Jesus Was A Gent- A disorganised blend of sick minds that will have you howling with laughter as they astonish you with their musical genius. We are privileged to have these talented young men here in their London debut as they hail all the way from Cardiff where they have been playing prestigious venues such as the Engine Rooms.

Urusen - Delicious harmonies and beautiful tunes combine in a feast of sumptuous sonic delight.

Alan O’Rourke – passionate and sensual with an infectious beat, this man’s music will captivate you and enchant you, wrapping you up in its warm undulating curves, a cross between Damien Rice and Muse. Alan is a familiar face around the festival circuit and one of the rising stars of the Brighton scene.

Winter and Williams - Fresh, funky and partly fluffy, guaranteed to make your feel warm and comfortable as your feet tap.

Sweet Monk - Hypnotising rhythms juiced with slick percussion, seldom do you come across an act that oozes such quality from every pore.

Jack Corrigal - One man, one guitar, one mission, this young man is the musicians musician, combining stunning song writing with a fluidly effortless style of playing.

Lawrence B - Soulful, moving and bluesey haunting combination of lyrical beauty and fine musicianship.

The Courtly Lover – A talented poet, presenter and musician who has appeared on Channel 5, Channel 4 and the Discovery Channel, accompanying himself on piano with polished elegance.

Dolly Ginsburg – A truly hilarious poetry set from this accomplished lady raconteur.

Adam – a stand up comic to tickle your ribs and pull your legs with his hilarious outlook on life.

Surreal Bar Burlesque weavesmiley

A lushly decorated room filled with wandering stilt walkers, magicians, jugglers, Carnival Courtesans and many other styles of performer to amuse you whilst you explore the delights of the burlesque side shows and the kissing tent. Get down and strut your stuff to a sound track including funk, ska, rock ‘n’ roll and electro.

That Ned – a DJ of twenty years experience playing tunes with excessive groove, has played with the Ozric Tentacles, The Warp, Dromezone and many other events.

DJ Dolly - A funky combination of sensual good time grooves and eloquent prose as this lady teases the room with her delectable tunes.

Choci – An exclusive set of hip wiggling party music from the international superstar playing with the phenomenal skill that has made him world famous in many other genres.

The Decadan C ubbtickled

A full on dance floor skinned in red velvet, opulently bedecked with sequins, sparkling grooving to the sounds of funky house, twisted electro and louche breakbeat courtesy of:

Rev. Al B Damned – A Brighton house legend and stalwart of the infamous ‘Bob’ parties.

Playing back to back with:

Viv – A DJ of many years experience who has rocked many a party, and whose eclectic style has made him an icon at parties all along the South Coast.

Mark Kane – An eclectic breakbeat set from a DJ who made himself world famous along side his protégé as one half of duo Kane & Able before moving on to a highly successful solo career.

Throughout the event you will meet our wonderful range of performers mingling with the vibrant crowd, Ringmasters on Stilts, the Nicotine Whores, Magicians, The Carnival Courtesans, Jugglers whilst viewing the works of our many artists, photographers and projectionists, making this a truly multi arts indoor mini festival.

Do I need to dress up for this event?

We have an emphasis on personal creativity and encourage people to dress up and have some fun in what ever way they feel most comfortable, whether that is a corseted vamp, a cowboy, an alien or whatever. A key part of the colour and magic of Carnival Twist comes from the sheer variety of costumes worn by our clientele. It is a safe environment where you can explore your imagination, set your creativity free and enjoy yourself to your hearts content. Fancy dress also has the advantage that any celebrities who attend the event can go unrecognised if they so choose.

Where and when is the next Carnival Twist Show?

Carnival Twist is being held in a plush, air conditioned and heated, original Victorian music hall hotel in SW9.

The Loughborough Hotel

Loughborough Road,

(just off the Brixton Road)

Angell Town

SW9

Nearest Tubes: Brixton, Oval

Bus Routes: N3, N133, N159, 333, 59

The event is being held on bank holiday Sunday 2nd May.

The Carnival Twist show will run from 6pm until 12am.

How much do tickets for Carnival Twist cost and where may I obtain them?

Tickets cost £10 + Booking Fee in advance until Friday 23rd May

£15 + Booking Fee after 23rd May

Or £20 on the door / £15 concessions and NUS

Advance tickets are available from:

www.CarnivalTwist.com www.AccessAllAreas.org

117 Kentish Town Road

Camden

NW1

EDITED_BY: Simon Twist (1082389913)

Simon Twistmember
29 posts

Posted:
So as to make this event more affordable for everyone we are offering advance tickets at the reduced price of £10 + BF exclusively to Home of Poi and the Psy Forum until Friday 23rd April when they will return to their usual price.

These tickets are available on our website www.carnivaltwist.com

at www.accessalareas.org

their shop at

117 Kentish Town Road

London NW1

or at

The Loughborough Hotel

Loughborough Road

Angell Town

London SW9

or over the phone on

0207 267 8320

We look forward to welcoming you to an entertaining evening of fantastic fun.

wave wave weavesmiley wave wave
EDITED_BY: Simon Twist (1082389823)

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
This looks excellent!

Id love to go, but unfortunately, I live in Australia wave

have a good one!

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
circus kissed burlesque? how ace, sounds a bit alright! peace!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
How lovely - last weekend was fabulous, definitely recommended!

And there's another one May 30th! Think I may be heading along to that! May 29th my birthday, May 30th Carnival Twist and May 31st Kingston Green Fair - scrummy!

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Sp!nna of the Burymember
39 posts

Posted:
MOO moo MOO.......!!! ubbloco

La Twist was most bodacious n fluffericious!! ubbrollsmile Me n rat had muchos fun!! and i loved being a paint-faced clown and causing havoc and mischeif with the other clowns, namely Dai and Hairy Ben..... Tee hEE haa ho!! ubbrollsmile ubbloco ubblol biggrin wink ubbtickled ubbrollsmile

Big hugs to all involved!! hug

more More MORE PLEASE!!!!!

See you at the next one... wave

Love Light Peas MOO Laughter & creativity a-plenty!!!
Sp!nn@
xx
biggrin

Any sightings of Moo the Cow should be urgently repoted to mooline direct on 0800 008 808. He is on the loose in the HOP pages with bodger's mash potato and may be a direct threat to jugglers! Thanks.
Neighbour-shed Watch

KiwiBexmember
69 posts

Posted:
Oh yes, Carnival Twist has the giant geisha's wholehearted approval! ubblove ubblove
If you can get there, go!

I said perhaps, and thats FINAL.

I love my length!

Simon Twistmember
29 posts

Posted:
Glad you guys enjoyed it so much, its you that makes the party rock. I look forward to seeing you all at the next one.

Spinna:
Lovely to meet you again, and lovely to see Rat again too, you made a beautiful contribution to the vibe of the night with your colourful spinning and happy clowning.
hug
S

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Simon - are the tickets for the 30th May going to £10 for pre-booking too?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Simon Twistmember
29 posts

Posted:
They are indeed Durbs, oversight on my part for not having ammended that on the on line bookling yet, have been concentrating on the 2nd, but am taking care of it. Thanks for bringing it to my attention smile smile

Sp!nna of the Burymember
39 posts

Posted:
Carnival Twist website seems to become more tripped out and exciting everyday atm!! juggle ubbloco ubbangel weavesmiley cool rolleyes hug hug biggrin ubbrollsmile weavesmiley Any photos from the recent party floating about yet?

Love Light Lunacy Laughter Loorolls Lampshades Ladybirds Lipstick n LOllypops...
Sp!nn@
weavesmiley

Any sightings of Moo the Cow should be urgently repoted to mooline direct on 0800 008 808. He is on the loose in the HOP pages with bodger's mash potato and may be a direct threat to jugglers! Thanks.
Neighbour-shed Watch

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
the last twist session was amazing! I couldn't believe how much fun was had! I hope to see many of you feelin the music at the next one as it will be a night to remmember.

hugs
drome biggrin

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

Simon Twistmember
29 posts

Posted:
Some more news on Carnival Twist for you.

The After Party is being held in 3rd Base under Mass.
Mass is a huge church that has been converted into a club opposite the Fridge in Brixton. And is a ten minute walk from the main event or a night bus journey or a short cab ride. For details please see www.mass-club.com cool

The after party will run from 11pm - 6am biggrin

Entry for those who have been to Carnival Twist will be £3 smile
For those who haven't it will be £5

The afterparty will feature Carnival Twist DJs and musicians
Plus an exclusive performance by:

The God Like Animals - a superb electro clash live band who combine high energy dance rhythms with sparkling melodies and churning riffs in a truly unique style. This is their first London gig since returning from playing in Germany. wow

Full line up dertails to follow shortly.

Carnival Twist decor and lighting supplied by Mad Brother Visions
12k Turbosound
Polished wooden dance floors
FRIENDLY security hug

Simon Twistmember
29 posts

Posted:
Here are a few photos from the last event

Non-Https Image Link

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
bump

right, who's going?

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh ohh ohh I know I know...........Princess Bells biggrin

But alas no BamBam cos she'll be bimbling with Master Cole biggrin
hehehehe

Bammy
wink

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Not me either alas, going boozing with a birthday girl in Greenwich.

No doubt it will be fab! Looking forward to the final extravaganza May 30th.

Have fun juggle

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
me me me me me me m ubbrollsmile

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
wave

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Verrrrrrrrrry small chance I might be there, will be coming up from Oxford with Mrs Durbs if I am.
I will definately be at the next one though - birthday do biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Quote:

birthday do

Birthday do by deux! I'll be 28 - what fine age will you be?

Lots of others celebrating their birthday in May too. You know what that means?

Cake, and lots of it biggrin

- W B Yeats

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
23 smile *sigh*

Although it's actually on the 16th, I'm still counting it as a birthday do wink

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Mine's on the 29th, so as my birthday is closer, I think I should get a larger piece of cake. Plus I need to work on my middle aged spread!

What was I doing when I was 23! Probably exams! This year I am determined to have a damn fine celebration - and with carnival twist having such excellent timing, think that's a given! bounce wow

- W B Yeats

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Ohh and me 28 on the 21st....lets go out and party ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

*Mwah* to you all

Lisa
XXX

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Simon Twistmember
29 posts

Posted:
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! IT'S TODAY!!! biggrin biggrin ubbloco juggle weavesmiley biggrin biggrin

faery emBRONZE Member
fae
259 posts

Posted:
oh my god what to wear what to wear!? confused
bounce hehe peace angelblue

warp children still smile the same

"when i left the mine i realised that the world was changing. or was it us who were changing?"