Forums > Other Toys > nunchucks (not necesserraly on fire)

Login/Join to Participate

thorFlaming Lesbian
181 posts

Posted:
ok, i got the bright idea in my head to make some nunchucks last night, so hope these sites can help some people who might want to start also.

link
and
link

if anybody has any other sites, especially with videos of nunchuck moves, please post em

Lights dancing off my skin as chains wrap round it.
Pain is in a little box and I'm so glad I found it.

Ebonyglidermember
56 posts

Posted:
just a suggestion...

I've found that light chains work a lot better than nylon strings. They're a little heavier which makes wraps easier to control.

Good luck making those. biggrin

Hey, I'M the BEE!

thorFlaming Lesbian
181 posts

Posted:
any suggestions on how to attach chains to my chucks?

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
how the the twisters at www.jugglingwithatwist.com
i have a pair and they are awesome. as far as ataching the chain, i dont know, but for nylon string just tie a normal not and burn it slightly so it sorta melts together.

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

thorFlaming Lesbian
181 posts

Posted:
i wanna make some with those 15" glowsticks, but they're hard to come across in these parts... they look incredible.

that's why i made the chucks actually, so when i get some 15" glowsticks, i'll be able to rip it up with em =]

Hobbitboymember
33 posts

Posted:
I think (but am not sure) that Bruce Lee produced a method book on Nunchucks. But i cant seem find it anywhere. But i'm sure it does exist. It can be a quest to find it....

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
No, Bruce Lee didn't produce a method book on nunchucks. Someone might have used his name to push their own book however. Probably easier to find Fumio Demura's book. Very basic stuff, though!
Cheers!

Hobbitboymember
33 posts

Posted:
Hehehe, ye thats wot i meant, it just never clicked when i came to type it. redface
Sorry for any confusion. rolleyes

Devilstick_RussellBRONZE Member
I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
I've made about four or five sets of Nunchuku and i've found the best method to be eyelets skrewed and glued into the ends (else they gradually twist them selves out at constant high speeds) with these special false chain links my friend found in a DIY store which are chain links with carrabina style skrew bits btween eyelet and chain. Its very importiant to over enigineer everything as when you get fast string is simply pants and ive even been through a chain in the pursute of a faster figure eight hand roll.

Does this site actually exist? Or am i talking to all my other personalities?

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
I think Nunchaku.tv has some pretty cool looped videos to learn from its mainly Two nunchaku but there are some ok ones for just one. I higly recomend learning hand spinns as there so damn satisfying and impossible with all other props. Im not sure if they are actually called that though.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
The guy doing it looks a bit too depressed for my liking...

ubblol

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
how illegal are nunchuks what are the sentances or fines etc? Really all i'm wiorried about is having mine confiscated cos they were so hard to make.

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
/me hides his behind his back

Im not sure about England, but probly the same as NZ. Which is, if the cops find them, they kick the crap outta ya, and then keep them wink for their private stash ubblol

I like devilstick...
196 posts

Posted:
days after posting about whether they'll get confiscated or not guess what happens... Yup damn police men they stole one of my two identical nunchucku so now i can't learn two any more frown. The irony is not lost on me however.

EnryoPLATINUM Member
9 posts

Posted:
Hey I haven't posted for a while but this is just the thread I was looking for!
I've been wokring with nunchuks for quite a while now and have been performing wiht fire nunchucks for a fiew months. I"m wondering if anyone knows of a good fuel that I can make colored fire with but will stay light during very high speed moves. I"ve been using white naptha and I've tried kerosene but both go out cuase the chucks go too fast.

As for making nunchucks I would recomend going to a martial art club and buying a set of foam handle nunchucks with the speed bearings. you can drill out the rivet that hold on the bearing set up and them just put on 1inch wooden handles. I"ve been doing that for years works great.

grasshoppahBRONZE Member
HoP is teh suxor.
425 posts

Posted:
fire nunchucks.....that sounds interesting smile

Once in a while you get shown the light
in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Double chucks are painful on fire unless your really quite good. There are a lot of moves that require the end of the chuck to be under some part of your body, and since heat rises and all... well you get the idea. Singles work pretty good.

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
i had the same problem with my fire nunchucks problem isn't with your fuel type its with your wick size ether make the wicks bigger to increase there durablity or make a central reserve of cotton in the middle so that as you spin them the fuel is pulled out into the wicks and refuels them

also regarding the legality of nunchucks in england there legal to own and use on in your home or a private residence however they are concidered offensive wepons so if you carry them around in public where you can easly reach them then you can be arested for them its just like a flick knife or a sword or something like that when your moveing them around you've got to have them in a bag or someware you can't quickly get to them

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

robnunchucksBRONZE Member
enthusiast
363 posts

Posted:
the trick to doing double fire nunchucks is to get into the habit of using an inversed grip by default instead of a normal grip its abit difficult to get the hang of but when you do it solves the problem of having to snap it parralel with your forarm and loseing all your arm hair smile

My nunchucks vital statictics biggrin

weight: 500g
handle lenght: 16 inches
chain length: 2 inches

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
[another necrobump]

re. heat (as in temperature wink ) you could make an insulating grip from sliced bicycle tires, wrapped around the chuck - but it will not save you from burning your shoulder by the flame when you tuck the chuck...

I find fire chucks extremely challenging...

"Fire doesn't burn Chuck Norris - Chuck Norris roundhouse kicks fire in the face"

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink

qwertycoderBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:

fire chucks are my passion, and they are difficult. you really have to spin them differently on fire.

this is the build i used for mine.

FireTomStargazer
6,650 posts

Posted:
epic

we definitely need a nun-chuck smiley grin

the best smiles are the ones you lead to wink