Forums > Social Chat > You might be a fire spinner if...

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Ok, it had to be done, so I am doing it.

YOU MIGHT BE A FIRE SPINNER IF:

*You have set fire to your clothes more than three times in your life.

*(Men only) you have hit yourself hard in the nads at least five times in one day.

*You are no longer bothered by the puzzled look on the cashier's face as she rings you up for three cans of white gas and a pack of bic lighters.

*You always have a lighter on you, even though you don't smoke.

*Your idea of a good time is to spend a night making strangers stop and stare at you.

Any others?

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

bassjunkiemember
24 posts

Posted:
I love the persil bag idea! Loads on order!

... when your optician tests you for glaucoma every 6 monts because of the chemical residues (and iritation) you alway seem to have in your eyes.

... when the same optician ofers you safety specs coz you always seem to be braking normal ones.

... when your girlfriend knows youre not sneaking off to get drunk with your mates or to see another woman... it's a fire affair.

If music is the expression of emotion, politics is merely the decoy of perception.I sing with fire.

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
whats with the trolleys?? it was on another thread too, the story about the boy and george bush?
Its actually really funny, cos a friend of mine did a short documentary on the abuse of trolleys.. it was VERY funny, he even did an impression of that famous animal documentay guy, cant remember his name!!

~ If your internet browser is set on HoP as the home page.....

Fire... A bushmans telly

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Just out of interest, how many people do have HoP as their browser home page? I do

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
lets start a new thread for that

Fire... A bushmans telly

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
You own a lighter that's slightly more powerful than a jet engine.

You always have bruises/mild burns on your arms and legs, yet have no idea where they came from.

You spend all day on HoP when you should be revising for your finals/writing essays.

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
oops...homework... what's that?

in addition to the bruises, i submit weird cut sthat came from no where... i didn't have them before i went out to poi....

if you ask the person in the pet store if they haev this specific type of dog chain, and they say no, but what size is your dog.... and you then answer, i don't have a dog..... (actually, used to, but still.)

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
1: when the shop next door sells kero!! like mine hehe
2: the cats run a mile when they see tennis balls and know they arnt toys for them.
3: when you spend half you evening on HOP waiting for it to get dark.
4: when you have blisters on your fingers from spinning too much.
5: if your name is cantus.
6: if you dedicate your time to organise fire meets.
7: you cant stop talking about poi.
8: you can spin when you can doi it on a unicycle, looks at charles.
9: all the kids in town go thats the guy that spins fire.
10: when a 2 beat weave looks kewl even to children.
11: when you can make good threads like this one.
12: did i mention cantus?
13: when you dont want a job and spend 8 hours aday or more spinning every day with out fail (kato) 14: i will let you know any more that come to my fragile brain.....

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
¬can you realy leave home with out poi?.
¬when your chicks moans at you for spending too much time either spinning or spinning with poi friends.
¬when your chick moans at you for spending too much time doing other poi related things such as checking HOP.
¬when you travel half the country just to meet other spinners.
¬when you dream about spinning and move around doing new poi moves in your sleep.
¬when you spin at the tram stop waiting to go into town.
¬you spin to trip ravers out for fun!
¬anyone have access to a nightclub during the daytime just to spin in? see what i mean about can you realy leave home with out poi?
¬when your chick maons at you cos your taking your poi to greece for that 2 week holiday, your suposed to be going with her to relaxe on the beach, (fuck that beaches are fer spinning fire on)
¬when you can justify spening over 200£ on one set of glow toys.

¬you might be a fire spinner if... you can spin right now cos you finished this post.
insane.............

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
oe oe oe Iv'e got one (again)
It dosn't matter how much you spin without fire you cant figure out why you still smell of kero.
(even the day after and all the kids at skool think you make napalm or like disposing evidence for the police)
fireboy

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

sarah...member
339 posts

Posted:
you leave parties early when youve for gotten your poi and all you want to do is twirl..
ie. tonight

Fire... A bushmans telly

Helmember
9 posts

Posted:
- When you're perfectly willing to max out your credit card just to go to the International Gathering in New Zealand next year!

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
-you have to assure your parents that the cops are ok with spinning every time you go out in public
-you walk around spinning with imaginary poi
-you hear a good spinning song and it makes you think of new moves

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
-When your non spinning friends develope that glassy stare on mention of the words "great new trick!"

-when the peaple in your home town STOP staring at the guy with three sticks, two chains and sunglasses.

-when small children come close enough to make you stop and say "why do you do that?"

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

fireboyAn angry young man with a passon for metal
252 posts

Posted:
You might be a spinner if....
- fire is more interesting that your last ex's personallity (true with my last ex )
- Rather spin fire and fire brethe/eat thatn get blind drunk at a party
- steal the glowstick/s off your friends 3 second after they activate them
- when YOUR MUM Asks to use your kero to give your brother a kero bath when he contacted nits hahahahahaha
- HoP is your homepage
-spend at least 16 hours a week juggling twrilling or poi-ing.

Fireboy

<<SINister miNISister>>
remeber kids jesus slaves

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
*Every time you're stopped at a traffic light, your hands start moving as if you were spinning.

*Sometimes you get so into it that the person behind you has to honk when the light turns green to remind you that you're supposed to be driving.

-Mike

Randommember
43 posts

Posted:
you have given up cutting your hair and just let natural selection take over.

smoking makes you look cool His Majestys personal Elvis

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
I got residency at a club! X-Calibur just south of Charlotte!!!

You get laid from spinning!

The 'Lighter Game" finally paid off! (I got 36 in one night not too long ago!)

You start to quote this thread to the other firedancers you know whenever something ironically humorous comes up that was mentioned here...

Your hands and arms are striped...

You go out partying and would rather spin than get f**ked up...

You get f**ked up and would rather spin than breathe...

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
You have ever gotten your picture in the paper and made sure to plug HoP!

(Had a small write up a week ago. www.homeofpoi.com appeared in print. I luvs you guys!)

I plugged the shop, Malcolm!

[ 09 May 2002, 20:01: Message edited by: glowshow ]

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I'm glad everyone is enjoying this thread so much!

*Your medical school class website has a photo of you spinning fire.

(Just want to say, for the record, that I was not drunk or otherwise altered, in spite of the caption)

-Mike

Kendermember
33 posts

Posted:
-People you work with look at you funny when you explain what your doing in the parking lot-
-All of your clothes have little patches of black on them-
-You spend more than a 1/3 of your day thinking about the moves you'll be doing and in what order later that nite-
-You smack things at work cuz your spinning your telephone cord-
-You get into trouble for spinning your phone cord -
-When someone askes you what the most interesting thing about you is and you can reply "I spin fire as a hobby" -

-= Kender =-

-------------
"Dawn would come, and I would start to feel my own sunrise, and you'd just lie....sleeping" - Crash Test Dummies

dig_for_firemember
7 posts

Posted:
...along the lines of spinning to music:

you've fantasized about twirling to 'I'm Your Venus' (the bananarama version, of course) or 'disco inferno'

::Spatula City!::

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
New one

*People who you don't recognize run up to you on the street, address you by name, and ask you to spin fire.

Peace.

-Mike

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
You've been playing w/ fire since the age of 4.

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
ever tried spining those little head/ear phones?
i was listening to music on my cd player and took off the little dudes and spun 'em.
wasn't very productive but it was fun...

peace and love
Acid

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
*bump*

(Looks like we have another thread on this topic getting started)

-Mike

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
if your flatmate bans you from carrying grocery bags because you spin them...

if you are out on the town and your friend suddenly asks you why you are always spinning your handbag and you didnt realise you were doing it...

if you borrow someone elses security pass on a string, because it feels "uneven" just spinning with yours...

you might be a juggler if!:
you are at a bbq and you start throwing sauce bottles/ sticks/ frisbees/ small children/ anything really, and are constantly having ppl point it out to you... (*hint hint falloutboy!)

`

Currently on the right side up of the world.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
you go, rockstar! with the passes. you go. rockstar.

later at the barbecue you start spinning inner tubes around your arms and throwing them in the air like circus rings. (it really is fun!)

you are making up moves in your head on the airplane whlie practicing for the show in your mind

you can divine your way to the paraffin area of any wal mart or grocery store in 2 minutes flat

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
You go straight to the pet section of HEB for choke chains

You are waiting in line at HEB and twirling those dog collars because you have been without Poi for six months cause you lost them for awhile and then had them stolen from you.

and

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
So, you know those lanyard pens they have, where there's a loop of cord on the cap of the pen? Well, i'm working (pathetic 12 hrs a week ) as vendor rep and the company gives out those pens with the company logo on 'em. I just happen to have one...

When you send the pen part flying off a balcony at a mall because the tape you taped it down with (hey, you're not stupid, right?) came loose while you were practising arm wraps while walking back from lunch. (today )...

When you tape foam around the pen cap (pen part is long gone, flew off into mall somewhere) so that when you rap your knuckles practising the wrist wrap it won't bleed this time. (today)...

When, by the time you leave a store, the clerks are digging around looking for more of those promotional lanyard pens and asking if it hurts when you hit yourself ("why no, it doesn't hurt at all..." :devil smiley: ) (yesterday)...

When your boss tells you to quit spinning the damn promo pens (Prob tomorrow )...

When you buy a chiminea and/or patio heater so you can practise when it's cold (no rooms in my house big enough to spin in without emptying out all the furniture...)...

When you carry your spare triggers around in your jacket pocket and slip them on and off to break them in...

When you judge whether it's a cute outfit by its fire-resistance...

When your heavily tattooed friend sees you whack yourself and says "I couldn't do that... That looks painful" ...

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

queen of wandsmember
127 posts

Posted:
When you absent-mindedly practice without equipment.

I'm not vegetarian, but currently I'm off my chops!

Page: ...