Page: ...
AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
does anyone have any tips or advice or anything to share about dying dreadlocks?

I've had mine for quite a few years, and, well, umm, redface I'm going a bit grey umm, and I'd actually like to dye that out.... but it's been soooooooooooo long since I've dyed my hair, and have never died dreadies, so... ubbloco any tips?

(sorry to the mods if this is in the wrong spot...)

ubbrollsmile

Sparklygreenfire*Green Spirit*
201 posts

Posted:
Gothfrogette...bless, you'll be picking me up on it now...lol

Wrapping...hair wraps, like braids...you know with embroidery thread or wool!! Really funky colourful ones yay!! If I come to play I may set up my own lil stall and do some...

Are you a robot...or an alien?

alien_oddityCarpal \'Tunnel
7,193 posts

Posted:
i really must get an up to date photo of my dreadlings and the beads i been making. i've got a few dreads totally encased in different patterned beads thats about as close to wraps as i'd have biggrin

201 posts

Posted:
Ooooo...sounds nice! I remember when I first did my dreads, I went to Ireland and had a wrap put in, I left it there for over a year and now I can still see the dent where it was tied at the root. It's well long now...that whole section is dreaded and it's the neatest dread I have. Wrapping is really good for dreading roots!! biggrin

7,193 posts

Posted:
well PM me or my partner in crime for dread/wrap beads wink

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
hurry up ravehead and get that photo up!

Dread beads, ubblove

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

7,193 posts

Posted:
frown i wont have access to a camera until next week sometime

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
hah hah no way ravehead i only have a handful in my hair...but i got a big eye and a beautiful mushroom in mine..so that makes up for it..!

Ah Leah sorry I havent sent out your beads yet, i been busy making some to make money but you'll get them soon! hug

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
hug Lianne, you're so sweet! I'll have to start making something cool for you! (you may be waiting for awhile, I'm not very clever!!) biggrin ha ha. I want to see a photo of all these pretties ubbangel

I did my first wrap on my dreadlings last night. I got out my left over wool and did one with yellow and blue. It turned out pretty well too. Yay!

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine, go into your brain and that's where shitty idea's come from.

7,193 posts

Posted:
leah...........i can send you some of my beads if you like hug

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
oh yes please! PM on it's way. clap clap

201 posts

Posted:
Oooooo...everyones getting Funky!! bounce biggrin
Went to Bournemouth Fire fest yesterday, girls...is it me, or are guys with dreads just damn cute? ubblol ubblove angel2

GothFrogetteBRONZE Member
grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
nope its not just you, lol ubblove and ginger dreads are my uber fave... i have ahuge thing for ginger's anyway but with the combi of dreads, half nakedness and spinning fire resulting in that yummy smell of parafin *Drools* ubblol

*goes for a cold shower*

Life's too short to worry about where you put your marshmallows

201 posts

Posted:
Hahahaha...wkd!! I thought my lil boy was gonna be ginger, his dad is...but he's blonde!
Yeah, dreads on guys is certainly cute...shorter ones(say sholder length or just under), with a head band, or dread hat!! Yum....
Not really interested in hooking one at the min tho, but I can admire dready cuteness from a distance..
biggrin

7,193 posts

Posted:
redface that pretty much described my dreadlings ubblol
biggrin

201 posts

Posted:
Hahahaha...Blushing

(Hides)

biggrin

burningoftheclaveySILVER Member
lurking like a ninja with no camouflage..
926 posts

Posted:
mmmmmm yes dreads on guys very shexheh.... but unfortunately my boyf is dreadless....not trying to persuade him to get them at all no not me...
angel2 ubblol

and on kids, looks soooo so cute!

there are some pics on my myspace not very good ones and from a few months back but myspace.com/clavegotburnt ..... I think... smile

on spam robots - "Burn the robot! Melt him down, and then we can make lots and lots of money from his shiiiny juices!"

Owned by Brenn smile

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
mine is dreadless too frown he would never have it done either which kinda sucks esp as he is ginger *drools*
my youngest wanted dreads before he had his hair cut off frown but the thought of head lice made it seem like far too much hasstle.

nice pics on myspace BTW loverly dreads

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
all these comments make me miss my dreads even more redface

but then i jus have to pick up my staff n do some contact n realise why they arent there anymore

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
 Written by: simta

but then i jus have to pick up my staff n do some contact n realise why they arent there anymore

ubblol

sweet - i was at the fire festy watching this dreaded guy attempt contact - he was good but kept getting stuck - i offerd him some friendly advice, which was:

"If you ever want to get good with the back of your neck - get a haircut"

So he didnt feel so bad i said hoodies were a problem too, then attempted to show him that hoodies were a problem as i was wearing one, sadley i pulled off what i was supposed to screw up.........

so anyway, the moral of the story - good contact staff - short hair smile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

what the hell does contact staff have to do with your pubes?

wink

Step (el-nombrie)

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol

Gay.

umm

smile

Getting to the other side smile

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
 Written by: _Clare_

ubblol

Gay.

umm

smile

also known as strugz

Step (el-nombrie)

grumpy poorly froggy
3,999 posts

Posted:
i have given up trying to contact staff, so am ok with my hair biggrin

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol

Ahhh... Mister Strugz... sure, what would life be if you didn't have friends who repeatedly took the piss out of you on a public forum?

Dull. I suspect. Uhuh.

Perhaps even quite sad. Awww.

wink

hug2

Getting to the other side smile

Neon_ShaolinGOLD Member
hehe, 'Member' huhuh
6,120 posts

Posted:

Another one bites the dust... biggrin

"I used to want to change the world, now I just wanna leave the room with a little dignity..." - Lotus Weinstock

201 posts

Posted:
 Written by: burningoftheclavey

Awwwww...totally, infact kids with dreads beat any bloke with dreads any day, they are the cutest!! My son wanted em for a while but then his dad talked him out of it, told him he only looks smart with short hair. Course, I'm bringing my son up to be happy whatever his appearance...but no, daddy had to throw that one in there. Personally I would love my son however he has his hair, so yeah...Daddy and I had words!!

simtaBRONZE Member
compfuzzled
1,182 posts

Posted:
 Written by: strugz

ubblol

sweet - i was at the fire festy watching this dreaded guy attempt contact - he was good but kept getting stuck - i offerd him some friendly advice, which was:

"If you ever want to get good with the back of your neck - get a haircut"

So he didnt feel so bad i said hoodies were a problem too, then attempted to show him that hoodies were a problem as i was wearing one, sadley i pulled off what i was supposed to screw up.........

theres tht video of that guy aidan who does stuff with that big scarf around his neck i was like confused

and good to hear ur at southern lights dude, be good to see u

"the geeks have got you" - Gayle

7,193 posts

Posted:
 Written by: Sparklygreenfire

Written by: burningoftheclavey

Awwwww...totally, My son wanted em for a while but then his dad talked him out of it, told him he only looks smart with short hair.

I'm bringing my son up to be happy whatever his appearance...but no, daddy had to throw that one in there....Daddy and I had words!!

ubblol give it 10years and i'll be feeling the wrath of my girls mother for the opposite biggrin talkig her into getting dread wink

7,193 posts

Posted:
-------------------------BUMP-------------------------

photo's now in, PM me and i'll send them to you wink

~Leah~GOLD Member
addict
584 posts

Posted:
you're photo's are great rave. Very nice dreads and beads indeed.

Page: ...