Page:
arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
okay, ssso i just wwent to walmart tonight to bbbuy airplane shipping bins, and i saw, at the end of the aisle even, FIRE DANCE BARBIE. didn't hang around long enough to actually look at the box...ran away, actually... is anyone else freaking out? is this where it's going now?

(well, me, i've been working on some little sculptured figurines ((to sell on our website)) of fairies, a four piece elemental series... *shivers* i guess i'll scrap that idea now.)

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
Oohhh, children, children... The thing is, someone at Mattel figured out that there are an astonishing amount of Pagan/Goth people who will buy ANYTHING Pagan/Goth. My friend Zoe is almost one of them, she has all of the Elemental Barbies, she has oh, geez, is it Guinevere Barbie and Lancelot Ken, or some other English Legend, long fabulous dress characters? There may be a Morgain LeFay Barbie... She has what i refer to as Queen of the May Barbie, where her dress is flowerprint fabric and you flip a little thingie and the front panels of the skirt pop up and there's an underskirt with big ole 3D fabric flowers all over it. Barbies are a lot more varied and wild than we'd think. My little cousin has Paleontologist Barbie (from the Girls Can Be Anything! series, which also has Neurosurgeon Barbie). Her grandma, who is a paleogal, says it's all accurate except for the platform-heel desert boot necessitated by Barbie's freak feet. Hey, there's one they could do! The Oppression Around The World! series with Footbinding Barbie in a kimono and Genital Mutilation Barbie in whatever she would wear... *yes, i'm a goddam sicko*

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

Jade Lynxmember
239 posts

Posted:
...and by the way, arashi, getting your mind twisted is whatcha get for going into WalMart in the first place! *wish we had a good laugh smilie*

We got the MikeZ in the house, woot!Glue the ham, hat baby!

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
wha? it just shouldn't go like that

¿

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
Hey, I wasn't the one making charbies! It was my friend. She gave me one for Christmas or something. Actually I think the one she gave me was a new kids on the block doll, so it got what it deserved.

One time years ago another friend and I were really high and named all our friends after barbie and ken dolls. I was dominatrix barbie and my boyfriend at the time was gimp ken.

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
quote:
There I was thinking someone was organising a fire dance barbie (aussie for barbeque
yeah thats what i thought too!!!
Oh my GOD, i feel volated, damn consumerism !!! is nothing scared?!?! noooo i dont want to be heaped in with pop culture noooo

It's all good

pantsonfirethe man with the flaming pants
148 posts

Posted:
quote:
There I was thinking someone was organising a fire dance barbie (aussie for barbeque
yeah thats what i thought too!!!
Oh my GOD, i feel volated, damn consumerism !!! is nothing scared?!?! noooo i dont want to be heaped in with pop culture noooo

It's all good

Feemember
80 posts

Posted:
Well fire dance barbie does not exist... yet bondage barbie surely does ... thanx to my 8yr old sister lmao.... i was walkin down the hall and theres barbie, tied round the chest to her bed.... her wrists were tied together with a hairtie, as were her feet. I asked my lil sis what she was thinkin of when she did it and she said "i dunno... i think barbie was being bad"

Dominatrix in the making if you ask me rotflmao

Fee

Why do you like to confuse me so?

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
My boyf made me a 'Puke Barbie' as a 21st present, was very cool. Firepoi Barbie is a bit scary though (I'm melting..............

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
just bumping this thread because if your interested in firedance barbie, you might want to look here.

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
wanted to bump this thread since , you know, tis the season to consume.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Quite like the idea of using barbie's as wicks, plastic burning makes the most amazing sound

A useless piece of trivia : Barbie's full name (someone actually went to the bother ) is Barbara Milicent Rodgers.

Go figure...

Don't worry, be happy...

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
i think she needs to get her name changed before the whole world finds out huh.

Page: