Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
At last! My first forray into fire photography!

https://www.geocities.com/jangla2001/800_jangla_fire.jpg

Wicked!

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
Very cool Pic, Jangla. Very cool.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Thank you N8. There are 5 more with a shorter exposure time which look a lot neater but the focus is way out of wack so they don't look very 'crisp'...shame really but I will certainly be getting more done - it's quite strange to see the results and be able to say, 'I did that'.

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Phwoar mate, the photo's wikkid!
you must be a fast twirler with firey lines that thin and straight! If you make the camera flash at the end, u can make a spirit photo.
ooooh spooky.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
It was pretty quick but I think that shot come from the end of the burn - kinda got carried away and they popped out a coupla seconds after the shot was taken - oops! No smouldering resulted though - phew!

I got the photo bug though - it's a real buzz to ba able to see yourself frozen in time.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
ummmm........don't know if you can help but I'm wondering what shutter speed are best for getting good pictures of the trails....Or if it's better just to do it manually?

Thanks xx

Great pic by the way. Yay Really good indeed

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Mine was done manually - we had no idea so we played around with times of 1 second and above. I guess it depends on the skill of the photographer. Ideally you would want one complete move int he shot so you have to time that and then ajust your shutter to fit.