TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
Right, i know that i've not been spinning long (i'll try to big myself up here; ive been off uni for month so practised ALL day and every day)

BUT

I dont expect that standard matters when you slash your hand open on the bloody shiny sticky tape on the middle of your feckin staff!!

got my glostaff yesterday so focused on that and thought my palm tingled at work today. got home, picked up staff, ten mins later blood running down my hand from the skin inbetween my fingers.

am typing one handed and wondering if i can go to work tomorrow... its dangerous this hobby!

does anyone suggest any type of glove when spinning? i used to use cycling gloves when i started.. should i try them again??

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Yes, perhaps you should. Or maybe get rid of the shiney sticky tape.

Jesus helps me trick people.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I have you got weak skin or something? Reading books must be potentially lethal for you. Constant danger of papercuts....

Meh

TwirlyVicnorthern monkey
235 posts

Posted:
well the tape went straight away in a fit of anger and i havent got weaek skin at all, havent bruised once from any thing in ages and thats the first time ive got myself in a looooooong time. plus my boyfriend was complaining of the same thing so i'm not a freak!

vic xx

ex-hop-aholic, now inconsistent lurker...

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
it was kinda like sy cutting himself with his poi handles cantus

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by TwirlyVic:
...slash your hand open on the bloody shiny sticky tape on the middle of your feckin staff!!
picked up staff, ten mins later blood running down my hand from the skin inbetween my fingers.

Twirly, sorry to hear aboot your injury (me unsincerely pretends that it was my fault) it sounds like a finger webbing prob - something helpful to know is that i used to get this when 'vigourously' poi-ing and solved the prob by changing the way i hold it (the poi! ) if the way you grip ya staff is similar to the way i used to grip the poi handles, then the solution is (wet! ) to emphasise more of your grip down from your webbing to your palm, using the webbing only when necessary (eg finger twirling, finger flourishes, finger food...) esp not with throws+catches!!

hope this helps more than a blow to the head!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Yes but, to be fair, Sy gets injured by everything. He's a walking magnet for pain and mayhem. Luckily he's usually too drunk or stoned to notice....

Meh