Page:
DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Was reading BBC news this morning and found this. What do you think. I couldn't handle anything in my eyes so this is a defo no no for me.. eek

Interested to see what it'd look like though...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

TheSilverShadowBRONZE Member
Uncle Chop Chop
213 posts

Posted:
I was reading bou it in good old Metro looks pretty crazy, like deepsoulsheep said in the previous post, wouldn't be able to handle anythig in my eye, and for £300 odd quid for some doctor to shove a little heart thing in me eye don't sound too tempting.

Wonder what they'll come up with next ubbidea

"Do you know what the Phantom is??"
--------------

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I reckon its alright- in a way its no weirder than putting a contact lense in as long as it doesn't have any long-term effects.

one phrase does spring to mind though:
"beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...

personally it looks kinda crap to me! ubbloco

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I made me cringe reading the story...

I dont like things in my eye.

What i would like to know is how did they come up with the idea of sticking a stud into someone's eye? confused

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

ShawnieGOLD Member
Captain Shawnie the Dreaded
126 posts

Posted:
I don't think it's for me. It's pretty expensinve..Call me old fashioned but I'm sort of against having foreign objects put into my eyes. You never know though. Minds change.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
It isnt really the same as having contact lenses. Contacts are to improve vision, this stud thing could potentially damage it. Also contacts are taken out every night, this seems permanent.

What if the stud migrates into your eye?? Thats entirely possible, piercings migrate lots, this thing could leave you blind.

I thought when they decided to put jewellery in teeth they'd gone too far but this is waaay too extreme and completely pointless. In that pic it looks horrible! Bad Dutch scientists!! spank

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
pink say
Quote:

What i would like to know is how did they come up with the idea of sticking a stud into someone's eye?

erm, probably the same way they came up with the idea of sticking studs in all the other places they stick 'em.
and they stick 'em in some odd places already. But you knew that... wink

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Quote:

What i would like to know is how did they come up with the idea of sticking a stud into someone's eye? confused

The eye is/was probably the only bodypart left that hasn't been pierced already (apart from that mad thing that Marilyn Manson has going on, but that's more of an 'eye modification') .

... I honestly can't think of any bodypart now that hasn't been.....?

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
the spleen?

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
ubblol

ok, external body parts...

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
i haven't seen webbing (between toes/fingers/finger and thumb) piercings yet but maybe i just haven't looked hard enough...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
It's been done. Don't know about toes, but I've seen it done between the finger and thumb. The guy I seen it on also had about 200 studs in his face.....

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i haven't seen webbing (between toes/fingers/finger and thumb) piercings yet but maybe i just haven't looked hard enough...

A mate of mine had the webbing between her little finger and the one next to it. It didn't really look that great and grew out within three weeks so was a waste of £30 really!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

ugoAgogoBRONZE Member
112 posts

Posted:
shivery shiver shiver a doo

that looks like one of the most uncomftobubble things i have ever seen ever

it would feel like when your riding along on a bicycle(not backwards) real fast and a fly goes straight in ur eye. . . . ow ow ow eek

anyhowohyna

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. . . . . . . . . . . . . ZAP

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Erm... EW!

My eyes are bad enough (vision wise) I don't need something going in it and screwing them even more! Especially since I could go blind from retinal detatchment if something hits my eye. (either one of them) So, that thing definately wouldn't be good for me. And what if it gets infected, because you play with it too much as people tend to do with new piercings?? Ew!!! I think not.

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
I'm all for piercings, but, uh.... I think this is just a tad erm...yeah... ^^;

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
when i read the title of your post i thought you were going to be talking about eyebrow piercings or something like that...

how strange would it feel! like having an eyelash caught in your eye...permenantly!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
oh man that makes me cringe. i couldnt cope with that i hate things near my eyes. id never even consider contacts let alone that

looks like those twinkies those tooth stud things??
they look horrible too, yes its a little heart but im too far away to see it so it looks like dirt on your teeth

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
As part of my nurse training I spent a few months working on an ophthalmology (eye) ward and one of the major things I came away with was NEVER EVER put anything in your eyes that doesn’t need to be there. In such a short time the number of people who came in with things stuck in their eyes was amazing the most common was those color contacts made me throw mine away I can tell you. All I can saw is if you want to put something in you eye you should sign a form saying if I loose my sight its my fault for putting this stupid thing in hear in the first place.

And to all those who are about to shout at me over the contact thing if you really must have the color thing go to a repeatable company who make prescription contacts like Boots or Speck Savers or something that way you are guaranteed quality products

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

SpArKiE*shiny shiny*
218 posts

Posted:
ok thats the weirdest thing ive ever seen.... well- not really. ive seen weirder. but yeah...

i think it looks pretty cool. i dunno bout having it in my eye all the time. but to have one u could put in for a night... that glowed or sumfin or was u.v for parties- that'd be funky... well thats what i personally think.

so on the looks department it looks ok. but on the safety aspect- what the hell are thinking?! it could move, probly gouge the inside of ya eyelid. *shudders*

Quote:

coleman- u havent been lookin hard enough. LOL. seen sumone with the web between their thumb and 1st finger done.
my friend just had her madison done... which is the area between ya collarbone. it looks like a necklace with out the chain.

And wherever you've gone and wherever we might go. It don't seem fair. Today just disappeared.

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
ewewewewewewew! that looks horribly incredibly painful! piercings and tatoos are fine with me, but there is a point where you can take things too far.

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
ok....its look kinda alright, but the safety aspects of it would way out the option of having it done for me. what if you started rubbing your eye, and it moved and stratched your eyeball? *shudder*

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Urgh! Willful endagerment of a primary sense.

My mate found that his dog's eyedrops glow in UV light, so now he uses them when he's raving (in more than one sense of the word).

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Eeeeeeekkk! i read it in the paper. What will be next. This is just frightening, what if impressionable kids start having it done when the price comes down? cos it will eventually.
Its scary that is actually put between the protective layer of the eye and the eyeball itself (apparently) how much eye damage could that cause, arggggghhh!!. eek

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

Blue light hunterGOLD Member
stranger
22 posts

Posted:
soo stuff in your eyes. Interesting, I think it would look very cool, uv eyes would be damm cool, but can you imagin kids with silly things and what would you always be happy with?? Can it be reversed?? eek

There are three rules about the monkey in the cage. The first is “we do not speak about the monkey in the cage”. The second is “we do not speak about the monkey in the cage!!!”
The third is not to feed him after midnight or ever get him wet......

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
eek i heard also there's these contacts that even make you look like a cat. There's this guy that goes to Melb bush parties wif em and it freaks me out confused
if you know what eye mean.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Someone told me you can get contacts that have yellow smiley faces on them like this smile

Statutory paraphernalia for freaking people like bender out at parties....."I think it's time for you to go home now" muuuhahahaha! ubblol

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
I've even seen contacts with NFL team logos on them! Talk about rabid fans! ubbrollsmile

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i heard also there's these contacts that even make you look like a cat. There's this guy that goes to Melb bush parties wif em and it freaks me out
if you know what eye mean.

I hear he posts on HOP sometimes. And that his name is Bill. hug

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

squarefishSILVER Member
(...trusty steed of the rodeo midget...)
403 posts

Posted:
Hmm,
intewesting,
Just read an article on this in the new scientist magazine, and the creator said that he tried to get the "CE mark" for his invention, this is a form of accreditation in the EU.

He was unable to get it however, not because it was refused, but because this does not count as a medical device. IE. it falls into the same catagory as peircings.

Apparently platinum clips have been used previously to hold replacement lenses in place over the eye, and devices exist which relieve presure on the interior of the eye which are implanted in almost exactly the same way.

So this could be seen as simply an addaptation of existing technology, albeit a nasty one. confused

Has ther been any feed back from the volunteers who had the procedure performed? What does it feel like, is it like having contacts in? How thick is the piece of platinum? confused2

My own opinion is still: Urrr!
with a side order of :Yuck!
-M- nana

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
The whole thing gives me the creeps! All I can think of when I see the pic is what will happen to the eye when you rub it. Yuk. umm

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

Page: