Forums > Social Chat > Parents who are they??

Login/Join to Participate

MEERCATBRONZE Member
A Meerkat that eats chicken
194 posts

Posted:
Hello
I dont post on here much but i am in depths of sadness... all i want to know is why parents inforce that they are always right,when they arnt,all they cause is pain and hurt. people dont ever spot the signs do they??? ubbcrying i know i am drunk right now i probably wont responed to anything peple say back caus ei am shy when i am sober "sorry" not that i expect mch back this is a stpid post dont now why i am doing itbut i feel like i need somthing ?? dont kno what??sum GUIDENCE helll knows byebye every one i dont know you but spinng has for me been the source of pleasure and beauty in my life i saw angels come down for us from heaven theres no death just you an me...we are angels ........................ ubbcrying

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
You need lot's of these! hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug They think they are right because they care. they not trying to drag you down they do what they think is right even when in actuality it isn't.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

ShawnieGOLD Member
Captain Shawnie the Dreaded
126 posts

Posted:
We all have parents and we all know that parents are rather strange.
Sending happy vibes to you! hug

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
It tough, for both you and them. They just don't want to to make the same mistakes that they did. We just have to love them and tolerate them when they drive us nuts. Have some of these hug hug hug hug

hug hug wave wave

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
well, drunk posting is definitely fun...

parents have a different perspective of the world, because they want to ensure your protection and safety. their defnitiion of the best thing for you is different, because they have seen much more of this scary big world, and also were your age once as well.

the problem often is that you feel that youre old enough to make your own decisions. independance from parents is part of being grown up. when i was 15 i thought i could make my own choices - compared to when i was 12!. when i was 18, i realised how young and naive i was when i was 15. i hit 21, i look back on how inexperienced i was at 18. i realise now this will continue for most of my life. you will never stop growing and developing yourself.

parents in general will think about how they themselves acted at your age [i have no idea how old you are], and think of some of the mistakes they made, and how much they have learnt about the world and life in general since then. it becomes complicated when the parental instinct conflicts with teenage independance.

its not about whos right and who's wrong. they merely have a different perspective of whats right and wrong, and being parents, have the authority.

you encounter people who have authority over you,yet still make bad decisions, all the time in the real world. its not always fair, but since when has life been fair...

what were those song lyrics? "Get to know your parents, you never know when they
might be gone for good."

when they do something that pissed you off, rather than getting emotional and angry ask them why they have that opinion. you may just find it makes you think differently.

oh dear. i really dont think ive explained things well at all. oh well, ill come back to edit later.

in the meantime, heres some hugs.
hug hug hug hug hug hug

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Why are parents like they are? Simple. They had to put up with loads of crap from their own parents and they get to take out their revenge on their children.

When you spawn you get to give your child a name that they will hate, pull out embarressing baby photos and shout "What time do you call this?" while forgetting about your own past.

It's the law.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Parenthood is a minefield and the most important job a person can have. It is also a job where most of the training is on the job.
I have three boys and they are a constant source of joy and sorrow and exasperation and sanity.

But I often make mistakes and am far from a perfect parent. Looking back ay my mum she was damn close to a perfect parent. hug

Try looking from your parents point of veiw at why they are making their decisions.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
since i've grown up (well, some might argue otherwise) i think i've come to respect and love my parents much more than when i was going through my teens and they seemed like mis-understanding enemies. i reckon parenthood could be the biggest challenge i'm ever gonna have to face (hopefully not in the near future) and am hoping i deal with it as well as my parents have with me becuase, believe me, they had a tough job!

anyway let me join everyone else in giving you some of these hug hug hug hug hug hug

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett