PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I was recently talking to a hop friend and both basically at the same path thinking ?...

Well what do i want from life

Feeling a little lost at the moment .....

So thats the Question is it just me or do our views change as we get older and wiser ?.

And what do you want ?.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
It's not just you. What I wanted out of life a few years ago is so completely different from what I want now that it's kinda scary smile

What do I want? Uh...I'm sh!t at explaining things, so I'm not even gonna try... biggrin

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
two things:
your life changes,
your needs/wants change.

If we accept all this change (Dukkha) as the concept of the impermanent universe,
then it is easier to accept that our personalities tend to shift every seven years. Hence our needs, wants (beyond the physiological of course!)
The key IMHO is that the focus should be on what truly brings happiness.
is it more money? is it a date with Ani difranco? is it inner peace?
If you just want to be happy in each moment, it is a great irony to know just how much spiritual development it takes to learn how easy and unconditional simple happiness is.

On the issue of wisdom, it is a given that we cannot help but get older, but we don't necessarily get wiser with time. Experience is a catalyst for growth, but it can only open the door. I feel that the organ between your ears is like any muscle in the body - use it more and it will grow big and huge and show-offable-at-the-beach, conversely callenging it less will lead to atrophy.

soo.. i guess the question remains, what do I want?
What i want most right now is to be madly in love with life!
every moment ubblove

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I want meditation. I want expression. I want freedom.

more often than not I want no one to watch me while I spin cause I really want to 'let go'

I want to spin in the rain and feel the power of both of the elements (fire and water) combined

ahhh I want to be a respected twirler who will share with others and learn from others as a balance.

I want to meet more hoppers and embrace them as part of my beautiful family and learn more about each and every one of them

kiss

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
What do I want from life? smiles, really good friends, and enough money to survive on (I really just don't want to live on the streets or be forced to spend more than a few nights on the couches of friends without at least paying my fair share). I've learned that money isn't everything, and that I would much rather have good friends and people who really care about me than more money.

I don't necessarily think that what we want changes as we get older, but I do think that who we are changes.

Do our views change? Absolutely. As we learn more, we also learn to interpret what we previously believed in or thought. We adapt our thoughts based on our previous experiences as well as our current situations. If we encountered something in the past, and it turned out not so good, well, the next time we see something similar, we alter how we respond - hopefully with a better outcome.

To me, change is a very good thing. My life is much richer now than it was 5 years ago.

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
Nice post Bender! smile

--

I want to have a positive influence on my community, and have a good happy and healthy life at the same time smile

community means a lot of things, happy means a lot of things, and so does healthy.

If you dont know what you want out of life, you might as well go travelling. Thats what most people seem to do, and a few actually find something in their heads while doing it. better than wasting precious time moping about...

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
I want to see more of this beautiful planet we live on and show it to my kids.....I want a garden......(i crave nature in the midst of urban sprawl).
Half the secret is knowing what you want and then locking on to it and going for it....

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
When my name is mentioned I want no-one to say "Who?"

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
(Eera: i generally say "hey, it's that girl that likes Gene Ha. She must be cool..." cool)

i want The Thundertank

erm, and to have fun mainly ubbrollsmile

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I want to spin in the rain and feel both the element s (fire and water combined quote] .

Haven't you already done that one or at least come close umm

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
yeah but I want it to be pissing down rain!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
What do I want from life? I dont know, but I have ideas tongue

To make a difference, to change at least one person's life (better if more!), to repect others and be respected, to be loved, and love in return, to make others happy, to have fun and enjoy my time!!

Hmm... first two, and maybe three I'll have to work on redface Not that I don't have enough time!! I like to think I can check the others off for the time being...

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

vimstrange/r/st/-ish
142 posts

Posted:
understanding.

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Quote:

(Eera: i generally say "hey, it's that girl that likes Gene Ha. She must be cool..." )

Someone knows who Gene Ha is? My God! Now there's officially enough to start an "I know who Gene Ha is" club. Simian, my respect for you just grows and grows.

Albert Moy sells his original art for not a huge amount, I was there recently debating the pros and cons on either paying $3000 for a single Mignola, or getting 25 Ha's for the same price.

I want to give Simian a huge kiss.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I want to spin in the rain and feel the power of both of the elements (fire and water) combined

Valura, beautiful earth goddess... Thanks so much for reminding me of a special experience I once had... you can read about it [Old link]

What do I want? so many things...

I want to look back on my life when I'm old and wise and reflect on a wonderous existence, full to the brim with beauty, love, adventures and people.

My list changes from time to time, but at the moment every morning while I'm walking to my bus stop, I ask the universe to help me find these things:

A healthy and loving relationship with my partner
A spiritual teacher
A best female friend
A job that is perfect for me and pays me excellently
A beautiful place to live
To be debt free
An ease in the suffering of less fortunate people

and then, my final mantra is the big one:

to reach my full and absolute potential

To ask myself to reach my full and absolute potential is almost a burden sometimes. I feel that I lack direction, that my path is obscured. As conceited as this may sound, I have so much potential and can excel at so many things that my options are too broad and varied to pin-point even a handful.

I can't plan medium to long term. I can only do my best and make the wisest decisions I can at any given moment, with consideration for myself and respect for other people. My short term goals help me maintain momentum and i have moments of clarity and inspiration which give me the hope that although my path isn't obvious or direct, I am treading, skipping and dancing in the right direction.

I want to develop and learn and evolove. I want to gain such self awareness that I can project love-vibrations even in the most trying situations, for myself and for the nourishment of universal connectivity (which can do with all the love vibrations we can share, especially as there is so much negativity and pain in the world).

Ha - I just saw that I made a typo. I spelled evolve as evolove. Think about it: evo-love. That's exactly what I want to do... to evo-love. To evolve with love, in love and for love.

ubblove

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
what a powerful beautiful experience Flash. Would have been so wonderful to witness too... not in a pervy way, but in seeing such awesome power and such natural energy combining in together... back to our natural ways...

hug you are an expressive wee sprite

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
you know the way certain songs make you feel? the warm, tingly, strange feeling inside?

i think what i want has something to do with that feeling.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
of people ive talked too they either know what they want but not how to get it, or don't know what they want but they know how to get it (sexpistols) ,im the latter, i have no idea what i want, but if i did no i could get it, grrr, i have so many interests and i cant just pick on, i hope all hop ers get everything they want>>>>>luv

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I want to be understood . There's a start

Flashfire i love you post here to ubblove
EDITED_BY: Puk (1081918356)

MEERCATBRONZE Member
A Meerkat that eats chicken
194 posts

Posted:

I want to be employed