simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i’ve been playing with a few tangly stalls recently… Basically trying all the airwrappy stuff I do at the moment, then seeing where i can stall and reverse the spin of one or both poi in a way that looks nice. Here’s a couple that i reckon look cool cool

i call this one an

ULTRAMETASPHERE X wink ubbangel

Go into a simple twist-untwist type airwrap, with your hands at 3 and 9.

At the point where the twist switches to the other side of your hands (outside to inside) stall both poi by suddenly bringing both hands together above the twist (to 12).

Feels very isolation-y. From there it seems natural to bring it out into reverse butterfly stuff.

This one is clearly a

twisty sliding dangle tangle ubbloco ubbrollsmile

requires relatively slidey poi

(i’m assuming anti-clockwise spin. Transpose lefts and rights for clockwise spin)

Go into a twist-untwist type airwrap, with your hands at 3 and 9, tangling halfway down the left (upward heading) poi, but close to the head of the right (downward heading).

The momentum of the right should be reduced by the collision, and you can increase that by slightly moving your hands to the lower left.

With the right poi stalled close to the twist, you can move your right hand in closer – to the left – which makes the right poi head dangle down below the twist.

Hmm… hope that makes sense… It’s like a pulley.

Anyway, Feed the right hand right up to the twist.

all the above has happen before the left poi head moves from 3 to 6 (270 degrees. Remember: anticlockwise). So, pretty fast.

At which point (both poi heads at 6), you pull the right poi vertically out of the tangle and into a clockwise direction, while continuing to spin with the left.

(which puts you into reverse butterfly.)

i hope at least one other person likes these as much as i do... ubblove

All usual disclaimers for possible inaccuracy apply smile

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I've had a quick play with the Ultrametasphere X and it's pretty nice.

Unfortunately, my furry poi don't slide against each other well so I've not tried the twisty sliding dangle tangle.

I still maintain that the controlled knot thing I do is an airwrap stall tongue

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
umm surely that would be a stalled airwrap not an airwrap stall

tongue ubblol

(a non-slidey poi alternative to the twisty sliding dangle is to isolate the left poi around the stalled right, exiting in front, so you end up with the left arm crossed under the right biggrin )

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."