Forums > Beginner Staff Moves > Just made my contact 40 percent better overnight.

Login/Join to Participate

rifionmember
19 posts

Posted:
Can't lurk any longer, must share.

I went in to Big5 to buy some new grip. Took a gamble on some new really thick rubbery tennis grip. Has a foam inner "bead" to it. It looked funny at first, then I played with it.

It grips so much better than anything I've ever seen. I'm doing things I didn't even think were possible for me. It gives you a super soft cushion and spiral tread to grip with. I've been catching 10' throws with the back of my wrist. Out of the ordinary for me. Way out.

Highly recommend it. It made me 35% better overnight. The other five was watching Knox's video. Very impressive. Thanks for putting that up.

R

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the ranks of posting members, Rifion.

Awesome to hear about the improvement in contact...maybe I should consider making a practice staff as my contact is taking a lot longer to pick up than i thought...

What was the exact brand and version of the grip?

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

rifionmember
19 posts

Posted:
made by wilson. it's not just overgrip tape, it's an actual grip.
hope you have the same results i did.

ugoAgogoBRONZE Member
112 posts

Posted:
i have been experementing loads with stickky stick grips and things,

GRIP SHOP

i first started using the classsico inner tube stuff, this is good BUT much better if you coat it in Mr Zoggs Sex Wax surffy wurfy stuff. it makes it right good biggrin

i have recently covererd my contact stick in something much stickyer than anything else ive ever seen. Silicone. its great stuff, go to hardware shop and buy a tube of silicone, then spiral it down the sticks grip in a swirly pattern. Its bloody brilliant i tell ye ubbloco

dunno if it would be any goood fro a firey stick tho,

ugo a gone

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. . . . . . . . . . . . . ZAP

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Quote:

It made me 35% better overnight. The other five was watching Knox's video. Very impressive.

ubblol hey dave, this means your 1/8 as usefull as some grippy tape! ubblol

T tongue wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Quote:

It made me 35% better overnight. The other five was watching Knox's video. Very impressive.

ubblol hey dave, this means your 1/8 as usefull as some grippy tape! ubblol

T tongue wave

or you are just as usefull as all the other grip tape he has used conbined! ubblol

Step (el-nombrie)

rifionmember
19 posts

Posted:
I watched the video again, so Knox is now as good as one fourth of my grip.

Sigh,

I used to be normal.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
but its crap isnt it....

biggrin

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
ubblol

*sigh* how will I ever compete with good griptape? frown

it is, however, very encouraging that my percentage is getting higher....*looks hopefully to the stars above* maybe soon I will be half as useful as a piece of moulded rubber and foam (ooh! new aspirations!)

tongue

keep practicin'
dave

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
oh yes...and Slazenger do a rather good line in grip tape....
I have used the super thick 'bead' stuff like you have used and it is great isn't it? it also stops the grip from un-spiraling itself as you tend not to touch the crossover line because the raised area is so raised... um...yeah

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblol

but that means i am not even as useful as a lack of tape ubbcrying.

*promises never to deliver another video to HoP*

wink

just kidding.

what i do recommend is getting a knoxious to yourself and using him to bounce ideas off. it helps immensely.

and btw dave, i fully expect some doublestaffcontactpassing to go on between us at some point this summer(even if you slackers fail to make it to the ejc spank) probly graz......i'll be bringing my adept mo-seph with me who does a fine line in tasty contact manoovers too....

hugs
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

rifionmember
19 posts

Posted:
Word on the street is that the Knoxious one is going to be in LA soon. Wouldn't it be horribly remiss of him to not personally share his Jedi secrets with me? I mean i can only lift/borrow/steal so much from the video.

And it's not like it won't be an even trade. I can teach you all kinds of new and interesting ways to hit yourself in the head.

Ahh, nothing like public guilt trips... Don't make me watch the video backwards and bump you back down.

Seriously though, if you need something while you're here, holler.

Phellanmember
74 posts

Posted:
lol I think I could increase my repetoire of contact moves 1000 fold by watching Knoxious's vid enough. . . ugh! I need a longer, more balanced, and lighter staff before I can start those contact moves!

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
aww Rob...don't be a sour puss tongue

I think the boys might be referring to my "R.Heart-esque" tutorial heh heh

ah...and now I am simply rubber to be bounced from eh? eh?! ubbtickled

I'm definitely going up in the world...

and I would love to have a jam with you again Rob, Ben-ja-men and I had a good little sesh in Adelaide with some lovely ideas...let's not allow ourselves to be interrupted this time tho eh? wink

Rifion - I'm in LA for a night only I'm afraid..but hopefully at the end of the summer (if all goes well) I'll be back and either in LA or Vegas (viva baby!) doing shows...

word
dave

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
ubblol

i hope you were spinning faster with less control....

when am i going to get a chance to use you then, rubber-boy?

tongueR

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
ooh...spot the invisible one eh?...

I'm touching down in Ol' Blighty May 20th...see you soon after? You down for around then for Lisa's bday?

Get us a gig and it's a definite :P

*boing*
smile

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
hey.

i be not invisible.....
you're just blind.

might make it down for the bambambirthday. depends on the (now) three gigs we have that weekend.... grrrrr.

send me your pricing and i'll see what i can do.....

smiles
R