_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
My brother is in the U.S. Army and i just found out he was shot,but not killed. I've been online for the last hour and cannot find a list of wounded. I was wondering if anyone knew of where i could find one? PLEASE HELP! My brother is the only member of my family that cares to speak to me and vice versa. once again,if you can, please help.
EDITED_BY: -VT- (1081196732)

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm going to start to look online for you for a list. My thoughts are out to you and your brother.

Edit: https://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/iraq/forces/casualties/
has a list, not sure if it is completely up to date.
EDITED_BY: MillenniuM (1081057218)

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
that list is for all the people that have died in iraq.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

:mono:GOLD Member
15 posts

Posted:
i´m sorry to hear that, too!

just found this one via google:

https://www.thememoryhole.org/war/wounded/

will continue searching for other lists...

michael

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hey VT.

I have been doing a bit of searching, and haven't found much.

The first thing is, not to start worrying until you have something to worry about. I have known some guys in the armed forces, and they take care of people. They may put them in dangerous spots, but they get them out and they have damn good doctors.

The next thing is that they will protect your brother's privacy, and this is a good thing. They will not publish his details just anywhere. This is important because he is still stationed overseas.

I read through some articles on the subject. They indicated that the US State Dept will try to contact family members 17-24 hours after being notified, although it can take up to 72 hours. Am I right to assume from your post that someone has been notified, and you have found out in the form of a rumour?

If you cannot pump the person you heard it from for more details, you could contact the base at which his division is normally stationed. Whilst they may not be the correct people to talk to, they may at least be able to talk you through what is the correct procedure to find out. You may also need to provide some kind of identification as to who you are. Be prepared to do this.

hug

I hope all goes well.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
hug Learning about injury to a loved one is never easy. Here's to hoping your brother is being well cared for and doing well.

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
Thankies all for your support. The person who told about my brother is no where to be found and also on that note it was a freek incedent that i saw him. I was walking down the street as he was getting out of his car. I have tried to find him but, my serch has come to no avail yet.

-Albert Einstein-

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
Thank's for all the help evrerybody. I ran into my sister in law's dad and he told me what is going on. My brother is in bahgdad laid up in one of sadhams palaces they are useing for medical purposes with a gun shot wound to the shoulder and will be state side this may. Thank's a lot everyone. All of you are the main reason i love this site. hug

-Albert Einstein-

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
That is very good news. I am glad. smile

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
my thoughts are with you, VT.
may his and your recoveries be swift. peace

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Good that you finally know whats happening darl.
hug hug hug hug

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu