Forums > Help! > self replicating windows

Login/Join to Participate

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
i need help! whenever i close the window for the chat room,instead of closing the window start's self replicateing. so far the only thing i have been able to to fix it is close my connection to the enternet. does any one know how to fix this?

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
That happens to me with pop-ups... Drives me absolutely mad, when one closes, andother 10 opens... at one point, I had almost 30 IE windows open. It was insane. I nearly died, until I hit ctrl, alt, and del and killed them all.

So, I guess that's my suggestion rolleyes:

good luck!!

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
This problem is completely different with popups... popups are meant to do that, the HOP chat isn't :P

It's a bug with the chat. There's no fix for it unfortunately, Flid needs to root out the problem it seems. Sorry frown

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Won't closing the program in the task manager work? Its better than disconnecting from the internet if so.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Or just use IRC ubbangel

Speaking of, Mill, why are you never online anymore??? We misses thee! ^_^

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
ICoN: It replicates so quickly, it takes up all the resources of my computer more quickly than I can open the task manager. If I control alt delete, the task manager comes up after 30 seconds or so, and quickly disappears behind hundreds of windows.

I've been a bit busy Bobo dear, I'll try to be in later today biggrin

Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
ICoN: It replicates so quickly, it takes up all the resources of my computer more quickly than I can open the task manager. If I control alt delete, the task manager comes up after 30 seconds or so, and quickly disappears behind hundreds of windows.

I've been a bit busy Bobo dear, I'll try to be in later today biggrin