Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > multibeat hyp/twisties, AGAIN!!

Login/Join to Participate

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
okokok, so theres another post on this, but i want to leave that stramash behind me....

be clear here that im talking about multipul beats outside. where the poi are twisting up.

got them clean today, and totally diffrent from what i was describing before.

make your hyp. for this example im going backwards

as the leading poi comes up, 'swing' or stir both hands around in the wall plane, concentrating on the hand holding the leading poi. this stir should make them wind up again (for metior lovers, its very similar to the 'push' you give them to stay wall plane with one hand)

the end of the stiring motion pulls them across to the other side, untangle and tada! 4 beat twistie!

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Quote:

as the leading poi comes up, 'swing' or stir both hands around in the wall plane, concentrating on the hand holding the leading poi. this stir should make them wind up again (for metior lovers, its very similar to the 'push' you give them to stay wall plane with one hand)

Please clarify for those of us who dont do meteor? Is this "stirring" motion a circle? Is it done with both hands in sync or seperate? Do you stir in wall plane (ie verticle circle in front of you) or in wall floor plane (horizontal circles in front of you)? Is there an arm cross involved?

Youre just full of stuff I cant do today Nx mad

PS

<~~ 500 posts WOOT! biggrin

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
sorry, definatly not up to my usual standard, but i was rushed to get it down before i had to go for dinner.

the stiring motion, happens with both hands sync. with maybe the leading hand making a slightly bigger motion than the trailing. it happens vertically, pretty much wall plane bu as we are about to transition over to the wother side in wheel, its a bit twixt and between wall and wheel (what a lovely turn of phrase!)

theres no arm crossing, in backwards on the left hand side the right hand is at 12 and the left at 6, they stay in this position, the right hand definatly moves more, cos its the leadign hand.

basically before i was trying to get the stings out of the way of the hyp but was losing momentum in the hyp. Now im adding momentum to the hyperloop by swinging it round (the same way to add momentum to a swing, by swinging, lol) and this keeps it on the outside. waaaaay easier to learn when looping close to the handles, but works normally too.

sorry icon, i got a big list of stuff i cant do either. things with 'prizes' attached normally mean its on the list.

later folks

T wave

-><- Kallisti

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
To clarify... we're talking about an outside-outside thingy... it doesn't go inside at all?

If so then yeah, that works smile And adding extra outside tangles seems much easier with hands at 12 and 6 for some reason.

"Moo," said the happy cow.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yeah, outside to outside.

the reason thast easier is cos they arnt so 'open' for the poi to slip inside.... umm

T wave

-><- Kallisti

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Ooohh, outside to outside. Glad I spent an hour practicing the wrong move lol.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Quote:

be clear here that im talking about multipul beats outside. where the poi are twisting up.

t wave

-><- Kallisti

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I saw that, but I just figured more beats on the outside meant more beats also on the inside when it unwraps. Ya never said it will unwrap on the outside as well hehe.

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

spiralxveteran
1,376 posts

Posted:
Oh you can do this sort of thing going through inside as well. It's a lot harder though smile

"Moo," said the happy cow.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
you do know that you can just pass the poi handles in a rotation contra spin... as in your poi move forward to you pass the handles around in reverse.. you can usually get 2-3 passes on 5 bt weave.. depending on how you go into a twistie or even if you twistie at all outside the handle passing...

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yup! wink [Old link]

T wave

-><- Kallisti

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
psst... i think you guys have totally confused Icon ubblol goddam tanlged termrinolgoly

Icon: In your terms, the move being talked about starts outside and finishes inside.

what they mean about not going 'inside' is that it has no 'tangled buzzsaw' type beats inbetween your hands.

The move does finish inside your arms (wallplane)

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
ummm... well.. I guess it could happen outside to inside.. but I was talking outside to outside.. you know.. like leftside to right side.. but it could go outside to inside (between arms and body) or if you tangle it far enough down the chain outside to inbewteen the arms (wallplane)

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
The word 'inside' is being used to mean way too many different things here...
Quote:

ummm... well.. I guess it could happen outside to inside.. but I was talking outside to outside.. you know.. like leftside to right side..

*shrug* Same difference, just one is wallplane and one is wheel plane.
Quote:

but it could go outside to inside (between arms and body) or if you tangle it far enough down the chain outside to inbewteen the arms (wallplane)

umm now you've confused me. What's the difference?

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
outside to ouside mr monkey is like going from the outer left side to the outer right side.. think weave

outside to inside (between the arms and body) is front wall plane weave.. its a motion similar to a corkscrew, hand wise... just take a corkscrew.. and istead of your hands being out away from your..point them down at your feet... you get an outside wallplane on top the arms (ie. in fron the body) and an inside plane under the arms (ie..between arms and body)

and then theres outside to inside (bewtween the arms) I call this one outer to inverted most times.. this is where it starts in the outer wall plane but finishes.. in the buzzsaw plane between the arms.. only perpendicular to a normal buzzsaw... as in its betrween the arms but still wll planed.. this is the way a lot of people used to airwrap... just let it twist up further than halfway down (closer to the poi head) and keep your hands apart.. and it will spin an outside and then in between the arms..