Forums > Social Discussion > My reasons for joining the army.

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
I am joining the U.S. Army and i have had many people ask me why from this site and i thought i would get it all out right here. I am joining the army because I would like to learn a job skill that when i come out i can make good money at. such as but not limited to combat engineer,heavy engine mechanics,or medical equipment repair. also while i am in the army i get free medical,and tuition for college, when i come out of the army. I get free medical for the rest of my life,a loan to buy a home, and three years of solid work history.

I also have a few personal reasons for joining. I have been haveing trouble finding some sense of structure in my life. Not that i'm sure that i could'nt find it on my own,I just think The army might help in giving me a push. So basicly i'm joining the army for some self-improvement that not only i need but want in a major way. I've just kind of floated through life since i was 13,and i'm tired of floating. I feel that the army is(for me) a good point of focus.

EDITED_BY: -VT- (1081526688)

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

Peanut butter... It fills the cracks of the soul! -Paul Blart-

Psycho_lemmingSILVER Member
Running hippy spinning lemming
15 posts

Posted:
Hey good luck to you ubbrollsmile

I thought bout joining the army for a while.... then last year at uni I joined OTC - which is the officers training corp, its kinda a no strings attached thing and was good fun looking back, although now I know the army is not something I want to do and am glad I didn't join properly cos then I would be stuck there now...

I guess its different for different people... I hope it goes good for you smile

Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering...

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Quote:

No no no! Come here and help defend us against those wily and evil Canuks! ubblol

Hey! I resent that! We're just slightly neutral ubbangel

~ Bobo

PS Lightning, we have SMARTIES

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
The Smarties are a reason to invade!

They can be OURS! ALL OURS!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHA!

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PsychoTronic(old)member
64 posts

Posted:
hello:) NO DONT DO IT! The life of you military people is so nice.I mean all the things that u.s army provides.You will all have some money and some privilages... Go say that to the children that die because of the war U.S does.You are U.S s weapon.YOU and everyone that wants to have a good living job and comforts in his life out of nothing more than WAR and BLOOD.I feel very sorry for you because you know the harm that your country does, but all of this seems to you a little detail in front of the life that you are going to have
Quote:

So basicly i'm joining the army for some self-improvement
WHAT was that?self what????
Quote:

I've just kind of floated through life since i was 13,and i'm tired of floating

you all floaters go to the army???

you have a very bad idea for you... and be sure that army will make you a dog frown

The only thing constant in life is change...

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
well, i'm sorry you feel that way. (much sarcasm used in that sentance.)It's a bit late for saying no for me. My reservation for boot camp has already been made. If i don't go then i can go to jail for being awol.

Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism - how passionately I hate them!
-Albert Einstein-

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
Well, another update This is what i was going to do , but I'm going to reclass to this. The reason i am reclassing is because i talked to my brother last night (YAY! biggrin) and he told me that 88M is a high turn over job because they keep getting Picked off.
EDITED_BY: Pvt.VT (1084126396)

-Albert Einstein-

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Yay for medical duties! I find that admirable, because whether or not you agree with the war, you are doing something to support the men and women who are over there doing their jobs.

Besides, you already know how to be a truck driver. In joining the Army, you should try to come out with a new skill. Perhaps once you're out, you can become an EMT. Lord knows we need lots of good EMTs because we doctor types can't start an IV line to save our lives (or someone else's, for that matter!).

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

PsychoTronic(old)member
64 posts

Posted:
The army is still the army.I am very sorry that you are in there and you cannot go back.I hope that you will stay you and I will be here, near by to make sure that you are not going to be brain-washed.I will be a real bitch (i promise) wink
You US people must stop believing that the floaters go to the army...Please.If you have that idea for you then be sure that you will all be sheep underneith the big imperealistic system of your country.(You shouldn't be proud of that...)
many kisses and good luck ubbangel

The only thing constant in life is change...

FyreBRONZE Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
oioi, i`m in our military hospital at the moment and got a hang of internet so i tought i`d come over here and see if
there`s any topics on the army.
This seems to be a really old topic, but i tought about bringing this up to see if _VT_ is still around, i`d like to hear how the army turned out for him, and perhaps see some other points of views about the army. =)

If we can`t live in peace then fu*k it, let`s die.
The owner of Chellybeans right arm!

Peace -Fyre-

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
VT was on msn last night smile

But I had friends over so I couldn't stay and talk to him to get all his latest frown

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

FyreBRONZE Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
ah, oh well, maybe he`ll bump in on here =)

Peace -Fyre-

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
maybe you should bump him(?) to bump here smile

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

FyreBRONZE Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
sound kinky .. biggrin

Peace -Fyre-

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
this is the army not the navey! no kinkies here!

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

FyreBRONZE Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
ah well, don`t have to worry about those in finland anyways D:

Peace -Fyre-

_VT_SILVER Member
Your Face!
1,173 posts

Posted:
wow, I'm bumped! I is doin' good. I'm still a truck driver. I re-enlisted in iraq, so i got an extra two years added to my contract. So I don't get out the army 'till oct. of 2010. Currently i'm deployed to Afganistan. I would have re-enlisted here, but there is a new G.I.Bill wich looks very promiseing. So at the end of my enlistment I'm going to go to college on a full ride for 4 years. I do have to say that iraq was and still is a waste of time,tax dollars,man power,and brain cells.

-Albert Einstein-

FyreBRONZE Member
enthusiast
315 posts

Posted:
ah, sounds cool. i only have 46 mornings left in the service nana

Peace -Fyre-

Page: