MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
So my birthday is coming up this month and Im turning 21. My parents have been asking me what I want and suggested a trip to Atlantic City for a weekend or something to test out my new gabling ability. But considering AC is only an hour drive or so from me, I can do that any time.

Instead, I was thinking about a trip to the UK to meet some of the poiple who have inspired me so much over the past year. However, it would be my first time out of the country so I really could use some help.

If I did take this trip, my main focus would be meeting poiple. Whats a good city to go to where I could meet as many of you as possible? I would probably spend a week there. Any suggestions on decent/cheap hotels? Any big events coming up in the next month or two that I might want to be present for? And probably most importantly, is there anyone who would be willing to show me around a bit and introduce me to some people?

Any other advice suggestions?

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i reckon london would be your best bet, but i dont really know, cos im not from there. but from what i read here they are a friendly lot, and im sure theyll turn up here soon, and say 'yep, come to london. smile'

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
come to ejc its gonna be awesome from what ive been told its the best twirlin type festival in the world and most of the london crew will be there as its in france.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
I was actually thinking about the EJC but Im not sure about it. Firstly, when exactly is it? I looked at www.ejc2004.org and couldnt find a date. Its a 7 day long festival, do you stay there, eat/sleep etc there all 7 days or is it a pay per day type deal. Also, I have no idea of the currency difference... About how much American is 75 Euros?

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
right.

London, Edinburgh, either of thease. im shure youll be able to find accom once you decide (dont try to put out a shout to the london crown on a weekend, they are incomunicado tongue )

BJC is very soon, but cool.

EJC, if memory serves is on the 25th july.

euro/dollar lookitup!!!!!

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
25th of July eh? Thats a bit further along than Im looking for. How soon is BJC? Would actually rather go to BJC than EJC since the French hate Americans ubblol

And what exactly do the London people do on weekends? If it involves either a mass poi excursion or giant English orgies, my decision has been made ubbrollsmile

We'll blaze a new trail,

-Me

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
Quote:

And what exactly do the London people do on weekends? If it involves either a mass poi excursion or giant English orgies, my decision has been made ubbrollsmile

I take it youve never been to london then ive been threee times and never seen any of

bjc is april 15-18 so i guess thats a bit early for you. theres a thread about it on events. ill be there. duballstar (if hes in notts at all)should be too seeing as its in derbyim gonna give him no choice and drag him down.
anyone else interested???

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter