Forums > Other Toys > 2 devilsticks at once?

Login/Join to Participate

FireGirl_and_Pixieboymember
29 posts

Posted:
Any one out there know nething about 2 devilsticks at once? Any tips on starting? I'm not having much luck

...wot?

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
yah, i started doing doubles on the one year aniversery of starting. to start you can place both batons on the floor in front of you with a handistick near the edge, bringing up the handsticks gets you started in a proppeler pretty easily. or what i do is basically the same thing except for the fact that i hold the baton near the edge and have the handstick in my hand. now the sticks are in a + position. then you can go into the proppelor.

supposeldy tick tocks are easier than propellors, but for me thats reversed, whatever type of ide trick you can do should work though. you'll also need to work with you left hand for a while. i worked on both hands the whole year and when i went the ren fest where another stick was availible i just picked it up and did doubles on my first try. after getting them started just play around with them and remember to work your left hand!!!! ubbrollsmile

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

CodySILVER Member
That guy from Reno
556 posts

Posted:
I have seen people do doubles with two hand sticks in each hand. Gives you more controll. wink

Cody Canon
Controlled Burn, Reno Nevada

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Here's a link to a FAQ I did on double devil sticks tic toc pattern

https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=10&t=000220

and this is me at a convention years ago with doubles

Non-Https Image Link

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Dave, is there anything you DON'T do? You need to sleep more.

FabergGOLD Member
veteran
1,459 posts

Posted:
Dave eek You're the spitting image of my brother..... could we be related....??

My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely smile

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
there's bit of video of markus furtner on lutkus.com.

go here and download the video titled 'markus.mpg'.

lots more of him around if you can be bothered to look... smile

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

Twisthem488member
187 posts

Posted:
hmmm... would have taken me about 55 mins to download that so i stopped. theres another vid of the crystal stix king(cant remember his name atm) preforming doubles at https://crystal-stix.com/video/Doubles.mov
peace

Im a Thespian, But I'll Act Normal Around You Guys

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
Here's a short video (less than 1 Mb) of me doing double devil sticks this Monday: -

doubledevil.wmv

(right click as 'save as')

I shot several clips and picked this one because of the interesting frantic recovery when the first attempt at double spins goes astray.

I've never seen my double devil sticks from the front before and was surprised at how fast they look, when you're behind them they seem a fair bit slower.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
I was at the Isla Vista Juggling Festival, and there was a guy doing the most amazing double devilsticks I've ever seen... doing tricks better than any single devilstickers I've ever seen, but in tandem.

But get this: He was also standing on a Rolla Bolla or whatever that thing is called... you know, that board on top of a cylindar that you have to balance on? It was absolutely STUNNING, I sat there and watched him for a solid 30 minutes.

gsv-sleeper-servicemember
62 posts

Posted:
i have tried to do doubledevil with not much luck so far, the videos i have seen are helping a bit, i guess it just takes lots and lots of practice ubbloco

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

meltingBRONZE Member
journeyman
76 posts

Posted:
hey dude you have some talent thats wicked

where can i learn devil stick tricks i know about 5 tricks and cant find a flow with them

are you gonna drink that?

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: melting

hey dude you have some talent thats wicked

where can i learn devil stick tricks i know about 5 tricks and cant find a flow with them

I have been playing with devilsticks for a while and i really found just practice practice practice. It helps to develop your own style.

In saying that, i ordered a great dvd from stixguru.com last week and have been quite impressed. Basically the same as the clips on the website plus more smile

I was playing around with doubles for the first time last night, good good fun biggrin

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

meltingBRONZE Member
journeyman
76 posts

Posted:
hey thanks dude
great link
i will practice right now

are you gonna drink that?

BasstonesGOLD Member
Do you do the poiz?
530 posts

Posted:
 Written by: MillenniuM

I was at the Isla Vista Juggling Festival, and there was a guy doing the most amazing double devilsticks I've ever seen... doing tricks better than any single devilstickers I've ever seen, but in tandem.

But get this: He was also standing on a Rolla Bolla or whatever that thing is called... you know, that board on top of a cylindar that you have to balance on? It was absolutely STUNNING, I sat there and watched him for a solid 30 minutes.

I know this thread is really old but i was blown away to put on the freestyle section of the devilsticks dvd i ordered last week and see this exact scene... a guy on a rolla bola in a hallway... unbelievable.

Even scarier was that later on they showed footage of a kid maybe 7 or 8 years old on one spinning as well... crazy

"In the end there is only fire and a waterfall"

clubitnewbie
6 posts

Posted:
one thing you cn do is spin the 1 devil stick aroend 1 hand stick and 1 aroend the ather i havent seen it but i know some1 that has.