Forums > Technical Discussion > Has anyone tried the feral tec extendable staff?

Login/Join to Participate

escapegoatmember
4 posts

Posted:
after you allow for distance from the wick to the handle/joints, there's only about a difference of a foot available, but for me the appeal is in its ability to be compacted, and the fact that it is way cheaper than the inner core 3 piece. but the fact that it's cheaper makes me suspicious.

has anyone tried this staff? is it whippy? does it fall apart? do the joints make wraps impossible?

any feedback would be great!

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
have you tried teh firetoys.com firefly extendiong staff, these are good, i bought oen as my first staff its hollow, and uses spring button clips to lock inplace!

good staff nice to use!

Step (el-nombrie)

escapegoatmember
4 posts

Posted:
i was looking at that one too, but it's much more expensive (both unit cost and shipping cost) because of the currency conversion (i'm in the us). i haven't ruled it out, but i think for the moment unless i find anything out about the feral technologies one i'm probably just going to make one myself somehow. i don't feel that comfortable with mail order since i won't get to see how the staff feels until i've already paid for it and everything.

Originallmember
4 posts

Posted:
Hi. I have a friend who's got a pair of these extendable staffs.
He's used them for half a year or so. And is very happy with them.
His are the shorter types and they compact toa very convenient small size.
He caries them around a lot.
They are definetely very nice and sturdy, and don't look like they gona fall apart any time soon.hehe
I am thinking to get a longer one of these for myself when I got the cash. ubbrollsmile
Hope this helps

One day - the Intelligent life may be found on this planet.

NoddyToe Poking Bad Boy
2,865 posts

Posted:
im not really keen on them they feel abit shakey when i use them, they are good f u want 2 practice differnet length staffs,
also there quite costly

Remember.........YOU LOSE!!!

Originallmember
4 posts

Posted:
Hi Noddy.
I don't know if we are talking about the same thing here , -
confused
The question was about Fire-Stick by Feral-Technology - which I believe is this :
Feraltec - extendable Fire-Stick

Non-Https Image Link

Hope this cleares the confusion. ubbrollsmile
When I had a play with them I didn't find them shakey - But then off course everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
Also if you can suggest any staff that is just as nice and cheaper - I am very interested to know about it ! ubbidea But so-far i'm sticking with this one.
Thanks.
Keep on keeping on !

One day - the Intelligent life may be found on this planet.

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
I have used a lot of feral tec's stuff before, generally I have found their equipment to be reliable, evenly balanced and well made. Everyone I know gets their light staves from them. : )

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
Hi again,
I tried out one of these staffs on the weekend, The person who owned them said they were reliable and great, also they are quite light weight which is good for travel. I tend to go for sicks that have a thinner handle, as my tiny hands find it difficult to use the thicker grips, but other than that, they are really nice. smile

Eveish

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

TKOFmember
44 posts

Posted:
i dont realy like thick grips as i also have girly hands(for a guy no sexism intened) plus they are a little bit light for me

the end is nigh and now comence the time of the retarded badger