Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Glastonbury Festival (UK) Ticket Ordering MoanLine

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
you need a ticket though... they build a fence and stuff.

whos coming?

peace

EDITED_BY: Døm (1080908041)

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
as well as the fact you had difficulty focusing on anything futher than 4ft away bugman! wink

Thanks to Custom Bug and UCOF for the poi game at the stone circle on whatever day it was! it was ace, i havnt been that dizzy for ages! biggrin

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ubblol

The poi game. I forgot all about that and now I'm sitting at my desk with a big smile on my face. But I don't think jon played properly cuz he didn't fall over enough or look very dizzy! ubbloco

Bam....I was there I swear! We missed your hugs and chai, we even had lots of special ingredients to contribute! hug

Let's relight this forum ubblove

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
where's that "i'm far too tired to be at work today" smiley when you need it eh? wink

duballstar - lovely to see you again man, catch you around soon i hope.

garthy - wicked to meet you dude, hope you remembered some of the stuff we were talking about smile

oli - you caught me fairly inebriated! i remember saying hello in the mud pit that was the glade on sunday but look forward to meeting you again when i can talk properly ubbloco

well, i started my glastonbury visits in 1998, in a mud bath and i think the return to that state marks the end of the straight run i was building up.

ubblove to all that i have shared moments with in pilton - i will be back one day... hug

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i too was suffering from something on sunday night so i too look foreward to meeting you properly coleman smile

and twas good to meet you too bams smile

why do poi move more slowly at the stone circle?

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I don't know, but if you spin right in the very centre you can let go and control your poi with your mind!! It's true....it is you know!

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i can confirm that Bug was there in body if not mind cos his fire poi are the only ones i used over the whole weekend that didn't fall apart or stick together! now i've had some sleep and time for it all to sink in i'd like to thank everyone again for a real cool time and for poi/juggling inspiration. it was so good having so many people to hang out with even though we hadn't met before and as far as i remember there were many cool moments... i'm feeling very mellow after that! meditate

grouphug

*ping*

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
puts out two fingers to clasp spliffie

*PONG*

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
*yoink*

mwaaaargh still coming down

*sulks at bug for not finding us*. we were sooooooo easy to find.

best bit: the rainbow on one side, the sunrise on the other.

:drool:

R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I couldnt help it bluecate, we tried but we were really mashed and waling round and round in the dark with no one to help us but our map that I swear kept changing and telling us to go a different way. I think we ended up about 50 yards away on the wrong side of the hedge and couldn't figure out how to get round the other side. Damn those shrooms!! Just found out I missed firenix show too frown

Yoo'd better be there next year so I can start looking friday and find you by sunday ubbangel

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
Just wondering .. does anyone have any photos online yet ? mine are not digital so still developing but will put them on the net as soon as i get them smile

Duballstar - is there any chance you could send me those pics of the sunrise we watched ??

Mike biggrin

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i'll put 'em up inna gallery and send you a invite man! if anyone else wants to see my festie photo's pm your e-mail adress and i can do the same for you. some of them are actually quite good, honest... smile

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
wicked! thanks a lot! hug
biggrin

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
how did you enjoy the rock? were the sticks big enough? should i maeke them bigger(thinking of making some 17footers)?

love
R

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Rock? What rock?

Muchly liked the mahooooosive sticks though - large portions of niceness.

Plus, really liked the programming the Aerotech staffs whilst chin-balancing - very cunning

"I'm a homosexual cowboy, I love other cowboys
Almost as much as I love cows" biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

FireNixBRONZE Member
old hand
904 posts

Posted:
Heh Hoo all

Well Glasters has gone for another year - BOOOO

But its under a year - HOORRAAYYY

Cant believe how lame I was at getting up the stone circle, let alone having a spin. Only one morning and then only did fire in the dawn light - although a chat with the most lovely Tree in the Festie was the upside of that (and yes it was a real life TePokaran - not the wooden variety) - she's a Darlin' ubblove Love to her and all the Te Pookarites please BlueOne.

What happened to all you guys after your Sunday show? I vagued it and rushed it up in Vagueness ubbloco and then got way laid for a trip to the Stones that morn!! wink

Sorry I didnt get to see ya before you went confused You probably passed me Merc (the one with the Flat tyre!!) on the way out

So who did actually get to see anyone elses show??!!

Well I got to see Te Pooka's on the Sunday, with some great special guests, nice one as always Dave and Dim and wonderful yto see you Fairies again (hopefully I'll get an invite next year!! ubblol)

It was wicked and all the more eventful for some Bumski-ing about by BlueBobCat - very untypical, and as such quite an historical moment!!!! ubblol Sorry couldnt resist it!!! biggrin

Seriously though as an ensemble peice - it showed great variety and Theatricity too (that is a word - honest I just found it in me head!!)

And I even caught a Blown X from Tree, its safe in the FireNix Mobile, in pride of place next to one from that huny from the Black Eye Peas (yes I went.....For the Music Man!!! wink)

Oh and I experienced Cozmic Flames Fairwell show in the Cabaret Tent on Sunday (as well as others there and at the Fire Stage on Fri/sat) - I have to say IT ROCKED!! (well im a little biased - as I was in it!!) But what a great one to go out on. Although I may bring Cozmic Flame back in a different guise next year.........We shall see?!

Sorry to say I didnt get to see Burnt Toast if you were there?

And didnt get to meet any H-of Poiers!!! I was looking forward to finally meeting BamBam, but alas no - maybe next time, or may have to get to a P-in-the-Park before the EJC (lift going spare on the 22nd/23rd if anyone needs?)

Thanks to Ninja(anyone know his name on here?) for Filming us(give me an email mate - as i dont have yours) - might try to get that up on the site when I get it. and we had some photos proffessionally done, which ill try to get up before my tour of Europe

So to all those Glasters folk - wether met or not - You are lovely folk and I hope to see you all again next time, hug if im not in OZ (I had said this was the last for a while, but might fly back just for next years Pilton knees up!!)

LOve and Peas out!!! ubblove

Feel the Flame
Phirenix

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
Written by: Durbs

Rock? What rock?

Durbs - did you not notice System of a Down blasting out the speakers while the mahusive sticks were being waved around? umm

as one of the few (lucky people) that got to see the only burnt toast show i can report that it was very good. we'll done for holding it together while the fire safety guys were going nutts! wink

Rob- are bigger staff possible? you'll be taking the audience out! i really enjoyed the show, choreography was really nice all through + was well varied in themes + lots of nice ideas. it works really well doing it cabaret style... biggrin

firenix - i'm gutted i missed Cosmic Flame + somehow managed not to bump into you all weekend. next time man...

piggyinapramBRONZE Member
stranger
11 posts

Posted:
saw the rainbow too at dawn, what inspiration. I did moves i never thought i had in me. How magical and inspirational Glastonbury is. Till next year.
much love
piggyinapram

phinnot just a juggler...
101 posts

Posted:
glastonbury is over frown

already looking forward to next year! ubbrollsmile

tepooka show was excellent - saw most of it on saturday, but missed the beginning, so went again on sunday and dragged my friends along too biggrin

didn't get to meet many fellow HoPpers, which was a shame, but theres always next year, and maybe by then i will actually have some fire poi - only had glow ones this year, which aren't quite the same

phin

"look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man and work like a dog"

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Ah yes - that rock - I do like that song biggrin

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
i agree with ya blue cat ya were SO so easy to find! i have a sneaky feeling that the bug werent there too!! hehehe. the amount of poiers in the stone circle i asked if they were the custom bug! sure folx thought i was weird EVEN for the glasto crowd. met durbs on my hunt for the bug. gutted i never found yer show durbs but it wass great to see ya. i also watched the te pooka show several times and they were really good. REALLY good, bluecat is a secret agent folx so remember mums the word!

It's smashing to be back x

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I was in the stone circle like every day and every dawn except for Sat AM from Wedensday until about 9am Monday morning. Honestly I was!! No one beleives me. But I didn't spin fire till the weekend cuz we were too mashed but I had my black/white stripey socks going like mad things nearly all the other times!

Next year I'm taking a sign that says "I'M CUSTOM BUG - TAKE ME TO THE FIRE SHOWS" and maybe some one will grab my hand and lead me away to the nice poiple smile

Ali-birdmember
102 posts

Posted:
I only managed to meet up with people once, and totally failed to spin any fire at all, which was disappointing. frown Ah well... next year then, innit. smile

Had a wicked time!!!

Why is it that everthing which is fun is illegal, immoral, or fattening?

Psiboing
529 posts

Posted:
nah! i reckon you were at a different festival that happened to have a stone circle ... wink

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
You mean Glasto isn't at Stonehenge?? umm So that's why Old Man Bobbins and His Big Bangin Banjo was headlining the new cardboard cutout pyramid stage each night! rolleyes

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Guys...im sitting here with tears rolling down my face.

No, i have not just stapled my foreskin to the wall...im reading this thread and getting random memories and flashback when people remind me of things that happnened.

Custom bug...I thought we agreed it wasnt me at 6:30am on the stone circle... come on.. 6:30...AM......me....student....festival... STUDENT!!!

Oh..and I was absolutly F |_| C K E D playing the spinning round game. I just play it very often and i have a great sense of balance anyway.. but trust me...I was sooooo dizzy.

Im sitting here listening to the Doctor Who mixby Orbital on my MD (not the one from Glasto but a previous mix). Everytime i hear it..i remember being right at the back for Orbital, looking out and seeing everyone smiling. All my friends were smilling, others around me were all loving it. You could see all the random spiners scattered over the area. Im still crying with happiness. Never before have i had such an amazing time.

To all of you that were there: thank you. thank you a million billion times over. To quote smallboy: Im proud to call you all my friends.

I love each one of you all so much.

Rob: *Claps hands again* Bravo. I agree with the aerotech on the chin and change. You frigging genious. You (or another of the TePookarians) have an amazing mind to think of these things. ANd you looked lovely with make up on...it may have just been the drugs...but i swear you actually had stars in your eyes.

Bam, Hellls, DsAds, Dizzy, Alienfox, Coleman. I love each one of you so much. Thank you. words will not express how happy I was camping with you. I knew that if *things* went loopy, each and every one of you would be there to hug me. You guys are all wonderful. hug

Oli: Great meeting you my friend! I think i met you at the stone circle... wink i cant remember.

Rossco: Was great to meet you for the first time too. I dont only play stick though..i do generally everything manipulatory-wise. biggrin

Ali- Im guessing you were slighty erm... err.. *searches for the correct words*..you know what i mean ( wink) when we saw you. Was nice to see you as well (honest...we did meet even if you cant remember ubblol)

Durbs: Im sorry i missed the show. It was a shame the weather was so wank you couldnt do everynight.

Hugo: hug See you in Canterbury sometime my friend. hug

Fairyben: if you ever read this; I love the way i didnt see you unitl we were picking up our kit to leave...and you turn up with a hospital size canister of NOS. ubblol You crack me up so much and I dont want you to goto Overseas. You MUST come to canterbury before you go. Please. hug

To anyone else I met but havent named: Apologies. I was soooooo fooked...generally all weekend. hug hug hug Im not missing you out intentionally...everything is still so overwhelming at the moment.

I loved seeing that DOUBLE rainbow ending 100 meters away from our tent on the Sunday afternoon. I had just puked up and it was the EXACT thing i needed to make me feel good again. Oh why do E's make you chain smoke???????? biggrin

No one really stands up and has a look around at festivals. The sky was the most beautiful thing i have ever seen in my life. And as i had just been sick... i wasnt drugged (as much as otherwise). That sky. Wow. Blues, whites, erm...hang on...that was about it...it was the clouds ad thew sun glistening off of everyones tents that made me feel ubblove

Guys. I really do think you are all the greatest friends anyone could ever ask for. hug

You make my life what it is.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: UCOF

Custom bug...I thought we agreed it wasnt me at 6:30am on the stone circle... come on.. 6:30...AM......me....student....festival... STUDENT!!!

Ahem...Jon.....disco biscuits & mushes....6:30AM on a stone showing off with a staff....you...staff....substances....you....staff....glasto dawn....STAFF....sounds just like you m8! wink hug

Written by: Jon

Guys. I really do think you are all the greatest friends anyone could ever ask for. hug You make my life what it is.

You're just to lovely for words you are! kiss hug2 grouphug

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Oi! Gobshite! wink

hug

SERIOUSLY!!! it was not me!!!

dont you think I would know...oh hang on...fair point...it was a festival...let alone glastonbury.....must i swear on the holiest of holy things...it was not me. i know for a fact i didnt climb any of the stones in the circle......and im sure im not hte only person in teh world that has a red/blue aerotech staff biggrin

how many different spellings of "The" can there be?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
But there's only one with sailor boy trousers, no top, blonde hair and tite butt!! U must have a double! eek Imagine that! We couldn't possibly handle two of yoos!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
actually....you are not the only hopper to talk off my tite butt.

biggrin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Hang on... I siad Butt then and not anus before anyone makes ANY jokes.

I suppose i would look a little like this though: eek

Page: ...