Page:
Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Hi all you poi’ing people. Did a search on this thread but only came up with stuff for last year’s festival.

Iv been going to reading since I was 15 and haven’t missed a year except last year (Girl friend wanted to go on hol GRUMBLE)

The thing I wanted to know is how many of you are going to the almighty reading festival this year???? beerchug

An is anyone meeting up for a bit of spinning weavesmiley if so I am well up for that. I used to meat up with people the unofficial reading festival forum till it got closed down mad some time last year but since then iv taught myself to poi and since it was at reading I saw my first spinners thought it would be good ubbidea to go back and do some spinning of my own weavesmiley (hopefully inspire people like me to pick it up and have a go)
Also great chance to network (in an evil businessman voice HA HA HA HRRR)
peace

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Nope. sorry.

I have been going to the Reading Festy for teh previous two years an WILL be going this year (cheers for reminding me...need to check the site).

I make the point of shunning every spinner I see and I never ever go to Green camp exit and spin fire with everyone else next to the river.

Its not lovely.

wink

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
go to Leeds instead ! the site is way better ! biggrin

p.s. 300th post ! w000 ^_^
EDITED_BY: mrFlibble (1080855635)

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
i heard reading was really tight on fire stuff + people with staffs and chains last year... rolleyes

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
all they did was say: your not doing it on the grounds.

no fire staffs in teh main arena.

they didnt let me take in my aerotechs either..

so i put them down my trouser leg and walked on in.. biggrin

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
yeah, UCOF was really rude to me last reading...
i also shun every spinner there, but he kept shout distress at me, which wasnt nice...

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Are you mad reading makes Leeds look like a badly organised kids party. confused
And its full of fu*#@ing yobs mad not 2 years ago 12 people where arrested and the licence was taken away only by some very careful negotiation did Leeds get it back. biggrin

And if anybody comes back with but sometime people don’t play at reading they are only talking about G&R mad who weren’t even G&R just Axl rose and his band. And we didn’t want them any way ubbloco. And on a final point the bands are booked so the best acts are on the Sunday night at reading the last night of the weekend not crappy Fri. when your just getting into it. Like at Leeds

No no no go to reading is the one and only (Not that I hold a grudge or anything) cool

So I shouldn’t make my way over to Green camp exit and spin fire weavesmiley with everyone else next to the river. And I wont have a lovely time. Any thing else I should defiantly avoid. biggrin

We always stay in the yellow campsite I is the best by far right next to the main arena entrance. is not to big so you don’t get lost in the sea of tents MUCH!!! And has some of the best bogs

Non-Https Image Link

before i met those lot i thought they'd be a bunch of dreadlocked hippies that smoked, set things on fire ,and drank a lot of tea but then when i met them....oh wait (PyroWill)

dreamSILVER Member
currently mending
493 posts

Posted:
I had no probs spinning in the campsite last year....

some of the security came watched and chatted to me but no aggro...

beerchug

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

Nietzsche

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I recon me and you will get on great Monsieur Minty.

biggrin

yeh, so dont go to green camp as it is nearest to Reading town centre, dont go to green camp as it is quiter in comparison to all the other camps with regards to the proximity to the main arena, dont go to green camp as UCOF Jon, UCOF Chris, Dyke Boy and Custard Bug wont be there.

so remember. DONT go to green camp!!!!

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Awwwww but I just hate yellow tongue camp I haven’t used it for the past 9 years and I hate the way that it is in just the right spot and you don’t have to walk miles back to your tent.

I alls totally disagree that because its entrance is kind of hidden by camp H its not relatively quiet and it doesn’t fill up with seasoned festival goers but is all ways full of yobs ubbangel

Yeh I think we will just hate each other spank

Iv seen quite a bit of spinning weavesmiley just outside the main arena nobody said sqwat but was that was some time ago now was what got me into it.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Quote:

dont go to green camp as UCOF Jon, UCOF Chris, Dyke Boy and Custard Bug wont be there.

so remember. DONT go to green camp!!!!

i'm not going cuz I have already made the purchase of Leeds tickets. Yes LEEDS, LEEDS is the way forward! Better site, less knobheads and not at all.....

Quote:

Are you mad reading makes Leeds look like a badly organised kids party. confused
And its full of fu*#@ing yobs mad not 2 years ago 12 people where arrested and the licence was taken away only by some very careful negotiation did Leeds get it back

Most of the problems were ectually the fault of the overhanded security and it's all fixed with regard to the knobs. They all go to reading now!ubblol I will miss being at Reading tho, 8 years in a row (9 visits al together cuz one year I could only afford Phoenix tickets) and will miss you all but I'm sure lots of cool people will be at Leeds cuz Edibobble is much closer to there than Reading.

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Ok ok not going to get into an argument bout which is better (Reading or why is it called the Reading festival) but who is actually going
I’m getting my tickets this W-end

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
be quick dude cuz they've nearly all sold out!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
dont think so...

well, at least we all hope not as we have to wait for our student loans to come through before we can buy them..

*on a serious note-lets stop using negatives i.e. "Dont go to...." as it gets really confusing and will lead to a breakdown in commumication*

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Ok I won’t stop using negatives confused confused confused confused

Sorry I mean I will
biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Ha hah ha hrrrrrrrr got my ticket now all I got to do is wait for my slow ass friend to get theirs selling out my bum!!!!
ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbloco ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
You calling me lazy..

ubbangel

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
hummmmmmm confused yes biggrin biggrin biggrin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
oh yeh...

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
yeh....

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
yeh?

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Yeh!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
oh ok.

Mint SauceBRONZE Member
veteran
1,453 posts

Posted:
Hummm looks like its just us 2 going then ( hug hug beerchugThat would be a dull festival just 2 people beerchughug hug) you know of anyone else from hear who is going???

I'm taking a huge group of mates bout 20 or so but none of them poi I am trying to teach them but their just so dam slow. spank spank spank

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
we always have a group of about 20 people.

[cryptic]not dam slow...

those who can...[/cryptic]

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i dont know which if any im going to yet. i know people who live 15 mins away from the reading site and they want people they know to sleep there over the festival instead of the campsites smile
but the Leeds site is so much closer to me, and its a great site biggrin

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
But Reading does have a cool CLEAN river thames right next to it...

laZyBRONZE Member
94 posts

Posted:
I went last year and that's when I started spinning.

I plan to go this year, but don't think I can afford it at the moment.

Ah well.

laZy

as laZy as .....

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
if i go, it will be where i know most people. so at this stage i've got no idea which site i'm going to smile
if i do go i'd definitely like to meet up with some other spinners tho biggrin

graceBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
IM GOING got my ticket and love doing poi, hope i can meet ya or sumit.Love to be cool as! weavesmiley

Hold my breath when you are near
so i don't have to breath you in
look away before i start to endorse
your eyes full of hate and remorse
in to the eye of another
be the silence that screams

Page: