Page:
StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Perhaps it's because fruit bats are flying in each night to nick apples out of the neighbour's tree, but I was just wondering if anyone has a poi totem or familiar.

Like, I was spinning the other night and it just came to me that my poi sounded like an owl's wings flapping, as an owl flies through the forest on moon light night. So, all this made me wonder if anyone has a poi totem or familiar? Like a llama or vegemite sandwich.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
yeah.... thats a cool concept... mine would be the little fish at the end of nemo that eats the big one... cause I may be a lil chicken, who is usually very floaty and graceful.... but if Im feeling aggressive my poi style is fast and furious.

the little fish is not what you would expect...
I know that this isnt a typical totem but my mind wandered off...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
mine would be the mythiical bird the phenix, cos from so many life altering changes im still here, flying!

or if i aint allowed that, my totem would be in teh shape of my friends who are my soul, my joy, and my back bone.

if i aint allowed them, then id have a bed totum! cos im lazy!

if i aint allowed taht then id have a duck, cos F!!K a duck this is hard!

laterdays ppl

Step (el-nombrie)

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
mine would be..ummmm....some sort of fissh not sure which yet...or a red eyed tree frog, cos they so bloody cute biggrin

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
definitely a raven: o) I just love ravens, not in poi but anywhere...

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Mine would be a dragon or someother mythical creature. Mainly because i love mythology and always have ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

RosscoOfficial HoP hobbity potato monster!
434 posts

Posted:
Mine would be a monkey. monkeys are brilliant! biggrin
if not a monkey then a lion or tiger or summat like that, or even an eagle maybe.

AAAAARRRGGGHHH to much choice. i think my totem may end up being rather tall! biggrin

weavesmiley

O.B.E.S.E. Official Potato man.

Remeber kids.... Its all fun and games until someone loses a bol**ck! biggrin

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'm making a totem pole this year!! I have a massive pine tree in my back garden but it kills nearly everything underneath it so I'm chopping off all the branches and leaving about 15ft (3 metres) of stump ready for carving. Just gotta let it dry out first but hope it doesn't take long.

My poi totem would be socks....or maybe a carved flame

Let's relight this forum ubblove

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Need you ask really? ubblol

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
my poi totem is winny the poo and piglet too!

(it's true, and has been such since the beginning)

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Quote:

mine would be..ummmm....some sort of fissh not sure which yet...or a red eyed tree frog, cos they so bloody cute biggrin

We like froggies dont we Narr biggrin

Mine would be hmmmm......something small cos im small.
something slow, cos i don't often go fast with poi, feels nicer slow. But as for an actual animal i cant think right now.....butterfly would be nice tho. biggrin

I love cows, but they aren't really an animal i think u can associate with poi.

Hmmmm will come back later when ive thought about it.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Mine are frogs too, Narr! Actually, a pair of them (stuffed of course). They are at the ends of my practice poi and help me learn cool stuff.

They are surprisingly about the same weight as my fire poi (by pure chance, I know lots of guys that have added weight to theirs, but mine just came out naturally that way).

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
maybe we should form a frog lovers association ubblol

ummm ali something small and slow....ummm ..a snail wink tongue

or or a catapillar! yeah yeah cos then iot could turn into a butterfly biggrin...ohh that would make a cool carving biggrin

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Kapura MataaroHoP resident longboarder.
195 posts

Posted:
mine would absolutely have to the the (now extinct) tassie tiger, i reckon they are an awesome little creature...like a cross between and wolf and a very peeved dog, they were ornage with black stripes and were wiped out very soon after they started eating the sheep livestock here in tassie....they are very cool, LOOK THEM UP!!

"surely a longboarding fire spinner should have no trouble getting some action!"- NYC....

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
They're the ones loads of people think aren't extinct aren't they?

The ones with jaws that open up to 180 degrees eek

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Great comments. Actually, I was thinking that my flat mate reminded me of a rattlesnake, but hey, that's another story wink

KM and simian, Tassie tigers are most probably extinct, though boffins are gathering DNA from museum specimens to do a Jurassic Park. There are also rumours that big cats inhabiting most Australian National parks.

If anyone is interested in Totem Animals then they might find this celtic art site useful. The following is an extract:

Finding your Totem Animals: It is believed that each of us is born with 9 animals who bring teachings and messages for greater understanding and insights for our benefit throughout our lifetime. Two of those animals are permanent and never leave us. They are our primary totems and sometimes called Power Animals. They are not necessarily exotic animals and we usually know them by instinct because we are especially attracted to them throughout our lives - sometimes even dreaming about them.

Cheers

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Kapura MataaroHoP resident longboarder.
195 posts

Posted:
i think i'd know they were extinct..i only live their ex natural habitat, i didn't realise that your totem animal had to be still around...that sucks.. and i wouldn't be so sure about them being extinct they are "sighted" every year...

"surely a longboarding fire spinner should have no trouble getting some action!"- NYC....

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi Kapura Mataaro. Tasmania, that's the bit at the bottom of Australia, right. Land of Flynt wink

I hope them Tassie tigers are not extinct, but panthers and leopards are "sighted" every year on the main land. So far little proof has been provided.

Where did you get the bit about totem animals still having to be around? Dragons are probably also extinct, but are still regarded as sacred animals.

EDITED_BY: Stone (1080876268)

peaches**86943thats sooooo not where i parked my car...................
198 posts

Posted:
i would be a le sars because thats what i is
and sometimes im a peach
and if you ask lampchop im smelly

so mine would be a smelly snack size peach tasting le sars

we cant stop here its bat country!!!!!!!!!!!

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Perhaps it's because fruit bats are flying in each night to nick apples out of the neighbour's tree

sorry, dont believe you! melbourne farmed all their fruit bats down to geelong to piss us plebs off! spank

tongue

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Originally posted by Peaches
i would be a le sars because thats what i is
and sometimes im a peach
and if you ask lampchop im smelly

That post made about as much sense as a weasel in a wet cardboard shirt! confused

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

peaches**86943thats sooooo not where i parked my car...................
198 posts

Posted:
taht is a good example why you do not allow co-workers on your computer whilst you are serving customers

*runs off to go track down co-worker and a shovel*

we cant stop here its bat country!!!!!!!!!!!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Quote:

Tasmania, that's the bit at the bottom of Australia, right. Land of Flynt wink

Eh, not quite Stone, dear...

:P

Its the bit at the bottom, but seeing as I grew up and spent the majority of my life in Darwin (the bit at the top) it's hardly the land of Flynt...

Currently on the right side up of the world.

PsychoTronic(old)member
64 posts

Posted:
hehe!Pois remind me of dolphins.Maybe because i love dolphins,but when they are swinging they seem to dive and go up to the surface.They chase one the other like eternal dolphin-lovers.When the one fades i make sure that the other fades too.I cant play with one...(it takes two to tango...) weavesmiley

The only thing constant in life is change...

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
the spider is my creative totem, its a long story.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
Oooh! I love stories! Share? biggrin

My totem I think is either a Dragon or maybe a Panda? Dunno really...gotta think about it some...

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
My totem is a short rabbit type creature that stands on its hind legs. Its chubby and furry with long ears that drag on the ground. His name is Phuz and he has telekinetic powers.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Rabbits are cool. There are five half lops in my back yard.

You can even talk to them, check this site on Rabbit Language

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
dragon (duh! lol) or a cygnet. lots of associations with cygnets happening lately...

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Rouge, did I miss something???
Apparently, bats are messengers of the Shadow Worlds. That may explain why they have gone to Geelong. wink

Page: