Forums > Social Chat > anyone keen for a little madness?

Login/Join to Participate

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
so im finally doing my first overseas trip just a short one to go to the ejc, im arriving in paris on the 20th of july at 6.20 am rolleyes and i was wondering if anyone else will be in paris around this time who is keen to see the sites and go on mad adventures

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
oooh I'd love to. Don't know if I'll be able to afford it but I'll try to plan a visit in there somewhere. I heard EJC was the best festival going so would love to go along.

mad adventures are my favourite Mr Ben! biggrin but they have to be unplanned or it takes the fun away! ubbrollsmile

Let's relight this forum ubblove

WarchildBRONZE Member
After 17 hrs i got the little beautie
340 posts

Posted:
Dude im very tempted to just go to france out of pure randomness and meet you and go for a mad 1! This is the sort of things i most like to do.

2 years ago i decided while drunk at a party i was gonna go to Greece. Next day i was on a plan to Athens. Ended up Island hoping for 2 months having the most insain time of my life. When i ran out of money, 8 hrs later i was back in bristol. Unreal ubbloco

Make sure you Bump this thread before you go. You never know.

Cheers to the thought beerchug

A wise man once told me, A friend will bail you outta jail, A great friend will be sitting beside you saying that was f**king awesome.

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
Actually, I am planning on bein in France around then!

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
I'd love to go! Unfortunately, my trip to France is one month earlier than yours...Maybe next time... frown

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
If I'm going to the EJC, I may be able on for going over a little earlier. Unfortunetly, I won't know until way closer the time. I'll be in touch if I am. smile

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
coolness biggrin would be great if everyone came then we could all run round paris being all AHaHAHahAHAhHAhaHAhahhahahAHhAHhahah like ill definately have my video camera there for shananigins arciveage biggrin

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
Warchild i totally agree, Greece is awesome, while i was there i went to this fabulous island called Hydra, which had NO CARS, only donkeys, it was beutiful, we were there for this mad celibration of a greek victory against the turks, it involved an insane amount of fire works and setting a massive ship on fire, fantastic, apoligies to Ben-ja-men for not replying to his post at all>>>much luv

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Erm, why confine yourself to Paris though? I know your flying into there but you could use the time better by having a look round Europe.

I'm currently looking at what parties are round the continant at that time...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
im flying in on the 20 th of july and flying out on the 4th of august with the juggling festival from the 25th to the 1st doesnt leave me to much time to travel else where for this trip. *fingers crossed* ill be doing the uk later in the year/early next year

caz86Twister Fire Starter ridin on a tratter
156 posts

Posted:
I should be in Paris then! We're going interrailing in the summer and Paris is my "home away from home" so we're gunna start off there. We should go for spin mja mja!?

Does anyone know any other cool things happenin in Europe between about the 14th July and the 12 August?!

Caz x

Caz

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
awesome id love to meet up for a spin, apart from the tower what else should i see in ur home away from home?

156 posts

Posted:
Well, the thing about travelling is not what you can see. Its about going to a place and soaking up the atmosphere.
Some good places in Paris are like Montmartre area, this is where theres loadsa people busking and the Sorbonne or Latin Quartre, where the students hang out. You HAVE to walk down the champs elesée (soz I can't spell this mornin) and see the Arc de triomphe (and the crazy roundabout which surrounds it.)
I'll have to talk to my travelling dudes and make sure we'll be in Paris for the 20th. But spinning fire under the eiffel tower would rock!

Caz x

Caz

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
ooh can i come? i have no money wat so ever but i am amazing entertainment! ask custom its well worth having me along! ask george GEORGE?? SURE IM FUN GEORGE??? GEEEOOORRRGGEEEE?????

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
ta fot the tip caz ill be sure to check em out, i recon spinning under the eiffel tower is a must smile

kit i insist that u stow away in someones luggage and come to paris smile iiiiiiiiiiiiiinsssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiist *shakes fist* smile

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
oooh i'll do dat but they tend to check suspiious cars... and you guys are all gonna get checked... those dogs will smell the reekin paraffin!

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

156 posts

Posted:
U can get a £50 return from heathrow 2 paris on a coach! So arrive a little early and busk for a while! smile smile

I have practically no money either. Thats the whole point in backpacking.

Caz x

Caz